December 19, 2014 | 1576 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

The exorbitant price put me off ever buying a full sized bottle of this stuff, but I did receive a 30mL sample to try. With Melbourne's harsh winter coming up, I've been definitely looking at upping my moisturizers. Although this seems like a pointless step in the standard skincare regime (like toner/lotion/softener) after using this essence for a few days, I noticed that my skin felt even softer and smoother than before! When I wake up in the morning, it is positively glowing!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by mcwaiyee

I've been using the FTE since I was 24. I first bought this product because I was breaking out on the right cheek all the time and the pimple comes one after another. Then, I was reading online and read that FTE does calm down pimples so I bought a 75ml bottle. And I never stopped using it.

How do I use it?
I am an Asian, with combination skin; oily around the T-zone area and I will never touch-up or re-apply my make up at work. I use the FTE twice a day, everytime after my bath. I use it after my toner (Clinique's Clarifying Lotion) and after then, moisturizer (H20 Face Oasis / Biotherm's Aquasource, depending). It is even light enough to use around my eye area.

What positive effects it has?
The FTE controls the oil production, due to the hydration characteristics and it always gives me a healthy glow. Because it controls my oil production, I will never touch up my make up and actually, I barely need any make up at all.
My pores seem to have reduced in size.
When I have pimples popping, I put a little more on the spot and allow it to airdry. It calms the pimple and a day or two, then it goes away.
Before using FTE, I also had blotchy skin with red patches on my cheeks, now I have even skin tone.
And remember my break outs prior to FTE? I used to have scars, and now I have no signs of any previous breakouts.

What negative effects it has?
The downsides of the FTE besides that it is extremely pricey (and the price never stops increasing from year to year), if you start using it and your skin loves it, you can never stop using it. I've tried to stop, I lost my glow and I looked 'gloomy'. My question is, are you willing to make this 'lifetime' investment?

I personally don't think I can ever stop using this product though I've been trying to cut down gradually to see if I can reduce usage. I have been trying to substitute with other serums which is equally as effective.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I did see an improvement in my skin upon using this but I'm not sure if it's a combination of using the SK-II face wash and some other treatments. Sinks in very nicely and doesn't have a strong scent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I’ve been curious about the hype behind the product for years, so when this became available at Sephora I decided to take the plunge. The Treatment Essence has the consistency of water and the instructions were a bit vague, which didn’t inspire a lot of confidence, but I’ve found that two drips of the Essence in the palm of my hand, then spread on my face, is plenty for my full face and neck. When I started using this I was pregnant, third trimester with my third child, and my skin (which pre-pregnancy was oily, sensitive, and break-out prone) had become occasionally flaky, my skin would be oily one week then dry the next, and increasingly sensitive and uneven. I had also noticed very fine wrinkles, which I was not happy about. Within one week, the Treatment Essence evened out my skin tone, flakiness was gone (and has not returned), the fine lines disappeared (yes, they were gone!), and the oiliness was curbed and the dryness ended. My skin was glowing and I was in shock! After my baby was born, I immediately had a breakout (hormones), but when it cleared up, my skin was glowing again. My son is now 18 months and I still love and use the Treatment Essence every day. I still get the occasional, hormonal breakout, but this keeps my skin overall calm, clear, and smooth. I’ve gotten compliments on my skin since using this product (even from my laser technician who gets up-close and personal with every square inch of my skin). I will continue to buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:05:00 AM More reviews by originalconfidence

I used half a bottle of this. I don't know about the whole two week transformation thing. My skin was really bad to begin with so i guess it did heal my skin. Maybe my skin is not used to high end brands

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I've had this since Christmas and have been using it regularly since. Initially, it made my skin glow. However, recently, it hasn't been doing much for my skin. It actually stung a bit when I used it last night. Ironically, when the heater was on full blast earlier this winter, it seemed to keep my skin supple and glowy, but now when it's warmer and we haven't turned on the heater it doesn't do much for my skin.

I use this at night after cleansing my skin and apply a night moisturizer on top. I liked the results a lot better when I paired this with SKII Essential Power Cream, but now that I've run out I realize that it was the cream that was doing all the heavy lifting and not this essence. I'm also using SKII's Essential Power serum, which I like much better. Disappointed in this treatment and wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by styra

I tried this after a friend tried it and her skin really glowed after. I tried it and after about one to two weeks and I did notice a difference in my skin. I noticed it was brighter and seemed smoother. It really was a like a miracle. But after about a month or so, I noticed small bumps like milia forming on the sides of my face. Perhaps the essence was too strong for my face?
I recommend that you scrub your face regularly while using this and cleanse thoroughly. I suspect it might be pore-clogging.
After finishing the first bottle, I rushed to get my second, seeing how my face had reacted quite well to the product. However, the second bottle didn't seem to give the same results. I continued using it nonetheless but still my skin remained as it was - no special glow etc. I concluded that the "miracle" the brand promised came only in the first bottle. Continuous usage probably wouldn't yield the same initial fantastic results. Perhaps it could be a yearly treat. Have yet to buy it a third time. It is after all, really expensive!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by beckscxl

My first try of SK-II FTE was 6 years back when I was 18. Within less than a week, it broke me out disastrously. I had to resort to chemical peels to savage my skin.
Now, at 24 and with my pre-wedding shoot taking place late this year, I thought to myself that I needed ‘something good’ to prepare myself for the shoot. I also thought that my skin is ‘mature enough’ now to try FTE again. I WAS WRONG.
My skin is generally ok; nothing major other than dryness and pores issues. After I took the skin test, I was advised by the SA that skin texture (dryness) was my main issue. I bought the trial set (Clear Lotion and FTE) and was given samples of Cleansing Oil, Gentle Cleanser, Cellumination Aura Essence, Stempower Essence and Cellumination Essence EX.
I was advised the following steps: Clear Lotion -> Cellumination Aura Essence -> FTE -> Stempower Essence -> Cellumination Essence EX. Each time upon application, my face stung. Shortly after, my cheeks and my upper lips area starting turning red. Slight itchiness followed after. On the second day, small bumps (like oil bumps) started popping out at my forehead, cheeks and upper lips area. When I called the SA about it, she merely told me it was due to ‘transition period’. I was skeptical and stopped using it after 3 days.
Now, after stopping for 3 days, my skin is drier than before and it flakes slightly. The breakout cleared up and my face don’t sting anymore. Thankfully, I only bought the trial set and the breakout was not as severe as previous time. Very disappointing outcome even when the SA ensured that ‘everything is fine’.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by amalinaramli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this product since the past few months (together with the clear lotion) but I still don't see any visible improvement on my skin. Not sure whether to continue using or just stop.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by flowerpots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive/acne prone skin and seeing as I'm nearing 30 I thought I'd upgrade my anti aging products. I foolishly bought the biggest size of Facial Treatment Essence because the medium and large sizes were the same price. I put it on as I was driving home and the texture felt beautiful.However after a few days I noticed my skin breaking out with tiny papules in places it doesn't usually, mostly my forehead. I continued to use the Essence twice daily for a month and a half hoping my skin would calm down. It didn't. It took maybe two months after I stopped using this product for my acne to go away. Such a disappointment, I was so excited to finally try it :(