December 21, 2014 | 1220 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Refreshing Gel Cleanser

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2007 3:34:00 PM More reviews by freudian_slip

I have been on a quest to find cheaper alternatives for skin care, I have been using high end stuff since middle school. Now years later I have decided to start experimenting with drugstore cleansers. I bought the Neutrogena fresh foaming and I didn't like using it in the morning, so I decided to buy another one. This one caught my eye in the store, I love how it is a pretty blue gel! My skin is sensitive combo acne prone with dry cheeks and an oily tzone. This works beautifully on my skin, it doesnt dry me out, no break outs. Also it does what it claims to do, leaves skin smooth and radiant. If you are expecting lather or foam it does not deliver but regardless it does a good job.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by san_chan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product on and off for 6 years. I like to try different products but I always end up buying this. The smell is very fresh. It doesn't latter at all (probably because it is soap-free). The texture is like jelly. I have combination skin (acne-prone) and I noticed that very harsh products dry my skin and leaves it flaky.The best thing about this is that it cleanses without leaving your skin dry. That's why I always return to this... I am one of those people who are sometimes too lazy to apply moisturizer :D

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2007 8:44:00 AM More reviews by QueenQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gentle face wash. Doesn't dry my skin out. But I'm allergic to this. The fragrance could have been the culprit. Which is pretty sad because this cleanser was great as a morning face wash. Suitable for those with normal skin but I doubt it's sufficient for oily skin types because I have very dry skin and yet I did not feel it was very drying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This may be kind of premature, since I've only used it once and I bought it today. I was using Garnier Fresh Cleansing Gel and while I love the smell of it, the product is too drying and harsh on my skin. So I decided to try this cleanser instead.

It's a little bit expensive (~$8/200 mL), but you don't need a whole lot, so it's worth it. It's got a jelly/slimey texture to it, and doesn't foam, which was strange at first; it reminded me of using Spectro Jel. It rinses of quite easily, and left my skin feeling soft, smooth and NOT dried out! I was pretty amazed. The smell is your typical "Nivea" smell... but it doesn't stick around after you rinse it off so whatever.

I have yet to see how it affects my acne-prone/sensitive skin over the long run, so I'll update if anything changes! In the meantime, I would recommend this cleanser.

EDIT: April 2, 2008

This is a very basic, average cleanser... I don't particularly care for it, so I want to try other things.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by violoniste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser. I have congested (tiny blackheads and tiny skin-colored bumps), combination skin that gets dry really easily if I pile on the AHA/BHA or don't moisturize enough. This cleanser is indeed refreshing and doesn't strip too much moisture out of my skin. The only thing I like more than this is GM Collin Mild Cleansing Gel, which I find even less dehydrating, and better at getting eye makeup off. However, it is outrageously expensive! (I buy mine in the spa size off of eBay.) So for the money, I love this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 10:51:00 AM More reviews by fqari84

i hv oily/combi skin that's acne prone and has a tendency to get dehydrated (especially when i'm drinking too much coffee or over treating my skin..i'm a fan of AHA's and BHA's so that tends to strip off moisture)...this perks up my skin and feels super refreshing and hydrating...i don't use it everyday but i keep a small tube of it for those dehydrated days, or for weekends when i hate having anything thts harsh on my skin...but normally i need a more aggressive cleanser (like neutrogena's pore refining cleanser) to battle blackheads and shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 8:06:00 AM More reviews by mk80

Love this cleanser... Started using this during the harsh Canadian winter... Face felt clean and yet the skin (combo - dry) was not left feeling extremely dry unlike some other cleansers that I tried just for the winter... It foams up a bit after massaging it in the palms with the aid of water... However, the texture still remains a gel-foam mix and feels good on the skin... I hardly use any make-up for daily wear... So this is good basic cleanser... I use other things to remove make-up & I don't rely on just this then...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2007 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Hutchence

This is a great simple cleanser which I used all the time when I was younger and not as much of a skincare junkie. I continue to buy it when I'm feeling cheap (as an emergency face wash when my Dermalogica has run out in between pays!)

It doesn't foam as much as other gel cleansers as it is soap free. The Australian version doesn't have a noticeable fragrance. Although it's recommended for normal to combination skin both me (with slightly sensitive skin on the normal end of combo) and my fiance (with sensitive skin on the oily end of combo) have used it without breakouts or reactions. It's not great at removing eye make up but gets everything else off without stripping my skin, and doesn't leave a noticeable residue.

It's nothing fancy, but for less than ten bucks for 150mL what do you expect? A decent basic that I'll definitely keep repurchasing when my wallet is feeling the pinch!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by blalala

Does its job. No problems. Nothing fantastic, but I don't think there's a single cleanser I'd describe as "fantastic." Either a cleanser does its job with no problems or it doesn't. It doesn't have any irritating ingredients or anything that causes breakouts, so it's a good, practical choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by dee_es

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm kinda stuck on this one. I love the gel texture, and it doesn't foam too much that your skin feels really tight after. But I'm not entirely sure if my skin was even cleansed after I used it. I really wanted to like this product and this cleanser seemed to have good reviews. But I frankly am not sure this is my HG cleanser. I'm still trying to look for it, and would welcome any suggestions. I just want something that cleans well, has a gel/foam consistency and smells fresh and nice. This fulfils some of the criteria, but not all. It's just an okay cleanser.