October 30, 2014 | 1139 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have acne scarring, hyperpigmentation AND oily skin!!-- SO needless to say I stayed away from mac f&b for yearrrrsss...

Dewy finish you say?? Light cover?? Yeah, not for me so much.

I'm a big MAC fangirl, and over the years I've made my rounds through every foundation MAC has no offer with not much success..... every last one.

In a moment of "what the hell!" I decided to just go for it and ask for a sample of mac f&b. The SA tried to talk me into SFF, like they do everyyy timee.. a foundation I DESPISE (by the way), but I insisted on f&b and took it back home.

On first application I immediately dismissed it as a dewy tm with decidedly not nearly enough coverage for me.

Then I heard about online how when you keep rubbing the product "sets" on the skin and begins to cover... so for science I had to try it out again.

Now I'm hooked!

F&B is the weirdest product-- there really isn't anything quite like it.. It starts off as a really watery, slippery, light coverage base product. But as you rub it in it does this phenominal thing where it gets tacky and just sets--- sets itself over the skin like the thinnest TINSIEST latex like cover. I can't even explain it because it's so weird. It sets like with your skin-- leaving your skin to shine through-- yet also be perfected and covered over.

It's so amazing!!

Pros:
Blends seemless into the skin, does not sit on top of skin at all

Covers better than a tm. I would consider it closer to medium coverage even with only one layer (concealer still totally necessary for any red or pigmented marks, but surface discoloration does disappear with one layer)

Lots of product!! 1.7oz for $27

Travel friendly packaging, pretty sanitary as well

Does not break me out!!!! (Now, this isn't true for everyone. If you check cosdna this does have some irritants in it) but ymmv. For me this is actually an incredibly mild formula. I actually use this when something irritated my skin, and I'm waiting for it to calm down.

Refreshing to use!! (probably bc I keep mine in the fridge)

Cons:
This is super dewy-- i definitely set with powder, and need to blot midday. I prefer satin coverage

I wish there were more color options. MAC really isn't pale people friend IME. I'm "tanned" bw an nc15-nc20 now and C1 is matching pretty darn well! But I have a feeling I will have to pick up the white mix sometime late fall :/

All in all I am surprisedly in lurve with this stuff!!! I alternate bw this and UD naked skin, but this is my every day (i save skin for weekends and special occasions).
The oil control leaves something to be desired, but this is such a great every day foundation because I really don't look like I'm wearing makeup, I just look really nice and put together.

Oh, and I almost forgot more pros!!--- no ss, so I don't look pale in pics. This really does photograph so pretty!! Its definitely my skin just sooo much better. But again, if my skin is oily then it doesnt look so hot, so carrying blot powder around is definitely key w this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by brittsmith33

L-O-V-E
This foundation is at the least AMAZING, it covers all my blemishes and lasts forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by litllemakeuplover

My advice to anyone who bought this foundation and hated it on their face is to try putting it on your legs when you wear shorts or dresses. Gives them a slight sheen as well. I have keratosis bumps just above my knees plus visible pores near my ankles but MAC F&B blurs it out nicely. Great way to make use of what you thought was wasted money! I don't do it all the time but on days I want to look nicer. Since the consistancy of this foundation is so watery and sheer, you can't even tell you have makeup on your legs. Works especially well for all the pale ladies out there because nothing seems to bring out skin imperfections like pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by KathyyD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First things first - I AM NOT A MAC LOVER, when it comes to foundations.
1. I hate the smell
2. amount of CHEMICALS!!
3. cakey
4. mac is either YELLOW/ORANGE (we're not applying to work for willy wonka here)
5. its either Beige/yellow ( can appear super ashy for me if i have ANY hints of pink/peach tones in my foundo)

Mac's face and body has swipped me off my feet. I am currently on my 4th Bottle!!!! I know that sounds like an amazing thing, and yes it is because im constantly going back at it, but that also shows that the product itself runs out REALLY REALLY fast.
Because its a super liquidy formula, a little does NOT go a long way.
The idea of mac's face and body is similar to the coverage you get of a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. Sheer, natural and basically like a SECOND SKIN!! it works wonders for hyper pigmentation.
All the factors i mentioned about Mac foundation above ^ , has notthinggg to do with the face and body. Starting off it does not funky! its like water on your skin, how can that be cakey! second skin tthats what it FEELS and looks like! and the colour match, i am shade N4 equivalent to a NC37-NC40 (minus the hints of beige) so it works amazing if you are FULLY and TRULY yellow/olive based only!

