November 24, 2014 | 844 users online

Powder - Sephora - Matifying Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I do like this.. I've been using it for about a week and half.
It looks great once its on, and the coverage is decent, not full or anything but still good. It says on very well and I don't find I need to touch it up during the day. I like that it is matifying and stays that way throughout the day.. I get a little shine but not oily looking so I enjoy that.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by gina123inmateo

Hmmm so i like this powder foundation but i feel like it dries out my skin and then my skin gets flaky >:( Otherwise it does a good job at keeping my skin shine free for alot longer than regular powder foundations.. so i guess i'll just use it on days when my skin feels very oily, not good for everyday use. and i like the coverage even though i have to apply alot of layers for it to cover up discolorations. i dont mind it though becaus eit doesnt make me look cakey.

Update: i have since repurchased and i like the coverage i like the finished look it doesnt look cakey but i noticed now that it doesnt keep my skin shine free for as long as id like. its still a good product though i like it. BUT i like Make Up for Ever Duo Mat above all.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by naijadiva92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So i went into sephora looking for baremineral foundation, but i couldnt find my shade. so the lady recommended sephora foundation and at first it lookied really good at the store, but then i saw that my face was flaky.
Usually i wait to try it over n over again, the times i tried got worse cuz i was flaking even more n then i realised the shade was too dark for me....i really wanted this to work....i guess am still looking for my HG powder foundation....am going to stick to creme and liquid for now....:-(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 6:25:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Applying was fast and easy with a flat top kabuki, but throughout the day it wore off in patches so bad that I was ashamed to be seen in public, I was at work and had to look at patients all day like that. I would give this no lippies if I could >:(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by geegee87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This used to be my favorite,until it started to make me look REALLY cakey and messy. I don't reccommend it for worm,summer days,in combination with oily skin,it really makes you look dirty. On the other side,it is great for cold days.In my case (very oily skin on cheeks) had to reapply it every 2-3 hours.Will give it another try in cold days,cuz it's not expensive and has a potencial.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by avghuman

I bought this product yesterday at Sephora since the makeup artist suggested it to me. It had the medium coverage I wanted and looked decent when applied (I also wasn't close enough to a mirror with realistic lighting to see how it really looked). This foundation sits in fine lines and wrinkles, looks caked when dry (not wet) (also using a great flat top foundation brush to buff into skin) and caused me to break out within 3 hours. It controlled shine but I KNEW the bismuth oxychloride and talc would cause my skin to break out!
Physicians Formula may be cheaper--- but it DEFINITELY doesn't break me out like other brands. Think I'll be going back to a Pressed Powder from them as I don't like Mineral Makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by KNGU

I started using this foundation six months ago. It really kept my skin oil/shine free and gave me a natural look; however my skin started becoming very dry but oily in some places (not due to the foundation) and the foundation started looking cakey especially around the nose area after five months. I started moisturizing and my skin is back to normal but it still looks cakey. I really did love this product but now I have to switch to another one because the cake-on look is so not appealing. Overall it's a great product that someone with oily skin should invest in. It's affordable and gives great coverage( covers very red acne!). My morning routine is YSL Mattifying Primer, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, Sephora Mattifying powder foundation, and the Sephora Setting Powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in D60 (warm toffee/toffee caramel) to replace my discontinued Mac Face and Body (C9). I went into Sephora since MAC is an hour and a half away and I don't trust buying new makeup online untested. The Sephora here is in JCP and they don't sell MUFE, so I ended up with this.

I've used it a few times and it's ok as long as I'm not taking pictures because it's powdery looking and two shades too dark and I haven't had any issues with transfer or excessive oiliness, but I had a problem with it accentuating the dry parts of my face. Not good.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ElenaChloe

OK...So this is supposed to mattify and somehow manages to make me look oilier than I actually am. I'm a little bit confused on this one. I first applied it with moisturizer underneath. 4 hours after that my face looked shiny so I reapplied. 2 hours after same problem. However, I like it's consistency so I thought I'd give it a try again but this time without moisturizer and guess what...shiny face again. Eh...I'll still wear it from time to time because it does look nice in the morning like a fresh faced version of me. Too bad it doesn't look so fresh by lunch. Might be just my skin that reacts weird to this product but I wouldn't reccomend it as a good mattifying foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by sweettmaidenn

Sephora's mineral compact is waayy better than this one, I tried both, but the color didn't match with the other product. This one the color isn't perfect either, I wish they had one shade lighter, but oh well.

In terms of the product itself, it is easy to apply, but doesn't have good coverage. I have to put several layers to cover up my PIH and blemishes. Sephora's mineral compact had better coverage, fyi. If you can't decide, go with that one. But both are very good with oil control. I have very oily skin, and both do a good job to control oil and shine on my face for at least 4-5 hours ( I don't touch up-I'm not high maintenance).

Bottomline: It's ok, but I won't be repurchasing.