July 30, 2014 | 1801 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic in Carbon Black

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by 1017

So I notice that this has 400 some reviews and a 4.0 rating. I know I have tried this mascara before, but not the carbon black. But I buy it again, because, how could 400 people lead me astray? Well apparently we have different ideas on how we like a mascara to perform. I prefer CG Lash Blast Volume (orange tube) for crazy thick, long lashes. Telescopic Carbon Black gave me nothing but straggly, thin barely noticeable lashes. I don't understand. And the brush was so, so hard. I am glad this has worked for so many, but I am not one of them.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amazing for length and definition. I have naturally light, thin lashes that are medium length but so light that they look shorter. This mascara gives dramatic length while amplifying each lash. The formula is quite wet, so you might want to use a clean mascara wand that you can use to run through after it's dried a little bit, to get rid of some clumping. The wand does take some getting used to, but I believe it is well worth it. I like pairing this mascara up with CoverGirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara, since the wand on the clump crusher is so separating and defining. Another complaint would be the price. Ten dollars for a drugstore mascara is not so reasonable in my opinion, but I do think it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so...let me just say...this stuff is AMAZING. Hands down best mascara I have ever used, This totally destroys the theory that you have to wear false lashes, or spend 30 bucks for a high end mascara for gorgeous, 'they're-too-pretty-to-be-natural' lashes. I have long lashes to begin with, and usually, I have to work wonders with my mascaras to get the desired length After about five strokes, it just gets messy and I become disinterested. However, with this gem...not even half as much work is required. The formula is wet, and can get on your lids if you're not using a steady hand, but that's the case for any mascara. After one stroke (even though I go over them about three times for perfection), my lashes look like they've been curled. I am always asked if they're mine..that' how I know they look good. i purchased mine after seeing Carli Bybel's rave reviews, and it lives up to the hype, for sure. Sometimes it's annoying with getting the brush back into the tube, because of how the inside of the bottle is designed, but that could just be the one that I have. It's kind of pricey for a DS product...$8 I think?? But it's definitely worth it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by lindadove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love it for lengthening, keeps upper lashed curled. lower lashes slightly uncurl. lower lashes smudge during the day so i never used it on my lower lashes. tried CG lashblast fusion which is water resistant over it on my lower lashes and no more smudging. it also smudges if you cry or get a little bit of water on it. that i don't like. might buy again for the great lengthening but don't like to have to use 2 different mascaras, smudging or running when it gets slightly wet.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Lolo84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i didnt like this mascara at all i found it very sticky and didnt do anything for my Eyelashes would never buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by cosmetologist11

I have used this everyday for about a week now, extremely pleased with the look of my lashes. Sadly my lashes are short and rather sparse, this mascara gives close to the length of wearing false lashes. It truly lives up to its claim. Provides a very intense black, no clumping even with multiple layers, great length, and have not experienced flaking. Although it does not make them appear much fuller, but then again it does not necessarily claim to do so. I would repurchase this again if just for my lower lash line alone. The wand is the PERFECT size to coat all the lower lashes without overwhelming them with product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Nope. Years ago, I used to love L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, I thought it was great and then I bought good mascaras like MAC Lash Deluxe. L'Oreal's mascaras are usually wonderful but their Telescopic mascaras have a terribly awkward and silly brush.

The Telescopic Carbon Black mascara is very black which is good but the brush is too awkward for the lashes at the corner of my eyes and it is lengthening but not thickening. And because of the brush's awkwardness, my middle lashes look fine but not the rest! LOL

I cannot figure out how to use that silly brush! Ridiculous.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara! Only mascara that has ever made my short lashes look dark, sexy and bold. Before this I was using primarily LancĂ´me mascaras which are really pricey and don't even come close to this mascara. The only mascara I've ever repurchased from the drug store. Loveeee it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice for a drugstore brand. No complaints. It is neither here nor there, which is fine by me for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by kaefie

I have bought and tried many different brands over the last 21 years - this is the FIRST TIME that I have repeat purchased as soon as it ran out.

This mascara has a beautiful consistency, doesn't flake, stays back without being too glossy. Doesn't make your eyes 'sting' as it a starts to get old/run out. Fans out my lashes beautidully and seperates them pretty well without the lash comb.

I am very surprised and very happy with telescopic. It's also great in all weathers - stays put. I'm also happy that I'm starting to find my 'repeat purchases' now, I feel my research and endless 'testing' is finally coming into fruition.