E.L.F. Concealer Brush

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/8/2012 5:24:00 PM

I bought this brush to apply some white cream makeup around my eyes and on my lips for my "ganguro" look this Halloween. It did the job ok, but the brush is so small and the bristles are really stiff so it was a bit rough on my eye area. I've tried using it as a concealer brush for hard-to-reach and small breakout areas but I just don't like how it always feels like I'm just poking my face. If I use it too lightly, the product just stays on the brush and I get none on my skin. Like others, I tried this as a lip brush. Since it's so small and my lips are pretty full, I really only use it for lining them. I've also heard of people using it as an eyeliner brush and I might try using it for that. As a concealer brush, I wouldn't recommend it. But for only $1, I'm sure anyone could find some use for it.

on 11/21/2012 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

very good to specifically target small breakouts and hard-to-reach places :)

on 11/9/2012 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This brush is way to small to be a proper concealer brush, but for the price of $1 I can't complain.
I think that I will try using it for nail polish correction.

on 11/5/2012 7:51:00 PM

There is absolutely nothing big and fluffy about this brush...wtf its the first brush ive ever purchased that hurts! Yes ladies this brush causes pain. Ive tried it as a concealer brush, a lip brush and eyeliner smudger brush but on the eyes and face it hurts too bad. On the lips its bearable.

on 10/14/2012 4:42:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by this brush. When I first got it out of the packaging, I immediately thought it was way too big and fluffy. However, after trying it I was impressed by the results. Though it's bigger than what I'd choose, it is dense to buff the product well. It still fits well around the eye area, and it distributed and blended my concealer as I wished. Very happy with this product, and I would certainly recommend it.

on 10/10/2012 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like others said, did not care to use this for concealing. I eventually repurposed this to use as a paint brush when I mixed vinyl glue and Zoya Dovima matte nail polish together as a glue repair kit for my BMW's vinyl seats. :D :D :D

on 9/14/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like using this product as a lip brush. Even though it's designed as a concealer brush, I actually prefer it to some other lip brushes because it's smaller than a lot of them. I find that the small, firm bristles are excellent at getting in the little crevices in my lips and at the corner of my mouth, ensuring a really clean, crisp application. It allows me to really work my lipstick into my lips, which greatly lengthens its staying power. I took off one star because the bristles are pretty firm and I don't care if I'm using this on my lips, undereyes, or cheeks-- I don't want to use a product that feels rough on my skin. But only once in awhile do I wear bold lipstick that necessitates a lip brush, so it doesn't bother me too much. If it was softer, it would be perfect!

on 8/27/2012 9:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm pleasantly surprised with this brush. For only a dollar, this gets the job done...and does it well. I can easily control the amount of concealer I'm putting onto my face with this brush. The brush is shaped perfectly, allowing me to get into the difficult areas of my face (the side of my nose, near lips, etc). It's so simple to pinpoint exactly wear I want the product to go. The product wand often delivers too much product (a little goes a looooong way) and my fingers are too big for some tiny areas, so this brush is perfect. I don't see what's not to love, but if for some reason you don't like it, it's only a dollar.

on 8/17/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think I use this little brush for everything BUT concealer! So far, I've used it for...
-applying lipstick
-smudging out my eyeliner
-applying eyeliner (gel/cream...)
-seperating my lashes (weird, but it works)
-applying shadow on my inner corner/browbone
-filling in my brows
-highlighting my cupid's bow
This brush was only one dollar, so I'm definitely a huge fan. It's great for everything, and such a staple in my brush collection. I think that, for the quality and the price, everyone should pick one up. However, it's actually not that great at doing what it's designed to do...which is apply concealer. I'm not taking off lippies though, the list above proves that this brush does tons.

on 8/5/2012 8:18:00 PM