It is a extremely DEWY foundation, and if you have oily skin within an hour of applying it youre like a DISCO BALL, so please ladies during your relationship with this foundation, POWDER IS THE KEY! i have oily-to combo skin so after i powder it this foundation literally lasts me 5 or so hours. If you have DRY skin on the other hand, powdering this wil probably last you 7-8 hours.

Mac's face and body is WATER-RESISTANT with NO SPF sooooo if you're a nightlife girl, welcome to wonderland.

your makeup is still PERF after a good 100 years of dancing at the clubs, with other foundations sweating can be a worry because either your foundation becomes blotchy or starts sliding off, but ive discovered its not the case with the F.A.B.
Also say byebye to looking like a floating head, because it is FLASH friendly.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Tayla91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I put this on for the first time I wasn't really sold, as it is quite watery and doesn't provide much coverage after only one layer. But then I realised how buildable it was and how it still looked very natural and dewy after a couple of layers. Now I love it and it is the only foundation I use. It gives a photoshop-like finish to your skin and if you have the right shade it will really brighten and even out your complexion. It is also quite lightweight so I'm not sure if it would be suitable for someone whose skin is problematic but I found it to be perfect for me, as I usually keep it very simple and natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by SylviaGrant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is my HG Foundation! For AUD50, I think it's fairly pricey but it's worth it! It looks like skin and can be built up to a medium/full coverage. I use mine with MAC Fix+ and the beauty blender and it lasts all day! I wouldn't recommend any MAC powder on top of it as it makes it look soooooo gross...I just apply a light dusting of my NARS light reflecting power on top and spray with mac fix+ again. This doesn't feel cakey, look cakey or feel heavy on the skin. If you have really bad pimples/acne you will need to add some extra coverage with a concealer (i use mac prolong wear concealer over my blemishes)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

This is a true HG for me.
This winter my skin went super dry, and on top of that, I had an allergic reaction to a product, so I had really bad eczema patches on my face.

I couldn't use anything on my face, without it looking cakey and cling to those dry eczema patches. Even my Bourjois Healthy Mix serum couldn't do it.
I went out and got this in C1, which matches my NC20 skin perfectly. However it is really yellow, so maybe be aware of that.

This "foundation" is super lightweight and LOOKS LIKE SKIN! It blends in beautifully and never looks cakey. The coverage is really light, almost like the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, if anyone knows that one. However it can be build to a medium coverage.

- This is a very dewy foundation, so if you have oily skin it's probably not for you. I can't use this on hot summerdays, since I find it getting to shiny in my t-zone, but for normal days and in autumn/winter it's really nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. I loved the finish, how long it last, the colour selection and even the packaging. But EVERYTIME I use this for more than 3 days in a row, BAM! cystic acne and white heads. I guess I will try MUFE face and body version now.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by emileesays

This is a very watery, light foundation. I really like the fact that it's waterproof AND light coverage, that makes a perfect combo for the beach or summer months. I would never recommend wearing powder over it. It's too much of a dewy finish for powder, the powder will just be blotchy.
With that being said, the dewy finish isn't an oily feel you get from some foundations, it's more of a fresh/watery feel.
My favorite way to use this product is by purchasing it a shade darker than my NC20 Prolong wear foundation, in shade C4 and blending 2 or 3 drops in with my prolongwear using my Tarte Kabuki brush. And that's my perfect summer combo! Helps my prolong wear liquid stay on perfectly in water and makes the color adjustable.
You also get a lot in the bottle and it lasts forever.

If this foundation wasn't waterproof I probably wouldn't purchase it just because its so light of a coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Emilyy777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this foundation!

I have combination skin - oily in summer and dry in winter. Sensitive skin.
I don't suffer from a lot of breakouts.

MAC Face and Body is like a "your skin but better" foundation.
It gives a lovely dewy finish, doesn't settle in my pores or cake - I have quite large pores.

It is light coverage which is perfect for everyday/summer use. If I want a bit more coverage I apply a light layer of studio sculpt first with a damp sponge and then a light layer of face and body - great coverage and still no cakeyness.

I have freckles and normally I like to disguise them as much as possible. But the glow that this foundation gives is so amazing that I feel I don't need to cover my skin.
It has no scent and the packaging is super convenient and it feels great on the skin.

Best applied with your fingers.

I have heard that it does spoil quickly but I guess we'll see.
I have been told that keeping it in the fridge can help it last longer.