October 1, 2014 | 1588 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Curly Wurly

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by LUSH3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

woho(:
in love with this ! because it contains real coconut, it smells divine. not that fake coconut smell you get from artificial frangrances in other products. USE THIS TO GROW YOUR HAIR!! massage it into your roots and it nicely exfoliates your scalp with the coconut pieces, which stimulates blood flow and promotes hair growth. regular massage of the head with coconut oil ensures that your scalp is free of dandruff and lice too. coconut makes ur hair stronger, and hair grows when its strong ... its one of the best natrual nutrition for hair. this stuff cleans your hair, moisurisers without coating the hair in silicon and helps grow hair?! yes please =] use in conjuction with LUSH's Coolaulin conditioner for maximum results !!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by cmccan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

LOVE!!!! i have triple F hair. frizzy, fuzzy, and fluffy, that feels like wire. i have been using this with biolage conditioning balm and frizz ease serum and the results are AMAZING. people keep commenting that my hair looks longer (b/c it's not kinked up and frizzy), and my husband AND my hairdresser asked what i had changed, b/c my hair texture is so much softer. even though this shampoo is on the unconventional side, i would highly recommend!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Orientexpress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I was reluctant to try this. the SA steered me away from CW When first trying Lush shampoos; she said it would most likely weigh down my slightly dry and fine curls. I have been a slave to BIG ever since. However, my hair has been particularly dry and frizzy this summer. I tried richer conditioners and not washing as often. Both of those attempts at retaining moisture left my hair lank. I decided to try a sample of kinky curly after all. I was fully prepared to hate it because of the negative reviews here. I used it without conditioner and let my hair dry naturally. Yay!! Soft, defined curls with no heavy look or feel. I can attest to the cleaning power of this shampoo despite it's low lather. I was three days into dirty hair, post-workout and my scalp felt clean after use. The trick is to emulsify this produc on your fingertips (a little dab will do ya), and scrub the scalp with your fingertips. I can feel the coconut pieces in my hair when I get out of the shower, but there's no trace of them once my hair is dry and styled. I love this. I will continue to use BIG and alternate with curly whirly when I need a moisture boost. It's worth the price for good hair days. On a side note, I've also been using a sample of the r and b hair treatment and I am loving it too, but I couldn't find a way to review it. So here goes:
the key to making this product work is using it sparingly until you figure out how much your hair will absorb. I've been using it as a finishing cream to keep the ends of aforementioned curls moisturized and for eliminating frizz. The texture of the product is literally like butter and could certainly be too heavy for those with normal to oily locks. Start by warming a tiny dab between palms and appling to ends then moving up the shaft if you need it. This application method leaves my curls softly defined, barely piecey and frizz free even in in the humid summer of swampland USA. The smell is HEAVEN. The BEST lush fragrance IMO. I could slather this all over my body. It's floral, fruity, and softly musky. Like rub rub rub or seanik with sex appeal. Fine haired femmes should not fear this. Moderation is key.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is lovely. It leaves my hair nice and soft and it smells wonderful. I think the biggest problem with this product is that because of it's texture most people aren't quite sure how to use it. As other reviewers have said, a little really does go a long way. I take a little bit, rub in my hands with water and rub onto my scalp. I then dip my head back into the shower stream to make sure my hair is really wet before I really start scrubbing (I hope that made sense). I get a great lather with this method and find this product to last quite a long time (approx 5 months with almost daily use and I have long, thick hair).

This product is best for those with drier hair, I can imagine it being too rich for normal hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally thought I liked this because of how gentle it feels but this shampoo is the biggest pain to use! Like most people, I assumed the coconut bits would dissolve once in water. Nope! It doesn't come out of your hair fully when you rinse with water which is really annoying but it does come out once you apply conditioner, I guess the slip in conditioner helps to get it out. But still, it takes a little more effort and rinsing to get it all out, it's just not practical. I don't feel the bits did much for my hair anyway. I've also started to become paranoid that the bits will start clogging up my drain the more I use it. It doesn't do enough for my hair for me to have to worry about clogging my drain plus it's too expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This product just sucks. lol. It really does. It doesn't smell good at all. It has a fake coconut scent. It looks really weird and has coconut peices in it. It's intended for curly hair so why would you put particles on the inside? I don't understand the thought process behind that. I don't understand the packaging either? It's hard to not get water in the container. I used this a couple of times and each time my hair was left really dry. I have super long 3b-3c curls and it took me forever to rinse all the coconut particles out of my hair. Uh. I used the rest of the product up as body wash. I will not repurchase. Way better cleansing products out there for curly hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great, nourishing, moisturising, SLS free shampoo (i'm sensitive to SLS so quite happy to find this). My hair is straight so getting the coconut out wasn't a problem..fell out with a wide tooth comb.
Very happy overall, would possibly be happier if it was vegan.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by lgpacheco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok...now who else has had loads of hair fall out when they use this shampoo? Yes, the smell is lovely (borderline divine), but for all those gals who base their beauty on their lovely, long shiny locks, beware!
I on the other hand have super thick hair, a short angled bob, that I must have my hairdresser thin out, so it was no skin off my...well you know what I mean. I even did a several "tests" (who would want to see lovely LUSH fall short). So one day I did Curly Wurly = handfull of hair, next day my Terax Miel = minimal hair loss. Waited a week, used Terax on day one, minimal hair loss, 2 days later, the LUSH, and once again loads of hair. I am so glad that this was a sample, and I didn't pay for the full size.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by wws1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

What was I thinking when I bought this? I bought this on a whim and learned two things that day. 1. However well meaning take the advice of a brand new (and straight haired) Lush SA with a grain of salt. 2. SLS and my hair don't do well together. After going CG, I finally decided to try being a modified CG and washing my hair with a shampoo once in a while. I hit up Lush thinking they might have milder shampoos and was talked into trying this one by a very nice, but possibly clueless SA. She recommended this and Retread and suggested that I first treat with Retread and then wash with Curly Wurly. She also said that I wouldn't need conditioner afterwards but I just laughed - my super dry hair needs conditioner after co-washing! First off, Curly Wurly is quite thick (so a little goes a long way, that's a good thing) and has bits of coconut in it. I don't understand the reasoning behind that AT ALL! It's a pita to wash it out and has no extra moisturizing benefits at all. When I rinsed it out, even soaking wet, I could tell it dried out my hair. I conditioned with Retread again and airdried as I usually do. Whoa! My hair looked dried out, stringy, and frizzy. Yuck.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by tahiti33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a big fan, I am not sure how I like the way my hair feels next day. The product does not foam at all and is hard to work into your hair. Overall I do not feel like my hair is getting that clean. The coconut bits dont bother me and come out just fine with a wide tooth comb.
As much as I want to like this product I do not think I will be purchasing again.