April 18, 2014 | 1810 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Waffle Cone

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by orangeserendipity32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, I was so disappointed in all of the Everyday Minerals blushes, except for this one, which I use as a bronzer. Don't get me wrong, the colors and finishes are gorgeous, but I am highly allergic to all of them, EXCEPT for waffle cone. The others burned like hell and left a rash that EACH took a week to get rid of. I have not a clue why this is.
As far as Waffle Cone, I first got the loose powder sample and then ordered the pressed powder version, which I like even better because it is more natural looking and less shimmery. It is a gorgeous light-to-medium hued warm brown color w/ some peachy pink undertones. It is one of the most natural bronzers that I own, and has some beautiful golden shimmers in it. I like to wear this when going out at night mostly. The cardboard packaging for the pressed powders is absolutely crap as far as quality, and it is hard to get the lid on and off after just a couple of uses. I would never put this in my makeup bag for my purse or travel with it, because I am sure it would break, as the packaging is so flimsy.

My other fave bronzers are Benefit Hoola (a matte color I use for contouring cheekbones w/ a VERY light hand), and NARS Laguna which is a light bronzer with a natural pearly finish that is perfect for day time because it is hard for me to overdo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by almost40

Received this in a swap and altho I thought it looked bland in the pot,on my skin its lovely.It has a slight shimmer and looks so natural and glowy.Love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

First of all, I love love love Everyday Minerals' blushes. They come in soooo many different colors, it's impossible to choose just one! I have 10+ of their blushes and I enjoy mixing and matching each day. Waffle Cone is my latest acquisition and it does not disappoint. In fact, this is definitely one of top three fave blushes. It's NOT as brown as you may think - I thought it would be at first but I was wrong; it's more of a light pink with brown undertones and the perfect sheen - not shimmery but just the right amount of dewiness. It's a great natural look that won't make you look overdone. I think I'll be wearing this shade daily for the next few weeks! I love it THAT much!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by tia347

I really like waffle cone for a no makeup kind of day in the summer/autumn time. I think that this color could be a little bit darker. It is a brown/golden with little bit of rose in it. If you have fair skin you have to get this blush it is really pretty. Sometimes when my face is red I will take waffle cone and put it on my cheeks and then take one of my pinker blushes and apply it on top and that makes my redness go away and then I am able to wear pink blushes and waffle cone really mixes great with all blushes. This color also makes a great e/s!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by plnkpolarbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i got this in my sample kit. while the color looks really pretty in the pot (shimmery light brown) it doesn't show up on my skin AT ALL. good thing it was only a sample :P

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did not show up on my face at all...well, I take that back, it made my skin look lighter where I applied it. This color would work best for fair skin. I'll give it another try after the summer is over and my skin gets pasty white again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by pinkvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this product! It looks great on my skin (EDM Multitasking) although depending on how much colour I want, somtimes I have to build it up a bit. A quick swipe is great if you are just after some definition though!

This has become a HG product for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edited 7/30/08: I wore this over the weekend and with some work building it, it's actually really pretty and natural looking, but I have to use a LOT of it like I do with something like Benefit's Dandelion. Not very pigmented but if you do it right it looks great. The price is right so I don't care about having to use a lot of it, at least it's hard to do wrong. Beautiful healthy brown/pink/summery tone if built right.

I would really rate this one at about a 3.5 - it's not bad, but on my skin (NC30-C3, EM Golden Medium) it's barely detectable, and I have to build it quite a bit. It actually is more like a bronzer or contouring color than a blush. It looks ok if you want just a hint of color or a very natural look, but I had to use a lot of it to make it look that way, much more so than their other blushes, even some of the lighter ones. I will definitely use it as a bronzer or contourer, though. Got a big size for a steal in their kit, and it is a good value for the money. I would describe the color as a light to medium brown with a hint of spice/pinkish tawny color to it, very very light sheen/shimmer to it as well. This is not overly warm at all. Pretty, but would need to be darker pigmented to be a really useful blush, for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by mzxtine

This blush goes on sheer with a hint of sparkle on my cheeks (I am Mac NC20). I sometimes like to mix this with another blush color, but for summer it is a nice bronzer. :) I own a huge jar of this so I will not buy another one; however, I do suggest getting it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by vandael

OH SO PRETTY. This blush just glows on my skin! It's such an amazing, shimmery brown, perfect for natural looks. After receiving a sample, I've used it almost every single day... so much that I bought the big size once I ran out. I wear it year-round and cannot live without this stuff. Each jar lasts forever! Mineral blushes can be a tad messy, so I press all of my EM blushes into wide acrylic jars. I highly recommend this! I have 12 of them :) They look so gorgeous side-by-side in their 'pans' and make it easier to choose a color for specific looks. Also, it helps me apply less product with a lighter hand since some blushes can be very pigmented.