December 21, 2014 | 1896 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Concealer Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like using this product as a lip brush. Even though it's designed as a concealer brush, I actually prefer it to some other lip brushes because it's smaller than a lot of them. I find that the small, firm bristles are excellent at getting in the little crevices in my lips and at the corner of my mouth, ensuring a really clean, crisp application. It allows me to really work my lipstick into my lips, which greatly lengthens its staying power. I took off one star because the bristles are pretty firm and I don't care if I'm using this on my lips, undereyes, or cheeks-- I don't want to use a product that feels rough on my skin. But only once in awhile do I wear bold lipstick that necessitates a lip brush, so it doesn't bother me too much. If it was softer, it would be perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pleasantly surprised with this brush. For only a dollar, this gets the job done...and does it well. I can easily control the amount of concealer I'm putting onto my face with this brush. The brush is shaped perfectly, allowing me to get into the difficult areas of my face (the side of my nose, near lips, etc). It's so simple to pinpoint exactly wear I want the product to go. The product wand often delivers too much product (a little goes a looooong way) and my fingers are too big for some tiny areas, so this brush is perfect. I don't see what's not to love, but if for some reason you don't like it, it's only a dollar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I think I use this little brush for everything BUT concealer! So far, I've used it for...
-applying lipstick
-smudging out my eyeliner
-applying eyeliner (gel/cream...)
-seperating my lashes (weird, but it works)
-applying shadow on my inner corner/browbone
-filling in my brows
-highlighting my cupid's bow
This brush was only one dollar, so I'm definitely a huge fan. It's great for everything, and such a staple in my brush collection. I think that, for the quality and the price, everyone should pick one up. However, it's actually not that great at doing what it's designed to do...which is apply concealer. I'm not taking off lippies though, the list above proves that this brush does tons.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

It's perfect. The end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

i actually use this as a lip brush. for 1$ you cant beat that price. it fits nicely into my makeup bag and looks nice along side my other high end brushes. easy to clean and dries fast as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't use this brush for concealer but where I feel it excels is for a smudger with eyeliner (both mineral eyeliner and pencil). Going lightly, it will make the pencil line look less "pencil-y" and you can smudge it out just slightly or a lot, what ever you choose. It works so much better than using a Q-Tip or my finger or even one of those foam sponge smudgers. It does a perfect job every time. Every time!! I love love love this little brush.

It also doubles as a great eyeliner brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this brush!!

Although other reviewers have stated this brush fails as a concealer brush due to its small size, I have to disagree - unless you're trying to apply concealer to a very large area, such as a port wine stain.

One of the issues with concealers is that many people use far too much product, which can result in the concealer looking "cakey."

In addition, if too much product is applied (or it's applied with too large a brush), then concealer may end up outside of the area needing concealment, thereby negating the positive effects of the concealer.

Concealer is usually lighter than foundation, and optically brings the area being concealed forward (in the case of hollows or some types of acne scars. Dark makes things recede optically). Let's say you have bags under your eyes and hollows below the bags. If you apply concealer to the hollows with a brush that's too large and get concealer on the bags, it will emphasize the bags.

When applied properly (OVER foundation, and only on the area to be concealed), this brush performs very well. Its small size prevents you from loading on too much product and then being forced to blend it beyond the area needing to be concealed.

I have very deep hollows under both eyes, and they're dark. When I use this brush, I am able to apply and blend the concealer *only* in the hollows.

It also works well to apply concealer to blemishes, the inner and outer eye corners, and in the fold of the nostrils.

I agree the brush also has other uses....it's great as a lipstick brush, too!

So, for a dollar you can get a great little multi-tasking brush of very good quality. Buy two!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i knew about the negative reviews here and wanted to see it myself. its only 1eur! so i bought one, and i confirm that its absolutely useless for concealor. i dont need reaching it for the eyes neither because the bristles are so stiff. it might work for cream eyeliner but i dont use one. whether i have to buy one or this brush will be totally worthless. edit: i use it now as a lipstick brush like many other people and the stiff bristles are perfect for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't use the concealer brush for concealer. I only concealer for under eyes where the only place it might be useful would be the tear duct area. But for eye liner or eyebrows, it is fantastic. The brush is tough enough to hold powder and I've been using it for these purposes. As another reviewer said, ELF is a hit or miss for me. Some of the brushes are good; others not, and same with the makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by kbraybrook

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am waiting for a refund as the bristles came out as soon as I used it, and I'm not talking one or two bristles..I mean huge clumps of them!!! Would not recommend to anyone.