September 17, 2014 | 1931 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Apricot Powder Blush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When the salesgirl brought out this blush to try on me, I thought she'd lost her marbles. I am very fair, very warm skinned. This blush in the case is HOT PINK, and I thought I was going to look like a crazy retired hooker from Miami Beach.

However, when she put it on me, I couldn't believe how natural it looked. Sold!

It does take a while to learn to work with this color. Applied too heavily, you'll look like a circus escapee or rosacea victim. Applied with a light touch and good blending, this gives an incredibly natural flush to the cheeks. What's amazing is that it's EXACTLY the color I have naturally after, say, a good workout. It makes me look glowy, rosy and younger than my prior Bobbi Brown color, Blushed.

Note: I guess the new square BB cases look pretty chic, but I preferred the round screw-top ones they used to have. Totally secure and you knew they'd never break. This case feels flimsier to me.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Gemma_Louise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My search for the perfect blush ended the day I discovered this. It's a bright, matte pink/peach shade, but I would say more pink. It really brightens the face and looks great no matter what colour I'm wearing on my eyes/lips. Lasts all day. I imagine this would suit all skin tones. No shimmer, so it looks really natural, even though it's very pigmented (just apply with a light hand and build it up gradually). Good value for money, I've had mine for well over a year and there's still loads left. Love it and hope they never discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Chopnsauce

The MUA reviews saying this is the grown-up verison of Nars' Orgasm are spot on. (thanks ladies!! :) As much as I loved the color of Orgasm (so universally flattering!), I dont love the shimmer, which makes my skin seems oiler than it is by midday. In my quest for non-shimmery blush/brozner, I first tried BB's blush/bronzer combo in Medium/Peony - while I lvoed the matte of Peony, it seemed just too pink. Following the advice of my fellow MUAers, went back to score some Apricot today - PERFECT! Its Orgasm's color without the shimmer. Love love love. HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Nice texture (pretty blendable for being so pigmented.) Gave my natural color a pop. (I'm N15, leaning more toward NC.) This is a great choice for that "just came off the slopes" flushed look with no shimmer, without being too cool for me like some "off the slopes" or natural flush colors are. Bobbi calls it a "bright apricot," but I see it much more toward a very cool pink than apricot. It goes on much more sheer and less bright on the skin than it looks in the pan.

CONS: I like these, but do slightly prefer the texture of LORAC's blushes because I prefer something a little more buildable and even more blendable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

Love this blush. The shade looks vivid pink-peach in the pan but, when applied, it gives natural and pretty glow on my fair-medium NC 25 skin. I love how it lasts all day long, does not look powdery, and most importantly makes me look healthy. Amazing quality, too. If I have to choose only one blush to keep, it is highly likely that I'll keep this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite blushes! It is finely milled, buildable and very blendable, so you never get streaks across your face. It instantly makes a tired face glow! I have many other blushes but I will buy this over and over!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 5:31:00 AM More reviews by cmullah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am a MAC NC 35-37 and Bobbi brown Apricot blush looks awesome !. In the pan it looks pink and on skin its mostly pink with a slightest hint of coral. So its not bright neon pink or bubblegum pink but the sort of pink which has warm undertones. If u want a subtle chic look for office wear or daytime, swirl a light hand and it'll give u a subltle warm pinkish flush. At nights though u can layerit just a teeny bit more for more pop! For the price though the size of the compact is small...but hey if it makes u look gorgeous...then no complaints!. As far as i have seen it looks good on cool as well as warm toned gals.Definitely a keeper !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

While I was in my red thing haircolor I decided I needed some apricot blus to pick up my pale skin and make my face more .. errr, red hair appropriate. How dumb..lol.

I used this all summer and it looked great. This is a soft apricot/pink which looks scary in the pan but applies beautifully and is typical of BB quality -- sheer and natural when applied.

I am now a blonde again and this color keeps on ticking.. it looks great on my skin and is the blush I look for for a slight kick to the neutral eye and red lip (orange base lippie).

The other plus is that this blush comes in a great package which fits perfectly into the portable palettes. Will always repurchase.

LOve!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by missannster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this blush is amazing. i own 2 bobbi brown blushes, this and peony, which i got in a bronzer/blush duo and both are 2 of my favorites. apricot is a warm, vibrant, intense corally pink. it's very pigmented, so a slight swipe picks up a lot of product. what i love the most about this, is how natural they are. when blended out, i don't know how to describe it, but your skin shows through, making it look glowy without any shimmer. i love my mac mineralize blushes and tarte cheekstains, but these bobbi brown blushes always make me ignore my others.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous blush shade. Gives the skin a nice glow. No fadding, stays put and highly pigmented.