August 2, 2014 | 976 users online

Eye Primer - Bare Escentuals - bareVitamins Prime Time Eyelid Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by animecute

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome primer. It smoothes out my finelines and keeps me from getting oily. I also put it under my eyes before concealer. I use less product and it goes on so much better and smoother!
Best thing about it is it makes makeup easier to remove!

Cons:
-slight tugging if before eyeliner
-click pen (why not slanted tube?)
Edit: They have changed the packaging.

Get this if you tend to have oily lids.

Not sure if it does much for eyeshadow. It helps the colour. No post-fallout with this but my eyeshadow usually doesn't stick to initial application (due to my double/mono lids constantly closing) but I think it would help for others who can get it on.

The pros outweigh the cons, and it just helps with removal and application so I will buy again

Update: I took a star off because my skin type changed. If you have oily skin this would be great. Otherwise Nars makes a good eye primer for those with delicate skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 6:24:00 AM More reviews by runty

This is an amazing eye primer! I have very oily eyelids, and have been using a Mac Paint as an eyeshadow base for years. This did a reasonable job, but my eyeshadow would eventually crease after a few hours. Not with the Eyelid Primer! I put my makeup on at about 4pm, went to work, then a party and ended up taking my makeup off at about 1am. Still perfect! I found I needed to wash my eyelids a bit more than usual to get rid of it, but I'm sure with a proper eye makeup remover it would come off easily. Great product!

UPDATE: Since they changed the packaging to a squeezy tube, I feel like it doesn't work as well. My eye shadow tends to crease during the night.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by geniebelle6901

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this a couple of months ago as a gift with purchase. I hesitant to try it, because it looked like a thick foundation. But, I tried it anyway, and WOW! This stuff really works! It definitely keeps my eyeshadow from creasing. It is kind of expensive, but a little bit goes a long way. I will definitely buy this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by BarbaraGordon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff really works for me : ) The color is a beige color and it matches my eyelids almost perfectly. A little goes a long way. I use about two “clicks” per eye. I apply the product to my fingertips, then apply it to my lids. I let it sit for about five minutes before applying anything. I usually get about 8+hours of wear out of this, without any creasing or smudging. I have pretty oily lids AND I have hooded eyes. I’ve been using powder or pressed shadows with this. I haven’t tried it with cream shadows yet. When do I will update. The only annoying thing is that the tube pen thingy it comes in is opaque, so you have not idea how much product you have used and how much is left. It is USD $16 for 0.05 oz at Sephora.
INGREDIENTS:
Isododecane, Barium Sulfate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, Beeswax (Cera Alba), PEG-40 Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by PurpleMal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im new to BE and have also never used an eyelid primer before. I have a lot of issues with creasing, sometimes within just a couple hours of application so thats why I decided to try this product. I AM AMAZED! I never thought it would work so well. The same eye colors I had been using looked so much more vibrant and after 14 hours my shadow looked like I just applied it. I did however notice that after 2 hours of dance practice it did start to crease from sweating, but it didnt look too bad. The only thing that turns me off is the price for such a small amout. But reading some of the other reviews most people found that one tube lasted them several months.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by thyme2sow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. I have used it for years and always keep a spare on hand. I use it every day under my BareMinerals eyecolors to keep them from creasing and fading. I have very sensitive eyelids and this has never cause me any problems. I apply the product to my fingertip first and then apply to my eyelid. It is light in color and texture and leaves a slight matte finish. It cost about $16 but it is well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Dster0527

I've used several other eyeshadow primers in the past, and this one is by far the best. It is best applied by twisting the wand and putting a small amount on your finger to apply to your eyelids. Allow about a minute to dry before applying eyeshadow. My eyeshadows and eyeliners go on smoothly and do not move. If for some reason, I go to sleep withoug taking off my eye makeup, it's still in place in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by lulu3061

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This really doesn't seem to do anything for my shadows. I'm not crazy about the whole click-y pen thing, the end broke almost immediately. It takes forever for the product to come out of the end and by the time it's started to come out you end up with too much so it gets wasted. It's not terrible but it's not great either...not a repurchase for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer performs well. Shadows blended easily for me, eyeliner stayed put, no creasing. I have no complaints about the product itself. However, I HATE this applicator. I applied with my finger. I imagine applying with the felt tip would just waste product. The twist up pen already wastes plenty for you. It seems I have to twist a lot to get any out when I want to use it, but the following morning, the cap is full of product that oozed out later. If this product was packaged in a more efficient way I would repurchase it, but as of right now, I will not spend any more money on it. The performance of the product doesn't justify the amount of product that gets wasted by the goofy applicator.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by semisweet65

I hate the packaging of the product. After using; the product continues to ooze out and stick to the cap, thus wasting product. In addition its hard to get the cap off .I pulled so hard that the thing broke apart. I have to keep putting it back together again in order to get the primer to come out, its really annoying. The primer itself seems to work well my eye shadows never crease so it does it job well, however i will not be purchasing it again.