MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

Full disclosure: blessed with fairly blemish-free skin. Sensitive and dry, yes, some redness here and there, yes, but really only get a zit or two every few months. (Thanks, genetics!)

MAC face and body foundation is perfect for my needs. The light to medium coverage evens skin tone, blends easily and lasts all day. I repeat, lasts all day. No longer do I see a flakey mess when I get home from school/work/etc. Perhaps its greatest quality is its long wear. I also prefer the slightly dewey finish to a matte look, I think it looks more natural and less pancake-y.

I switch between using my fingers and a brush to apply on clean, moisturized skin. Sometimes I set with powder or add bronzer, regular routine type stuff. Nothing fancy and the results are great.

Medium/fair complexion with neutral (but leaning toward yellow) undertone, my shade is N2.

Although MAC is not the most wallet-friendly brand out there, I think the face and body foundation is a good buy. Since it's a lighter coverage makeup, by using less or adding bronzer, you can get away all year regardless of shifting a shade. I used to have to buy new foundation depending on the time of year, but no longer!

I have never experienced a foundation that works so well for me. I wouldn't say i have problem skin, a odd spot appears but that can be solved by a dot of concealer, my only need is to even out skin tone. This works wonderfully for day to day, it gives me a glow that doesn't look oily. However, its also extremely versatile to wear on a night out, because of the natural luminescence and lack of SPF that makes you look terribly shiny (i do powder my t-zone however) My only qualm with this product has a limited amount of shades. I would consider my skin to be NW 35, however they don't have any middle shades in fact it seems to look like they have skipped N4 and gone straight to N5. I can look past this for a fantastic foundation that i can simply warm up with a touch of bronzer (which i would have applied anyway).

This is my HG foundation. I don't have blemishes and do t need much coverage. Regular foundations tend to cake on me and look odd. This foundation with a light dust of powder looks like skin. Without powder it is very dewy. It is buildable. I'm on my second bottle.

Really nice foundation once applied, it's one of those foundations you can chuck on your face and don't have to spend ages blending.

The finish of f&b is your skin but better, everytime I use this foundation I'm not blown away by how it looks on me and then I look in a mirror 15 minutes later and my skin looks so soft and airbrushed, it's one of those foundations that look better over the next hour of application.

Super runny consistency, I was able to build this to light / medium coverage but couldn't get past without using a mega tonne of product which is in my opinion wasteful.

My only gripe is that after 3 hours I look really oily and sweaty, this foundation offers no oil control and I'm not even that oily to begin with, I'd probably only wear this foundation if I were heading to the shops for an hour or so and didn't want to wear something really light.

Not super impressed by this foundation but would probably recommend to people looking for a sheer foundation with normal skin.

I LOVED this foundation. I like to use it with cover girls hydrating make up and they create a beautiful combo. Until...I took it off and had bumps all over my cheeks. I thought maybe it was just from rubbing my face with the wipe, but nope after I looked in the mirror I still saw them. It wasn't acne either it was just white bumps. I don't have sensitive skin at all. I've only had a reaction to one brand of make up wipes. The rash isn't the worse you've ever seen others don't really notice but I can feel them when I touch my face. Sucks cause I love how this looks other than that.

Combination skin:
I purchased a bottle of 120ml Fnb 3 years ago in C3. Felt nothing special about it. It is just a basic that I couldn’t care of.
Once I went on a humid and warm beach holiday, decided to bring it along mostly because I don’t care if I lose the bottle while travelling. Im that sort of girl that applies foundation to the beach (please don’t judge)

It works extremely well on top of sun cream, I couldn’t even be bothered to powder it.
It is truly waterproof, and doesn’t look weird coming out of the water. It just looks like skin!! 3
Looks extremely perfect during my holiday pictures even in harsh sunlight.

Somehow, upon returning from my holiday, got some new cheeky purchases from duty free and totally neglected fnb again.
It is a foundation that I could always put my trust on, you can apply it with fingers no matter the conditions of your skin.
It is always in my backup makeup bag, the emergency morning after makeup bag for the same reason that it was foundation that I don’t care if I misplace it.

One morning, after a crazy night out heading to work straight away.
Putting on makeup at the back of the cab, I accidentally left it back there.

That was when I realize, the morning after rituals won’t be the same without precious FNB!!
Went out and got a new bottle in C2, has been my everyday foundation ever since. Except night out or sleepover (it transfers just a little).
It doesn’t make me oilier than usual, my napkin blotting method still works with this foundation. I even went for a 7hours hike with this foundation and it stays on!!

Application is just, spread, rub, slap on followed by a thin layer of Mac set powder, does not emphasis pores which I have loads.
Since the change of routine, my Korean coworker commented, ‘ your skin got water!! Very Korean’
Guess that’s a compliment

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Love this foundation. Does not sink into fine lines. It makes my skin look great.

I'm more oily and I really liked this foundation, not sure why people crying over having abit of an oily tzone, my tzone is an oil slick and I looked so cute using this? Natural, easy to blend, loved it.

This is a terrific foundation when you are having a "Good Skin Day" and want buildable, dewy coverage. It's also great for drier skin types. I'm a NC-15 and C2 is a pretty solid match

Pros:
Thin, watery, light
Lovely coverage but sheer
Buildable
Dewy
Mixes well with lumbers (Strobe cream, Burberry)
Moisturizing

Cons:
Packaging (it's hard to control how much comes out)
If you need coverage, this isn't the foundation for you

This is my go-to foundation at the moment this time of year. If you want this vibe, but more coverage and control I would suggest Waterweight if you want to stick in the MAC family.

I absolutely love this product, moisturizing, build-able, never looks cakey, dewy..fab!! Lasts absolutely ages so is ok price wise. For reference I am NC20-NC25 and I use Mac N3. Would definitely recommend

Video Reviews & Tutorials