April 18, 2014 | 1962 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Curly Wurly

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is lovely. It leaves my hair nice and soft and it smells wonderful. I think the biggest problem with this product is that because of it's texture most people aren't quite sure how to use it. As other reviewers have said, a little really does go a long way. I take a little bit, rub in my hands with water and rub onto my scalp. I then dip my head back into the shower stream to make sure my hair is really wet before I really start scrubbing (I hope that made sense). I get a great lather with this method and find this product to last quite a long time (approx 5 months with almost daily use and I have long, thick hair).

This product is best for those with drier hair, I can imagine it being too rich for normal hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally thought I liked this because of how gentle it feels but this shampoo is the biggest pain to use! Like most people, I assumed the coconut bits would dissolve once in water. Nope! It doesn't come out of your hair fully when you rinse with water which is really annoying but it does come out once you apply conditioner, I guess the slip in conditioner helps to get it out. But still, it takes a little more effort and rinsing to get it all out, it's just not practical. I don't feel the bits did much for my hair anyway. I've also started to become paranoid that the bits will start clogging up my drain the more I use it. It doesn't do enough for my hair for me to have to worry about clogging my drain plus it's too expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This product just sucks. lol. It really does. It doesn't smell good at all. It has a fake coconut scent. It looks really weird and has coconut peices in it. It's intended for curly hair so why would you put particles on the inside? I don't understand the thought process behind that. I don't understand the packaging either? It's hard to not get water in the container. I used this a couple of times and each time my hair was left really dry. I have super long 3b-3c curls and it took me forever to rinse all the coconut particles out of my hair. Uh. I used the rest of the product up as body wash. I will not repurchase. Way better cleansing products out there for curly hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great, nourishing, moisturising, SLS free shampoo (i'm sensitive to SLS so quite happy to find this). My hair is straight so getting the coconut out wasn't a problem..fell out with a wide tooth comb.
Very happy overall, would possibly be happier if it was vegan.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by lgpacheco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok...now who else has had loads of hair fall out when they use this shampoo? Yes, the smell is lovely (borderline divine), but for all those gals who base their beauty on their lovely, long shiny locks, beware!
I on the other hand have super thick hair, a short angled bob, that I must have my hairdresser thin out, so it was no skin off my...well you know what I mean. I even did a several "tests" (who would want to see lovely LUSH fall short). So one day I did Curly Wurly = handfull of hair, next day my Terax Miel = minimal hair loss. Waited a week, used Terax on day one, minimal hair loss, 2 days later, the LUSH, and once again loads of hair. I am so glad that this was a sample, and I didn't pay for the full size.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by wws1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

What was I thinking when I bought this? I bought this on a whim and learned two things that day. 1. However well meaning take the advice of a brand new (and straight haired) Lush SA with a grain of salt. 2. SLS and my hair don't do well together. After going CG, I finally decided to try being a modified CG and washing my hair with a shampoo once in a while. I hit up Lush thinking they might have milder shampoos and was talked into trying this one by a very nice, but possibly clueless SA. She recommended this and Retread and suggested that I first treat with Retread and then wash with Curly Wurly. She also said that I wouldn't need conditioner afterwards but I just laughed - my super dry hair needs conditioner after co-washing! First off, Curly Wurly is quite thick (so a little goes a long way, that's a good thing) and has bits of coconut in it. I don't understand the reasoning behind that AT ALL! It's a pita to wash it out and has no extra moisturizing benefits at all. When I rinsed it out, even soaking wet, I could tell it dried out my hair. I conditioned with Retread again and airdried as I usually do. Whoa! My hair looked dried out, stringy, and frizzy. Yuck.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by tahiti33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a big fan, I am not sure how I like the way my hair feels next day. The product does not foam at all and is hard to work into your hair. Overall I do not feel like my hair is getting that clean. The coconut bits dont bother me and come out just fine with a wide tooth comb.
As much as I want to like this product I do not think I will be purchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I have this but I don't think that it's the best one that they do. I prefer Big, Veganese and Rehab. This does do a nice job on my thick curly hair but I am not too keen on all the cocnut bits in it and I found that it weighed my hair down a bit. It was shiny but it was drier too which isn't too good on curly hair. It is still a good shampoo just not my fave from Lush. I prob wouldn't buy it again but I will still use what I have left at some point!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by TheDutchess

This, plus American Cream, is my combo. Honestly, it doesn't "feel" that great to use - as in, I don't feel like I am embracing luxury while in the shower, but the results are great. Soft, mangeable hair. It sort of perks my curls/waves up. FWIW, I have wavy, borderline curly hair, but I can run a wide toothed comb through it so I can get the curly bits out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by JadisVoid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually have naturally kind of wavy hair not really curly or frizzy. But my hair for awhile was really super dry and dull and I didnt know what to do. So I decided to try this to see if it could help. I can honestly say that I love this shampoo. It smells great, it leaves my hair shiny and soft but not greasy, and its just overall fun to use(at least for me it is). As far as lathering I didn't have a problem with that at all. I thought it lathered great.

I think this would be a godsend for people with really dry hair:D