Paula's Choice All Bases Covered Foundation SPF 25

3.7

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (Light Cream: 12.67%; Nude: 12.4%; Sand: 12.18%; Wheat: 11.83%; Fawn: 11.14%). Other Ingredients: Water, Isohexadecane (thickener/texture enhancer), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient), Silica (absorbent silicone), Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate (skin conditioning agent), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol (silicone emollient), Hexyl Laurate (emulsifier), Tocopheryl Acetate (antioxidant), Polysorbate 80 (thickener), Polyethylene (film-former/slip agent), Alumina (opacifying agent), Magnesium Sulfate (thickener), Aluminum Stearate (thickeners), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Polyhydroxystearic Acid (thickener), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben (all preservatives). May Contain: Iron Oxides (mineral pigments).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I said that I would buy this product again, but I'm not sure. I might find something I like better. My HG foundation still eludes me (but maybe I'm asking too much?)...

PROS: feels very nice on the skin, very natural coverage, doesn't sink into fine lines or make dry patches more obvious, SPF 15.

CONS: slight sunscreen sheen, not much color range, goes on very thick and white due to the titanium oxide, poor staying power.

I haven't tried it with powder yet (I stay away from powder mostly, due to my extremely dry skin) and that would probably help it stay better. I will say that this is the most natural-looking foundation I have ever tried. I doubt I will ever find my HG, which would include the qualities of considerable moisturization, natural but flawless coverage, and excellent staying power. For now this will do, but the quest continues...

on 7/20/2007 8:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Coverage is light even with layering, and I think I'm allergic to it too. But it's not bad because it does provide a bit more coverage than other Paula's Choice foundations yet still disappear into your skin.

on 7/18/2007 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What struck me the most about this foundation is how heavy it is while providing so little coverage. It's thick and almost stifling on, yet I never needed to use so much concealor. The colors are good, but the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. Also, I think for what she charges for shipping, Paula's products take far too long to arrive. I suspect she's making up for her competitive pricing and her return policy by padding her shipping and handling charges.

on 6/5/2007 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this foundation. I have very dry skin and want medium to full coverage. This product is buildable so use as much or as little as you want. Get samples on her website to try first. I got wheat and sand and have gone with wheat all over and a little sand color under the eyes. My fine limes have disappeared with Paula's products!

on 6/3/2007 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wish I have something nice to say about all Paul's foundation. Why? The color is pasty, rather chalky & un-natural looking, not that it looks pink or peachy, but just don't look natural overall. The only time I will wear her foundation is in a candle-lit setting. The texture is pasty, like a sunscreen. yuccck!

on 1/11/2007 8:49:00 AM

I love this foundation, the coverage is perfect for me and leaves a dewy soft finish. I don't find it to be masky although it comes out thick.
I purchased the color "nude" and found it to be perfect. One thing I really like is that over the course of the day it doesn't settle into fine lines, it keeps the skin looking very radiant.

on 12/30/2006 2:36:00 PM

Edited review: This foundation is thick in texture and goes on feeling a little greasy. The coverage is on the sheer side. For a flawless look I’d still want concealer since it doesn't cover that much. I do like the SPF15 but in order to get it, you have to apply generously, and since this is a foundation I think I would end up looking a little too made up. The colours run very light: "Sand" in this is too light for me, lighter even (and a touch less yellow) than Laura Mercier Oil-Free in “Warm Ivory”. I wish the colours were more consistent across the range of foundations. No smell, which is a plus. Packaging is handy yet hardly glamorous. I will try a darker shade, but I suspect that the Best Face Forward will suit my combination skin better than this - this stuff feels like it may clog my pores in the long run. I won't buy this since I much prefer the Sheer Tint (which I CAN apply liberally without looking made up).

on 12/27/2006 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have repurchased this product three times. It gives a sheer, dewy finish to normal-to-dry skin, has no fragrance, and has a good SPF. The finish requires that you use a concealer if you have anything major to hide. My only complaint is the cheesy white plastic squeeze bottle. It is nice that in stands on the cap so that the product falls to the tube opening easily, but that also means than the neck of the tube gets gooey with product. I also use Paula's powder, when I go to work or to a special event, and this gives another layer of coverage and a more matte finish -- also lovely.

on 12/1/2006 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

FINALLY a foundation that works for me.

My HG (believe it or not - Maybelline Smooth Result) had been DC'd last year.

I've been searching high & low, have spent a lot of money, esp. at Clinique. Nothing has worked for me.

This is kind of thick, but yet not "masky" and a little goes a very long way.

Doesn't settle into fine line, or pores.

UPDATE: I bought a full size of this, and it doesn't seem the same as the sample. It now seems to be a bit drying on me. I will keep & use for summer though.

The price is right too.

It was nice to order a few sample packets to try it.

Me: 40 y.o, fine lines, very sensitive, flaky, tight, yet oily skin with redness on nose & chin.

Can you say - AWFUL skin? So this was quite a find for me.

on 11/5/2006 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is thick and hard to spread. I only use foundation where i need to cover up some redness, but if my skin happens to be dry at all this foundation accentuates every flake i have. However, I'm giving it 3 lippies because when used sparingly it works well as an undereye concealer with a nice titanium dioxide based spf. This is what i'm using it for now, but i won't repurchase when i run out.