April 16, 2014 | 1834 users online

Liquid - Paula's Choice - All Bases Covered Foundation SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2007 8:49:00 AM More reviews by sunshine6

I love this foundation, the coverage is perfect for me and leaves a dewy soft finish. I don't find it to be masky although it comes out thick.
I purchased the color "nude" and found it to be perfect. One thing I really like is that over the course of the day it doesn't settle into fine lines, it keeps the skin looking very radiant.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

Edited review: This foundation is thick in texture and goes on feeling a little greasy. The coverage is on the sheer side. For a flawless look I’d still want concealer since it doesn't cover that much. I do like the SPF15 but in order to get it, you have to apply generously, and since this is a foundation I think I would end up looking a little too made up. The colours run very light: "Sand" in this is too light for me, lighter even (and a touch less yellow) than Laura Mercier Oil-Free in “Warm Ivory”. I wish the colours were more consistent across the range of foundations. No smell, which is a plus. Packaging is handy yet hardly glamorous. I will try a darker shade, but I suspect that the Best Face Forward will suit my combination skin better than this - this stuff feels like it may clog my pores in the long run. I won't buy this since I much prefer the Sheer Tint (which I CAN apply liberally without looking made up).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2006 8:40:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

I have repurchased this product three times. It gives a sheer, dewy finish to normal-to-dry skin, has no fragrance, and has a good SPF. The finish requires that you use a concealer if you have anything major to hide. My only complaint is the cheesy white plastic squeeze bottle. It is nice that in stands on the cap so that the product falls to the tube opening easily, but that also means than the neck of the tube gets gooey with product. I also use Paula's powder, when I go to work or to a special event, and this gives another layer of coverage and a more matte finish -- also lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2006 12:09:00 PM More reviews by booda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

FINALLY a foundation that works for me.

My HG (believe it or not - Maybelline Smooth Result) had been DC'd last year.

I've been searching high & low, have spent a lot of money, esp. at Clinique. Nothing has worked for me.

This is kind of thick, but yet not "masky" and a little goes a very long way.

Doesn't settle into fine line, or pores.

UPDATE: I bought a full size of this, and it doesn't seem the same as the sample. It now seems to be a bit drying on me. I will keep & use for summer though.

The price is right too.

It was nice to order a few sample packets to try it.

Me: 40 y.o, fine lines, very sensitive, flaky, tight, yet oily skin with redness on nose & chin.

Can you say - AWFUL skin? So this was quite a find for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2006 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Neiddi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is thick and hard to spread. I only use foundation where i need to cover up some redness, but if my skin happens to be dry at all this foundation accentuates every flake i have. However, I'm giving it 3 lippies because when used sparingly it works well as an undereye concealer with a nice titanium dioxide based spf. This is what i'm using it for now, but i won't repurchase when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2006 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Eing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this in Light Cream, which was a perfect match for my skin. Because of its moisturizing base, the foundation blends beautifully. The smell is a bit odd for those used to fragranced products; neither good nor bad, it is similar to L'Oreal Paris' True Match Superblendable Makeup and becomes undetectable almost immediately after application. This foundation also has an excellent titanium dioxide sunscreen. Although the product claims to have medium coverage, I would say that the coverage starts out somewhere between light and medium and must be layered to truly achieve medium coverage. Also, I would prefer it if this product would come in a pump because the twist-cap, plastic squeeze tube application must be monitored to avoid a mess. Those that break out should not use this because it is too creamy for that skin type and contains titanium dioxide.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2006 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Marciaferrell

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in the Wheat and Sand Colors. I prefer the wheat. It has great coverage. I also use Lancome Teint Idole and I feel this foundation compares to that. But this one also has a spf included. Great Stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2006 3:29:00 PM More reviews by malco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I did not like this foundation. It was very masky, white and thick. I don't think my skin likes to much sunscreen in a foundation. I would not ever think of buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2006 1:36:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the better medium coverage foundations I've tried. I have to be careful not to apply very much of this or I feel like I'm wearing a mask, which is the case for me with all foundations except for sheer TMs (which I prefer). It is rather thick looking right out of the tube, but it blends easily with a makeup sponge. It would be the perfect color for me if they made a shade between 'Sand' and 'Wheat", but either of these colors still look good on their own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2006 9:41:00 PM More reviews by DebbieB43

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start out by saying I have tried them ALL..foundations that is!!
Chanel, Lancome, Prescriptives, CD, BB, MAC, Stila, Clarins, EL, Clinique.
None looks any beter than PC...in Sand. The coverage is light, but covers, is a flattering neutral shade, no pinks or yellow undertones in it, and it has an SPF.
I'll continue to use this until I find a better one!!!