April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Blanc Type

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Poptimist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is very close to my skin tone (NW15) so it really doesn't show up as much. I bought it to use as a cheek highlight but I prefer to use something a little more dramatic (eg benefit highbeam) so this ends up as a base for very neutral looks. Its pigmented, smooth, etc., as you would expect from MAC, but for me, the color is too bland to purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by sysco9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this shadow! Its is so creamy it just feels like...well cream! Its is very pigmented. One tiny downfall is if you pick up to much you will have fallout but since its a neutral color it would be easy just to swipe it off :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by amcarter62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this everyday! I usually don't wear lots of eyeshadow, so I always put this on to even out my lids. You can see the veins and they are a little discolors so this brightens them and evens them out! Just an amazing, simple, eyeshadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Violet34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This doesn't look like much in the pan. It was recommended to me as a brow bone highlight. Once I got it home and played with it a bit I got to see the wonder that is matte2. This is so nice and easy to work with-really blendable. It is also one of the only brow highlighters I use that can also be used as a lid color and I absolutely love it for that. Definitely not chalky. Also, I think it is neutral to cool. I've seen that a lot of people picked this up because it was used on Kristen Stewart in Twlight. Believe the hype. This is head and shoulders above any of the similar eye shadows in the line.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by brittney93

Great all over lid color. I use it over any paint pot or eye primer to even out my lid and make other eyeshadows blend like a dream. Because it is a lighter color it really gives a brightening effect to the eye which i love. I will also use it as a highlight under the brow if im not going to be wearing a lot of eye makeup. Overall just a really great neutral color to have in your collection, I prefer blanc type over brule.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

Very pigmented, good for brow bone, as a base, and for inner eye highlight. I like it as a matte highlight option, when I do not want too much schimmer or glitter, this works very well, comes across very natural. Wakes up the sleepy eye instantly. However, this color is not unique, and you can find good cheaper alternatives with WNW or NYX.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by irrelevantindian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Blanc Type has been my go-to, Holy Grail eyeshadow ever since I got it as my first MAC product in seventh grade. It's the perfect neutral matte lid colour for my pale NC15 skin. It's a dash too light for me almost, but that makes my eyes look absolutely huge. You can pair it with any crease or outer corner colour and it looks fantastic; it works wonders as a powder base over primer to help blend. I even use it as a highlight once in a blue moon just to put a skintone colour in the inner corner when the makeup doesn't call for a traditional highlight.
I've been using this for two years, have gone through three pans of it, and I have a love affair with this eyeshadow.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by pkcatalina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had so many shimmer shades and lacking matte neutrals. I initially had Orb, but it just didn't provide enough contrast on my NW20 skin tone. This makes a really good base for other shades. I also picked up Wedge for in the crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Cyerie

From the permanent line.

This will be the MAC eyeshadow I finish first. Matte^2 is some of the best eyeshadow ever made--it's smooth, soft, easy to apply, and a dream to blend. You seriously cannot make a mistake applying this eyeshadow. The color is very light and around NW 15. I used to use this as a lid color with bamboo in the crease and black or brown eyeliner, but I've been using it more as a highlight lately. No shimmer in this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by lwsege

Inspire by its smoothness when applying. Matte2 is awesome! However, this appear to be not so standout from my NC10-15 skintone. I will said a dupe for this will be Inglot M351, they are about the same. I like the texture and everything, i.e. lasting power, no chalkiness, natural-look. However, it just didn't show up enough for my fair skin.