Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/4/2011 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my second UD palette and all I have to say is WOW! These deluxe shadows are a dream! So velvety, so soft, so smooth! The standouts IMO are Honey, Fishnet and Peace. Honey is number one because its gold but not a tacky gold, its so flattering and lovely swept across the eyelid, I feel so chic when I'm wearing it. The only shadow I haven't really used is Graffiti, not that its a bad color, I just haven't worn it in entirety. I LOVE this palette too much. All the colors are winners for me, which is a hard find in an eye palette.

on 3/22/2011 12:47:00 AM

I use this palette everyday and I love it!! I actually use the neutrals everyday for my work, because in my work environment, the other colors would be a bit too "shocking" and non-compliant with the dress code. But they're super fun when it comes to going out on the weekends/after work ;] Either way, all I can say about this palette is that I love it and since I use it everyday I'd recommend it to anybody looking for a mix of fun shades and useful/neutral shades for everyday wear. Perfect weekend and weekday palette with a beautiful mix of shades that really compliment each other and leave you with limitless possibilities. They aren't prone to fallout (which I find some other UD shades are), and they're shimmery and draw attention to your eyes in a way that makes them stand out (in a good way). I use the neutrals for work everyday, and I get a lot of compliments on my eyes/eyeshadow. My all-time favorite palette by them!

on 3/18/2011 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Gorgeous, pigmented colors. I love the colors they put into this palette. It's like my go-to palette when I want color.

This was actually one of my first palettes that I bought from Urban Decay.. I still have it and it's still got lots of life to it still.
It was a great investment! If you're thinking about it, go get it tiger!

I love the packaging as well. The purple, the silver....ahh I love it!

on 2/22/2011 7:19:00 AM

Fishnet is one of my favorite UD shades. I also use Ransom a lot from this palette. Unfortunately, those 2 shades are about all I use from this palette. In a way I find that a pity but I can't seem to get enough interest to use the other colors, especially the neutrals. They're just too... neutral.

Honestly, this is the first Urban Decay product that I haven't been disappointed with and will buy again. And I have to agree with the reviwer below, Scratch is an HG color for me. The golden peach-pink colour really bring out my eyes (bllue & green with a hazel ring) and it's pigmented perfectly! I use all the colors which is very rare when I buy a palette so I would glad pay the $38 price tag.

In the 90's when I was a teen, as much I loved the look and packaging of UD, I could never use their eyeshadows because of the over-the-top shimmer and glitter that irratated my eyes. My shadow box was a gift, and I was beyond suprised by the smooth, creamy, blendable, non-glitter bomb eyeshadows!!!

The pacaking is ok, my box has held together well (had it for nearly a year now) but I don't like that the purple felt or velvet or whatver it is seems to collect every little piece of dust or fuzz. I deducted one lippie for the Honey shade, sorry but it is way to 70's disco gold on my NC20 skin and I have to use it very, very sparingly and blended with another shade. Would be a very good pigmented option for women of color though.

Looking at the website, I see they have a line of deluxe shadows that contians a few other colors not in the box so I will definitely try those. And they have mattes?!*swoon* WAY TO GO UD!

on 1/19/2011 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first Urban Decay's cosmetic, and now HG item for me.
Alll the colors come out so clear on the skin, stay vivid till night. I like all of them but Scratch is absolutely No.1! It is so natural and useful pink beige color that I bought the single version of this again. Fishnet, kind of unique purple color, is also my favorite. I sometimes use this one as cheek color as well as eyeshadow. This can be pretty pinkish purple blusher. Please try it on :)
It's really pity that Urban Decay has left from Japan.... Oh no.... Come back please!!

on 1/8/2011 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Gorgeous colors, on the pan they look unwearable but give them a go and you'll be surprised :)

on 1/3/2011 12:13:00 PM

I love this shadow palette, I thought that it would be a good post holiday present for myself :) I have played with a majority of them and I am impressed. Definitely would buy again. The packaging was a bit too bulky but otherwise excellent purchase. Shadows themselves blended beautifully and are excellent true colors. Definitely a good first UD purchase for me!

on 1/1/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was my first UD product, and, hence began my love affair. I've had it for years now and I still love it. Has both some vibrant colors and neutrals. My favorites are Peace, Fishnet, and Ransom. These shadows are super smooth and look almost creamy on. Can be applied with a light hand for a wash of color, but when applied in standard fashion the payoff is incredible.

on 12/8/2010 12:22:00 AM

While i don't love this palette as a whole, i found my hg eyeshadows in this. Im not a huge fan of the neutral shades or the shade 'honey' but i love everything else & hit pan on many of them. UD eyeshadows are really smooth and pigmented, with minimal fallout, except for the glittery shades. There is no glitter in this palette, so i dont have to worry. I love the velvet packaging also. I probably wouldn't buy this palette again, but i will buy the full sizes of the shades i love.

Popular Palettes