October 25, 2014 | 1482 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by papilloncrazy

I tried this after hearing all the raves about it. I was quite skeptical about stick concealors cos some of them end up being so dry in texture. However, I was quite amazed when I tried it. It didn't leave a sticky feeling which I always had when I tried cream concealors. And it didn't oxidize even after 8 hours of wear trying it out walking out and about in the sun and sweat. I'm AMAZED. However, when I got home and examined the skin under the eyes up close, I noticed that it had settled just a little into my fine lines. But it wasn't noticeable unless you were standing and staring about 5 cm away from my face. The price... in Singapore... is crazy. I can't believe a concealor can cost more than $100. I can buy 3 Bobbi Brown concealors with this price. I WANT to buy it again but I can't justify it for my middle income lifestyle.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by heathhansn

THE BEST. I've used a lot of different concealers - Lancome, Bobbi Brown, MAC you name it. Hands down this is the best of the bunch. I only use it under the eyes, and it is perfection. It lasts all day, does not sink into lines around the eyes. Expensive for sure, I think around $70, but it lasts forever (a year easy) and is just a super product for my 44 year old skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this from Nordstrom since they take anything back. I was skeptical about a $70 concealer and Kim Khardashian endorsements and such. But my under/inner eye blue-ness really is the one issue I have with my make up so I gave it a try. This worked brilliantly for me! It does the trick and does not look caked on. I do recommend moisturizing. Applies easily with brush or fingertips. Does not run or settle into fine lines. HG HG HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by hina1983

This is the absolute best concealer out there and I've tried a few (YSL, Givenchy, MAC). It only comes in a few colors, however, I was able to find a perfect match (beige). The packaging is sleek, durable, and good for travel. I use it over eye cream and primer. It goes on easy, blends well, and it never looks like I have anything on. It has a very natural/matte finish. I not only use it under my eyes, but also over any blemishes. I find its easiest to blend with my fingers as the heat will help it sink into my skin. It's pricy, however, it lasts me about a year (with daily use) so to me its worth it. I am constantly looking to try new products to find something better than what I have, however, I will never even consider using another concealer (that's how good this is)!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh I just don't know. It's great for blemished more than under eye. Yes I know, use an eye cream. But for 75 bucks I shouldn't have to if I'm out and about. The only reason I might keep it is because it's a nice eyeshadow base. Also I'm embarrassed to return it at bergdorf.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This concealer is lovely, it covers my dark circles very well and the consistency is just heavenly. It's very balm like, it blends like a dream. There are very few negatives to this product, but I do find they outweigh the positives. If I was very rich, I'd gladly repurchase this over and over again. But, I find Mac Studio Finish to have almost the exact same texture, though it is less easily blended and perhaps a bit more drying. The color selection of Studio Finish is also much better, I prefer to have something pink toned under my eyes and unfortunately this concealer is very yellow toned. I am not sure if this product has SPF, but I know Studio Finish does. None of these things are a deal breaker, but how can I justify paying so much for this product when Mac makes something just as good, for a fraction of the price? I just can't recommend this to other people based on the price. If you're wealthy, then by all means buy this over and over again, it's great! But for the average consumer, this really is not a must have. It is a wonderful product but once it is gone I will go back to Mac without any regrets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

*sigh* did not want to love this, but do... So worth it. IMO, not cakey or dry, thick and rich without being vaseline like as some concealers are. Can work on eyes or around nose, etc. Just perfect, not sure how else to explain it. Reminds me of old-school Max Factor pan stick make up but some how lighter, smoother, a more finely milled product = better coverage with less, creamy enough to blend in but dry enough to not crease. I wear this in Beige and am LM loose mineral powder fndtn in Rich Vanilla, and also use Classic and natural Beige, Real Sand in her line as well. I use this concealer more to brighten than to blend so truly a shade too light but for brightening use over a foundation, it's impeccable. I'd rather not think about the price. It's absurd.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by kennymoron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

For me, it's the BEST concealer (well, up until now that is). I've been wanting to buy this product for soooo longgg, but the price always makes me to buy it later on when I'm running out of concealer.

Since my mother is also a make up junkie, she's the one who bought this and we kinda share it together (I took some of the concealer from the stick and put it in a small jar container). This concealer is very easy to use, I use a small concealer brush (or eyeliner brush if I have a lot of time to do my face for pin-point concealing) and this product effortlessly cover any spots that I have. I use powder to set it afterwards. Lasting power is good, as long as I didn't touch my face during the day. But, touch up is pretty quick and easy to do when it's started to fade at the end of the day.

I'm NC30-35 and I use 'Ocher' for the color, the SA told me to use Beige but I chose Ocher instead because it has yellow undertone even tho it's a tad darker for my skin (it doesn't really matter tho and I can use lighter powder to set it).

The thing is I only use concealer to cover spots and imperfections, I never use it under my eyes, so I can't give this product review for under eye use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pricy and I think my estee lauder DW concealer works better. For around the eyes, this concealer creases if you have to use anymore then a light smear LOL. Its super fantastic at covering scars and discoloration elsewhere though but not on a bumpy fresh red pimple (looks to dry around them and flake a bit). Also, you could presumably use this as a foundation (mind the price thought!) if you dotted it around your face and buffed it in (I did this more then once, but although it looked great, to expensive to continue with that practice). I had it in honey. it was a perfect match for my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

This tube of concealer cost $60. Although it is all right, I do not find it better than any number of concealers including but not limited to: Kat Von D tattoo concealer, Maybelline's Age Rewinder concealer, Exuvience's concealer, the Hourglass concealer (HE but still cheaper) or MAC studio sculpt concealer.

So, ask yourself....does the quality of this REALLY warrant the price? Of course not. We just watch the gurus and insist that the magical "thing" is out there that will cloak our dark circles and blemishes better than anything else!

Save yourself at least $30 and buy any of the other brands I mention above - use the difference for something else!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No