November 27, 2014 | 964 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - lip maximizer

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by AvantGarde92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first tried this at Sephora, I completely fell in love. I thought that upon application it instantly made my lips come alive and made me look/feel pretty. However, I got one in Apricot color (limited edition, now not in stock). The original pink color was too sheer on my lips, it didn't give me any color. After I bought it, it just wasn't that great.

The lasting power is pretty dismal. Probably will last you an hour, unless you don't drink water or eat than maybe three hours. I like the texture of Dior lip glosses a lot better than those of other brands because the product doesn't seem to be just sitting on my lips uncomfortably. This one has a little bit stickier texture than other Dior glosses. The lip maximizer has a tingly effect on your lips, I didn't like it or hate it. I didn't really see any plumping effect but it didn't dry my lips either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is only the second day I used it. There's not much color and this can last fairly well. It is intended to be an overnight treatment (expensive overnight treatment if u ask me lol). And this gloss does last most of the night... I applied around 1030 and woke up around 4am and it was still on. Though I did use some la mer lip balm underneath. This gloss alone makes my lips look frosty as heck, but I bought it to go along with color revival lip balm. The two work well together. I'm just afraid this gloss won't last much longer than the lip glow. Sigh. Oh well. I guess I finally converted to Dior. Plus you can get the Dior diva VIP gifts once you get enough points. Will I repurchase? Yes indeed. I don't think I have to keep looking high and low for the perfect mlbb look anymore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

No i wouldnt buy this again, only because I cant see myself needing another one :) I love this, it serves me as just a slightly plumpin lipgloss though. Its not overly plumping, I think you need to use it more than once in a while to see any real plumping!
But as always with Dior glosses, love them :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A luxury to have. Very expensive though :( It does an above average job on plumping lips. Smells minty and slightly tingling. Adds a nice shine to your lips and it moisturizes well. I use it on top of lip stick or under lip gloss with color. Helps the color stay longer. I introduced this lip maximizer to friends and family and they all love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only give this product a 2 because it doesn't do what it's meant to do - plump lips!
As a gloss it's just okay, not too slippery, not too sticky and too shiny.. But, the other glosses from Dior do better to use as a lip gloss! So I won't be repurchasing this as a plumper nor a gloss because I've tried better products for both.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Marg_Raven

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just had a makeup application at the Dior counter (the best ever) and am currently buying up everything they used over time due to the cost. This product was one I had to have immediately. I had stopped using lip plumpers completely because they caused strange things to happen. This is just wonderful, slightly plumping, lightweight and beautiful. I don't want anything dramatic, this is perfect for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a lovely product but it's not worth the price since it doesn't really plump your lips. Mine are already quite full and I don't notice any change after applying this. I do love the smooth texture though. It has a really nice minty vanilla scent and it gives you a cooling feeling with a bit of tingle. The gloss appears colourless on your lips. The packaging is just gorgeous but the applicator could be better (it is an ordinary sponge). It doesn't last that long on your lips, perhaps two hours and the cooling effect is gone even before that. It doesn't get used up fast since the container is pretty big. I would repurchase this if I didn't know e.l.f. made a similar product that gives you the same ''effect'' (the plumping lip glaze) for 1/30 of the price of this maximizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by nelson2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

dont expect anything like maximizing ur lips. i bought it just because it lookes so pretty. and i think its just a nice gloss. too expencive thou.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all, love the packaging, as it is similar to Dior's other lipgloss packaging. This plumper is surprisingly moisturizing and long-lasting, I only had to reapply after eating/drinking. It doesn't have a color payoff, so it goes perfectly over my lipstick. It has a slight tingly feel, but nothing as bad as some others I've tried. Shiny and glossy, I think this is great. Slightly minty flavor.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by champagne007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always feel super confident and pampered using this lip plumper. I am a little addicted to it. I combine it with Vaseline Aloe Vera and a lipstick and I do find that it has a slight plumping effect. It's the only lip plumper I've used but I'm so happy with it that I wouldn't try anything else. It's a great beauty secret and it's one of those spoil yourself treats or as a special gift to a sister / cousin / gal pal you want to splurge on.