April 21, 2014 | 1295 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by kennymoron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For me, it's the BEST concealer (well, up until now that is). I've been wanting to buy this product for soooo longgg, but the price always makes me to buy it later on when I'm running out of concealer.

Since my mother is also a make up junkie, she's the one who bought this and we kinda share it together (I took some of the concealer from the stick and put it in a small jar container). This concealer is very easy to use, I use a small concealer brush (or eyeliner brush if I have a lot of time to do my face for pin-point concealing) and this product effortlessly cover any spots that I have. I use powder to set it afterwards. Lasting power is good, as long as I didn't touch my face during the day. But, touch up is pretty quick and easy to do when it's started to fade at the end of the day.

I'm NC30-35 and I use 'Ocher' for the color, the SA told me to use Beige but I chose Ocher instead because it has yellow undertone even tho it's a tad darker for my skin (it doesn't really matter tho and I can use lighter powder to set it).

The thing is I only use concealer to cover spots and imperfections, I never use it under my eyes, so I can't give this product review for under eye use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pricy and I think my estee lauder DW concealer works better. For around the eyes, this concealer creases if you have to use anymore then a light smear LOL. Its super fantastic at covering scars and discoloration elsewhere though but not on a bumpy fresh red pimple (looks to dry around them and flake a bit). Also, you could presumably use this as a foundation (mind the price thought!) if you dotted it around your face and buffed it in (I did this more then once, but although it looked great, to expensive to continue with that practice). I had it in honey. it was a perfect match for my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

This tube of concealer cost $60. Although it is all right, I do not find it better than any number of concealers including but not limited to: Kat Von D tattoo concealer, Maybelline's Age Rewinder concealer, Exuvience's concealer, the Hourglass concealer (HE but still cheaper) or MAC studio sculpt concealer.

So, ask yourself....does the quality of this REALLY warrant the price? Of course not. We just watch the gurus and insist that the magical "thing" is out there that will cloak our dark circles and blemishes better than anything else!

Save yourself at least $30 and buy any of the other brands I mention above - use the difference for something else!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Fashionista97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is EXPENSIVE, and I really had to think about it before splurging on it... but trust me, it's the best concealer I have ever used (for under eye circles at least). I use this as an all purpose concealer for both under eyes and any spots or discoloration I might have.

*Note: I have had Cystic and just the regular type of acne, I could feel confident that whenever a pimple pooped up no matter what kind I would feel confident that I had a product to concealer and I do, now!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been looking for a good concealer for my blemishes, or uneven skin tones and I have tried quite a few (Estée double wear, ysl, body shop, LM SC, etc) but they all slipped away by 2-4 hrs or goes on really cakey. I had hoped that I would not love the cdp cos it is CRAZZY EXPENSIVE! But I keep going back to the small sample of Beige that I have and eventually I cracked. I had to get the cdp because its lasting power is amazing! Does not work for undereyes (I use ysl for that), but love it for spot concealing. My color is ivory , the SA matched me to beige but it is ridiculously
Orange/darkish so I'm glad I took a chance with ivory. I warm it up with my finger before applying and a little goes a longgg way.. It is 5 for product, 5 for price and 5 for packaging! Lol. Guess we get what we pay for! I'm n-nc20, I say this is defi more neutral undertones than beige, which is more orange/pink/salmonish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by caitlinannexoxo

This concealer works great, but be sure to moisturize well in areas you'll be using it because it has a somewhat dry consistency. I chose the color 'Ocre' and it's a pretty good match for my NC40 skin. I bought this concealer about 2 years ago and still have tons left! (granted, I don't use it every single day). I won't be repurchasing though, just because it's $70 AND I'm always wanting to try new products. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ny1916

Love this concealer! Beautiful coverage, creamy consistency, good color match to my olive-y tan-ish skin. Splurged a few years ago, then trying to save money tried other brands, but alas, everything else paled in comparison. Finally bit the bullet and went back. They need a customer loyalty program as I'm there!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Believe the Hype - It's ALL True

Yes you can still cover spots and cirlces without it using something else and what you use may do a pretty good job, BUT if you can, try this. Like everyone else I've been hearing about this concelaer both wanting to believe there is a concealer that's as good as it's supposed to be, because maybe one day I'd get it and then also not believing it, because that's like believing that there is a mascara that's going to make your lashes look like they do in print ads or on TV (where they always have on false eyelashes hidden expertly with the right application of eyeliner, doubtful the strip kind very often, but you can bet on some individual ones.
So I've been holding out forever and finally went on Ebay and got it for $55. I got it yesterday tried out when I got home from work and loved it immediately, as much as I wanted to go and write a review right then and confirm, yes it is indeed as great as you've heard, I decided I'd better give it a full day's wear before posting so I wouldn't have to take it back.
{On an aside, I have to also say that this is combined with finding the best foundation I've ever used-Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream together with this concealer (only started using the BB cream within the last couple weeks.) I've never found a foundation that is so comfortable at the end of the day and looks as good at the end of it as it does at the beginning.}
This concealer does evertyhing I love about the Smashbox BB Cream as well in a concealer. To me it's more of a cream to powder type formula. It is as richly pigmented as people say and a little bit does go a long way. Sometimes you can put your concealer on and by the end of the day it has slid off and you don't look morning fresh anymore, I've got a trick I do that helps with that, I use a lip brush and brush it on some dual finish powder foundation and tap it on top of any blemishes over the concealer to seal it and it does last very well. Even so at the end of the day, while better with this trick, it's still not as good as it is first thing in the morning when my makeup is first done. Today I came home after working all day, running some errands, meeting a friend and taking our dinner to a park to eat outside. I got home a little after 8 pm and it looked as good as it did when I put it on this morning. I think that's all you can ask from a concealer. Will I buy it again? Definitely.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by retrolady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have been using it for 5 years,i actually do not use concealer all the time,unless i want a perfect look for special ocassion.im 24, been trying different foundation and concealer,different price ranges,including mineral foundation,i still believe this one is the 'must have' item in my emergency list.Mostly i just want a concealer to cover my acnescar (the red marks) this works so well,especially the color ocher match my skintone.With a heavier applied,then have the foundation put on,it's just perfect.

since i read the good reviews on the internet so i gave it a try,i wanted a good concealer that does not clog pore or break me out when i was 18,it turns it's more than what i want.

i think the quality deserve the price,at least it takes me years to use one little stick.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by MotherPanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm Chinese from Hong Kong, medium skin color with yellow under tone. I got quite serious dark circle around my eyes. I tried so many brands of concealers. I concern the texture and the shade of the concealers. I have read so many articles about Cle de Peau concealer and sounds it's really good. In fact, I got one with Ocher. For the texture, it's really good. It still smooth after setting with loose powder. But it's not my shade. It's too yellow and made my under eyes became grey so that I put it aside for while. Until a make-up artist recommended me to mix ocher and beige, I got another one in beige color.

Mixing beige to ocher to tone the shade into little peach/peach pink. But, you need to take a right proportion to mix a right shade to hide your dark circle (you need to try it for few times). I also found that, mix a little of YSL Touche Eclat #3 with beige you can get quite nice shade to hide the dark circle. In opposition to mix YSL Touche Eclat #pink (forget the no.) with ocher to get the other peachy pink color.

I can say that, I still cannot find a right shade of concealer (without mix 2 colors/brands of concealer) but Cle de Peau is the best texture of concealer I ever tried. Hope that CdP can produce some more shades to satisfy all the users.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No