Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

on 4/6/2011 11:37:00 AM

I havn't had Obsession on my skin since I was a wee teen in the 80's! I actually can't really believe I used to wear this stuff as a teenager as it's a huge perfume! I do like it, it's a nice powdery spicy scent on me but only suited for winter IMO. Spritzed carefully, I'll probably used my Q-tip or cotton ball method (1 spray on a Q-tip or cotton ball then applied gently to wrists) as this stuff when over spritzed could take out a small town! I'll revisit Obsession in November and revise my review if anything is different. :o)

on 3/30/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

An attractive, alluring scent ... I was one of the ppl who loved this fragrance when it hit the market in the '80s. Made a big splash.

I love the vanilla that makes it creamy & the musk that makes it sultry. I don't currently own a bottle but I think it's a very warm scent, great for the dead cold of winter.

A classic.

on 2/11/2011 1:39:00 PM

this fragrance is disgusting...really..it makes me sick.. causes nausea..it is soooo strong so heavy...smells like garbage.....I can't understand how can a women wear this ..never never wear it

on 2/9/2011 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was just a baby when this was popular, and I've never known anyone who wore it, so I bought it completely blind on eBay, just wanting to try it.

I'm having trouble describing what this perfume means to me now. I have been feeling bad about myself lately, I'm on antidepressants which have caused irregular weight gain and SEVERE stretch marks, and I've been having odd pains and aches and fluid retention and you-name-it. All in all, I've been finding it hard to adhere to my beliefs in body acceptance and weight neutrality and self-love.

Then along came Obsession, arriving in the mail.

I spritzed it on my wrists, and the next thing I knew I was enveloped in a warm, sensual musk of vanilla and caramel, and suddenly my body was no longer a battlefield of strange and depressing feelings and side effects: It was a warm, soft, glowing whole of beauty and comfort, and I felt so good I wanted to cry.

This perfume is my little miracle. It is helping me through a really bad time, and it is helping me feel sexy and beautiful when my body makes it hard to feel that way. Thank you, Obsession.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the EDT in a set of other CK perfumes, and to be honest was a little scared of this one. I had been told this was a heavy, overpowering, oriental perfume. Tonight I finaly decided to try it. I sprayed once onto my wrists and took a whif. It wasnt as bad as I expected. Yes, it was heavier than my normal perfumes, but it was nice.

Then it developed into something compleatly different. It took me a long time to figure out what it reminded me of. It smells exactly like when as a little girl, I stuck my face into the stream of a humidifyer and tried to breath in. I also reminded me & everyone around me of playdough.

on 1/27/2011 9:41:00 AM

I know a woman that's been wearing this crap since the late 80's and everyone knows when she's been there. Her scent lingers in the air like an ominous plague. Being unfamiliar at the time with classic frags, I thought for years that it was Shalimar when one day she pulled this dirty bastard out of her purse and spritzed it....everywhere....UGH!!!!....cloves, leather, patchouli, musk and layers upon layers of Palmer's cocoa butter and viola - you have Obsession by Calvin Klein!
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that I'll never touch the stuff. It too violently reminds me of that woman and her insecure, forced aggression..(you know, the type of woman that WANTS to be a bitch but falls short because it's so blatantly obvious? Yeah, that type). Just the same, even if she hadn't forever tarnished this scent for me, I still wouldn't use it to freshen the litter box with. It's THAT bad!

on 1/20/2011 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Back in the early nineties I loved Obsession and went through two bottles. I forgot about this fragrance until an ex-boyfriend's mom wore it years later. I had to buy her a bottle for every holiday, including her birthday. This woman literally bathed in it, and I got a horrendous headache each time I was around her. It ruined the scent for me. Now, if I smell a sample in a magazine or smell someone wearing it I get a nauseating headache.

on 1/17/2011 10:28:00 AM

Cant say enough about this perfume! I am a retail manager, so I come across a lot of people through out the day, and I ALWAYS receive compliments on this. It is extremely strong, less is more with this perfume. I just put a little on my wrist and call it a day. It is just enough for people to get a small whiff of it when I'm around. My sales associates are all in love with it and know when I'm around! When applied LIGHTLY, it is the most unique and captivating smell. LOVE it!

on 1/16/2011 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I like fragrances of all kinds: designer, niche, Avon, drugstore scents - favorites in every category. But the one I love above all is Obsession. It's a warm, inviting, enveloping, mysterious spicy Oriental fragrance that makes me feel like ten million bucks when I wear it. Like other CK fragrances - most notably Euphoria - it has to be applied with a very light hand, on the "come in close and breathe deeply" theory. In almost 30 years I've never smelled a knockoff that could remotely compare. I have two bottles of the cologne and some remnants of powder, lotion, etc., from the 1980s; they haven't lost any of their intensity and I will guard them zealously for the rest of my life! I have more recent favorite fragrances too, but this is the one, the only: my holy grail!

on 1/15/2011 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

To the previous poster...
you say you used to receive compliments every time you wore Obsession back in the 80's but dont get compliments now when you wear it - because of this - you think 'the formula has changed'?

I'm guessing you were in your 20's when you first wore this perfume.....
do you think this could be the reason you received compliments then and not now?
(young women tend to get compliments no matter what they're wearting - as an example - I used to sometimes wear 'Charlie' perfume back in the day - that stuff smelled terrible and yet I still used to get compliments).
I think its a case of 'we have changed' more than the formula has changed :(

Popular Fragrances