July 24, 2014 | 1484 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Handwritten

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This eyeshadow is flawless. Matte2s are incredible when it comes to blending ability and pigmentation. This is a lovely dark brown that I use every single day as liner. It goes on so smoothly and lasts all day. I love it in the crease for a smokey eye too (try it with Woodwinked, it's gorgeous). It's said that this is being or has been discontinued so get this amazing shadow while you can! A staple in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by coconut_ball

I love this eyeshadow. It is a matte dark brown with a warm tone to it. It looks beautiful on my NC 35-NC37 skin tone. It is easy to blend more than the regular matte eyeshadow from MAC. It is just beautiful and you can pair it with a light brown for a less dramatic look. You can also apply a lil bit and blend more to sheer it out. It also create great smoky eye when pair with darker color. Versatile color with great quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Handwritten is a beautiul, pigmented, blendable perfect brown shade. I love it for the crease when I do a dramatic warm eye. (not for an everyday natural look since it's a bit dark for that on me). The color is really done well - not too cool, not too warm! Hugely recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ohsoglam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to color for crease work. I can't be without my Handwritten. I will repurchase and repurchase. I also use this color for a quick, foolproof smokey eye. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by prettypoodle05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

nw 45 here! I just got this but so far I like! def looks natural and has a glow but as with mac foundations I get nervous because they break me out really badly! But im going to give it a chance or else its going right back!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by lolarious

THIS EYESHADOW!! OMG IT IS AMAZING

The pigmentation and texture of the Matte2 are exquisite and Handwritten is no exception. This is a beautiful warm brown that is smooth and glides on perfectly. It blends wonderfully and is perfect for any neutral look. I absolutely adore it and I will definitely be looking at a few other matte2 eyeshadows after this. A great must-have and far from a "basic flat brown"

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by mansuperthatoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this eyeshadow. It's beautiful for everyday in the outer v, yet versatile enough to be used for dramatic looks. Your everyday routine will not be complete without this..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by 64colors

If I could only have one eyeshadow, its this one. Oh Handwritten, how I adore thee, let me count the ways:

1) Great to smudge on as a liner when you're in a hurry and can't fiddle around with pencils or creams. Its so soft and blendable and melts right into the skin like your lashes are just really lush.

2) Plays well with others - neutrals, cools, warms, its all good! Even tones down colors or when used as a dark base.

3) Just a whiff in the crease adds instant definition!

4) I also put a bit in my eyebrows- perfectly blends in with my dark neutral brown hair/NC20 skin

5) I could even see using this for contouring, with the right brush and a precise hand. It sounds a lot crazier than you'd think.

Accept no subsitutes! Yeah, every line that ever existed has a dark matte brown, but its worth paying a little more than drugstore tier prices just for the rich, blendable, softness without any funky sheens or undertones. It glides on light-as-air and packes a strong punch - a strong blendable punch!- and doesn't leave you feeling like you've rubbed unsweetened chocolate powder on your lids :P

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by busybeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this in the outer v with Cork in the crease and Orb as a wash for work, but found a better combo of ATG, Mulch, and Brun. I feel like this shows up more red or purple toned on me than it's supposed to. Won't repurchase because I much prefer Mulch and Brun on my NC25 skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by annaharris_227

Wow...this one is REALLY pigmented! This my first dark brown MAC shadow, and it's a chocolate brown with just the slightest hint of red. Very universal, goes with just about anything in your eye shadow collection! But I will warn you: If you're using this as a crease color, in the outer v, or as a liner, a little goes a LONG way! All I have to do is lightly tap my crease brush on the shadow and it's all I need!