December 19, 2014 | 1669 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lydial

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

please. this is a powerhouse. when you have baaaad undereye circles - like the kind where people ask you if you are sick - the cle de peau is utterly transformative. i have in both beige and ochre (for when i'm more tan or wearing darker foundation, often i mix the two) it's amaze. pretty opaque though. if i'm less dark circle-y i will mix it with an illuminating concealor - i actually really like the cheap-o revlon pen one. but the cle de peau stick undereye concealer is worth every penny and something every woman should have in her arsenal. lasts forevs. also, if you are fair-medium caucasian with that shadow/pigment on upper lip from bcp's, beige works wonders. has just enough pink to bounce brown-ish shadows.

i have dark circles under my eyes cuz i'm a stressed out person and then also i have deepset eyes so i get a shadow from my brow bone. ugh. this really helps though.

i apply on the inner corner and the inner half of the under eye orbital region - i do not extend it all the way out because it does emphasize crows feet - no more than any other product, but you know. all good. go for it if you are considering. i also like la mer concealor in medium, it's pinker. so i use it when i think that's gonna help things. but cle de peau is always in my kit. always.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by MariaLee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Today I got a MAC Studio Sculpt in NC20 after reading lots of reviews. I already own a Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige, last week I got a Maybelline Mineral Concealer. Then I set to do some tests. Lately my chin has gotten lots of zits, some ugly purple and red scars, I got these zits because I was using Lancome Visionnary serum. I put some concealer, then powdered on with my Chanel Mat Lumiere compact pwder in Sabre. Cle de Peau was the only one that really hide the bruises and scars, but was heavy on my dark circles under eyes, This concealer works miraculously on the ugly pimples, people don't even know that I have something ugly underneath the concealer. Maybelline Mineral Concealer is liquid, runny but it gives a good result on the undereye circles, it is very light, but I don't have serious dark circles, my serious problem is scar, purple scars left by zits. I paid US$ 20 for MAC Studio Sculpt but it was not good for bruises/scar covering or undereye circles. I also have LM Secret Camouflage, it doesn't work well and it is too difficult to handle. I also have Revlon Age Defying (too orange and fake results), Make up Forever concealer that it is too dry, amplify the undereye lines and gives lots of zits, Lancome Effarcennes, no resut at all and gave me lots of zits. I never tried EL concealer but I use te Estee Lauder liquid foundation in Sand, Chanel compact powder Mat Lumiere in Sable, Nars bronzer and Revlon Highlighter powder to create a perfect skin. I use also the Perfectionist (Estee Lauder) as primer, works better tan Smashbox primer, MAC primer in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by papilloncrazy

I tried this after hearing all the raves about it. I was quite skeptical about stick concealors cos some of them end up being so dry in texture. However, I was quite amazed when I tried it. It didn't leave a sticky feeling which I always had when I tried cream concealors. And it didn't oxidize even after 8 hours of wear trying it out walking out and about in the sun and sweat. I'm AMAZED. However, when I got home and examined the skin under the eyes up close, I noticed that it had settled just a little into my fine lines. But it wasn't noticeable unless you were standing and staring about 5 cm away from my face. The price... in Singapore... is crazy. I can't believe a concealor can cost more than $100. I can buy 3 Bobbi Brown concealors with this price. I WANT to buy it again but I can't justify it for my middle income lifestyle.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by heathhansn

THE BEST. I've used a lot of different concealers - Lancome, Bobbi Brown, MAC you name it. Hands down this is the best of the bunch. I only use it under the eyes, and it is perfection. It lasts all day, does not sink into lines around the eyes. Expensive for sure, I think around $70, but it lasts forever (a year easy) and is just a super product for my 44 year old skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this from Nordstrom since they take anything back. I was skeptical about a $70 concealer and Kim Khardashian endorsements and such. But my under/inner eye blue-ness really is the one issue I have with my make up so I gave it a try. This worked brilliantly for me! It does the trick and does not look caked on. I do recommend moisturizing. Applies easily with brush or fingertips. Does not run or settle into fine lines. HG HG HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by hina1983

This is the absolute best concealer out there and I've tried a few (YSL, Givenchy, MAC). It only comes in a few colors, however, I was able to find a perfect match (beige). The packaging is sleek, durable, and good for travel. I use it over eye cream and primer. It goes on easy, blends well, and it never looks like I have anything on. It has a very natural/matte finish. I not only use it under my eyes, but also over any blemishes. I find its easiest to blend with my fingers as the heat will help it sink into my skin. It's pricy, however, it lasts me about a year (with daily use) so to me its worth it. I am constantly looking to try new products to find something better than what I have, however, I will never even consider using another concealer (that's how good this is)!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh I just don't know. It's great for blemished more than under eye. Yes I know, use an eye cream. But for 75 bucks I shouldn't have to if I'm out and about. The only reason I might keep it is because it's a nice eyeshadow base. Also I'm embarrassed to return it at bergdorf.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This concealer is lovely, it covers my dark circles very well and the consistency is just heavenly. It's very balm like, it blends like a dream. There are very few negatives to this product, but I do find they outweigh the positives. If I was very rich, I'd gladly repurchase this over and over again. But, I find Mac Studio Finish to have almost the exact same texture, though it is less easily blended and perhaps a bit more drying. The color selection of Studio Finish is also much better, I prefer to have something pink toned under my eyes and unfortunately this concealer is very yellow toned. I am not sure if this product has SPF, but I know Studio Finish does. None of these things are a deal breaker, but how can I justify paying so much for this product when Mac makes something just as good, for a fraction of the price? I just can't recommend this to other people based on the price. If you're wealthy, then by all means buy this over and over again, it's great! But for the average consumer, this really is not a must have. It is a wonderful product but once it is gone I will go back to Mac without any regrets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

*sigh* did not want to love this, but do... So worth it. IMO, not cakey or dry, thick and rich without being vaseline like as some concealers are. Can work on eyes or around nose, etc. Just perfect, not sure how else to explain it. Reminds me of old-school Max Factor pan stick make up but some how lighter, smoother, a more finely milled product = better coverage with less, creamy enough to blend in but dry enough to not crease. I wear this in Beige and am LM loose mineral powder fndtn in Rich Vanilla, and also use Classic and natural Beige, Real Sand in her line as well. I use this concealer more to brighten than to blend so truly a shade too light but for brightening use over a foundation, it's impeccable. I'd rather not think about the price. It's absurd.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by kennymoron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

For me, it's the BEST concealer (well, up until now that is). I've been wanting to buy this product for soooo longgg, but the price always makes me to buy it later on when I'm running out of concealer.

Since my mother is also a make up junkie, she's the one who bought this and we kinda share it together (I took some of the concealer from the stick and put it in a small jar container). This concealer is very easy to use, I use a small concealer brush (or eyeliner brush if I have a lot of time to do my face for pin-point concealing) and this product effortlessly cover any spots that I have. I use powder to set it afterwards. Lasting power is good, as long as I didn't touch my face during the day. But, touch up is pretty quick and easy to do when it's started to fade at the end of the day.

I'm NC30-35 and I use 'Ocher' for the color, the SA told me to use Beige but I chose Ocher instead because it has yellow undertone even tho it's a tad darker for my skin (it doesn't really matter tho and I can use lighter powder to set it).

The thing is I only use concealer to cover spots and imperfections, I never use it under my eyes, so I can't give this product review for under eye use.