April 19, 2014 | 1715 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - lip maximizer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by unchainedheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Big fan of this lip plumper. I have rather plump lips to begin with and most similar products don't do anything other than dry my lips out, but this product is great. I can actually feel my lips plumping. I love the color and will wear it just for that fact alone (not too pink or too shimmery). It also doesn't dry my lips out. I often times use this over Dior's Addict Lip Glow color reviver balm, so I have the moisturizing effect along with the plumping and the two colors really complement each other. Dior's products are expensive but they last, I can go through 2 other tubes of gloss in the same time frame as this one tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Honestly, this is probably the only lip plumper that I've tried so far that actually works a bit. And trust me, I've tried alot like lip venom, fusion lip plumper, sally hansen XL plumper...etc. I like how it has a subtle to no smell since most plumpers have that strong cinnamon smell that i hate. Its not going to make your lips look like angelina jolie, but it gives your lips a slight swell that looks natural. The packaging is luxurious, as always for dior which makes it a nice treat also.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by BexiMac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite lip gloss/plumper EVER. It actually works. I love the soft pink colour its beautiful. It does tingle a little when you first apply it but the tingle doesnt last long. The minty smell it has i love as well. It is quite expensive but I think its worth it as its one of the best lip glosses I have ever bought and I will definately be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by milkstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is the only lip plumper I`ve tried that actually works. don`t ask me why but it does. it doesn`t even sting or burn. it just plumps up my lips like a miracle. I am very happy with this. it looks just like a normal gloss and I don`t find it very moisturizing either but I really don`t care since my lips are much fuller 15 minutes after I put this on and they stay this way for hours (I can put on something moisturizing on then (I love palmer`s swivel sticks for that)).
great stuff and I will def. repurchase again and again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by orgasmicorganic

I had a Dior makeover and this was the one major product that stood out and grabbed my attention. Such a neat idea (smooths lips, adds a pretty sheer gloss), and I really disliked the Reviver balm as it turned a bright shade of pink on me. Tried this, and it gives such a beautiful pout. Looks so smooth.

But the reality is, it doesn't make your pout smoother. My lips always somehow had a crack in it. Was never fully prepped for lipstick. Lips never felt moisturized when this wore off. I don't like minty products, and this smells minty.

I prefer the gloss of my Mac Plushglass in Fulfilled, or Dior's rose balm, or Smith's rose balm. But like this product, the last two have horrible ingredients starting their list.
So if you care about legit moisture (and your wallet), give this product a glance (nice packaging) and a pass.
Retails for $30+ at Sephora and Neimen Marcus. There are no discounts online for this item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you love pigmented lipsticks but hate their drying effects, this is for you. My lips are unevenly pigmented and my lippies need to be reasonably opaque to conceal the unevenness. But the thing with pigmented lipsticks is that they dry out my lips, and it doesn't help that I'm not much of a water drinker to combat the problem from within.

I had been using a lipbalm but lipbalms only helped so much. My lips would go back to being dry and/or painfully peely (?). Since I've used this product, however, I have not had to use my lipbalms at all, but my lips have stayed smooth and hydrated! I use this product as a nightly treatment and each day I wake up to nice smooth soft lips. Having used it for the recommended period of 15 days I can now go up to a week not using this at night and still my lips won't dry out.

I already have pillowy lips so I don't care for its plumping effect (which I doubt it has anyway, so if you are looking for a plumper I suggest you look elsewhere) BUT let me say it again: it's brilliant for repairing chapped lips. If you are fighting chapped lips for whatever reason, THIS IS FOR YOU.

This is also gorgeous as a colourless lipgloss over your lipstick (it's a pale pink, but goes on clear) that you can wear to work because it's not too shiny.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I love this lipgloss!! I bought one for my mum and she loves it too! I love the tingly sensation, I love how it is sooo long lasting. It may be marketed as a lip treatment but to me it's the perfect lipgloss to wear on it's own as well..
I now alternate this with my By Terry Rose De Baume at night before bed as well.. This is definitely going to be a staple in my makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by clearady

I really like Dior for the fact that their makeup is big on natural beauty and the perfection to that end. A very clean, polished type of look is what they focus on achieving.
This lipgloss is no exception. It does plump, but not amazingly so, and there are better lipglosses for a sexy pout (buxom babes, lipfusion, sexy motherpucker).
However, don't let that distract you from discovering that this gloss is amazing.
When I first tried it at Sephora, I had a million and one things on my lips, so all I noticed of it was that it made my lips smoother.
Now that I've tried it again with a clean slate, I must say, this is very comparable to Avon's 2 in 1 Clinical lip system (discontinued) which I adored completely only this has a definite gloss to it and more plump. Lips feel very soft and smooth when this has worn away (which takes a while). I'm extremely pleased. Ready for kisses!
I'm a sucker for quality, no matter the price tag, and this is a medium priced lip plumper/gloss (comparatively to all the other qualified ones) with stellar results, easily bought at your local Sephora/Nordstrom for $30. Packaging is contemporary and classy. Everything about it, from the brand, to the quality, to the feel, and the look is deserving of five stars.
Definitely intending on buying asap. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by bobowitz89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazing. My lips are today with regular use of this BIGGER! Im not kidding. I use to have really thin lips but no I have very nice lips indeed. Now people can actually see them! HAH.. The smell of it is great and its a bit tingling sensation when you put it on. But thats ok because this producs is brilliant. Im so gonna buy this again. This is the first lip gloss I finish! I usually throw them away but this one is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by cecelia01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was not expecting to love this product so much, I only bought it, because they had a premotion... buy the lip maximizer and get a free Dior makeup case...I really wanted the case, so I bought the lip maximizer, thinking it would probably never get used...This stuff is Amazing, it is by far the best lip gloss I have ever used...it is moisturizing...it smells fantastic, it is not sticky, and it stays on longer than any other "non sticky" lip gloss that I own...and as for the plumping effect, that does work, it is not a crazy plumping effect, but you will notice that your lips look fuller...especially if you put it on before you go to bed, when you wake up in the morning, your lips will look amazing!
Also, the tingly effect that it has, is really nice, and not so tingly that it is almost burning, like some lip plumping glosses...Overall, I LOVE this product, it is a little expensive, but IMO, it is worth it.