April 24, 2014 | 1930 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my number 1 base color. I'm so glad that I found NYX jumbo pencils. I have 10 shades and this one is the one I use most. I use it under almost any color, especially with browns, neutrals and dark colors. A must have.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by leoraloo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this jumbo pencil, it hasn't creased for me and undeer my eye shadows it looks amazing. Its a creamy beige and was only 5 dollars! (canadian) I love it and will definitely buy some more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by jnn78

I love this!! The color is gorgeous, like a shimmery light brown. This can go great on any skin tone and this really is a great base for any neutral eyeshadow. I was very happy to find that this does not crease at all. On top of that, it is very easy to apply and is very creamy. I will defnitely buy this again :) The price is around 4 bucks, so why not :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by BeTheChange

I really like this color. I use it as an eyeshadow base and it's great. Has decent staying power and is a beautiful color. I don't like jumbo pencils, but that's just me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sweet_cake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice color for all purposes - from casual to semi-formal. It did not transfer, fade, or slip noticeably even though I have very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

Picked this up as a base for brown shadows. It works great to give them more depth. It worked perfectly for me as a base for a brown smokey eye. I've picked up 5 of these gems this week (Ulta has BOGO1/2). And kudos to youtube for showing me how to depot these using a microwave.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I wear a lot of neutrals/browns and was kind of getting tired of the same ole colours. When I purchased this, I wore it underneath a bunch of my eyeshadows (in the brown family) and it was like having brand new eyeshadows! It doubles as a base that doesn't crease (when applied as a thin layer), is super cheap, really creamy, highly pigmented, easily accessible and lasts a really long time. I said no to repurchasing though because its just a tiny bit lighter than "French Fries" and to me there isn't much of a difference. If I could pick one it would be "French Fries" so thats probably what I'll end up repurchasing instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I use this just about every day. It is the perfect shade of a light, taupey brown color that works well with all of my neutral eyeshadow shades, regardless of the brand.

I apply it messily to my lid, then blend and even out with an ELF flat eyeliner brush. I also apply to my lower lash line and smudge lightly, then apply shadow over it for a smoked out look.

You have to use a very light application, or else you will get creasing after a short period of time. I also use UDPP or ELF mineral primer underneath this.

My one and only complaint is that the cap that comes on these does not stay on AT ALL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

I absolutely love this as a eyeshadow base. I know a lot of people prefer MAC's paints and paintpots for ES base, I have tried them too, but in the end, I still find that the NYX jumbo pencils work better for me. I have oily lids, and to make it worse, I also have hooded lids, so creasing is a major problem for me. I put UDPP sparingly to prime my lids first, and then spread a thin layer of the NYX JEP over my lids. It grabs the ES better (than MAC paints, at least for me), intensify the colors and lasts more than 6 hours without creasing over most my of lid (except the inner eye corner, but this is probably due to my watery eyes, it washes out whatever that is in the inner corner). I have 6 of these jumbo pencils (Cottage cheeze, Ice Mocha, Lemon, Oyster, Lavender and Dark brown) and my favourites are Ice Mocha and Lemon. Ice Mocha is PERFECT for doing bronze eyes. If I ever run out of this (will be a longgggg time, since each app only use tiny amount), will definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by soiia

Love this color! It matches my skintone so well and once I've blend it on my eyelids, it give a natural/nude shine that really add some depth to my eyes :)

The only problem I have with this is that it creases (just like any of nyx jumbo pencils) so I never apply too much or have an eye primer on before I apply this NYX jumbo pencils :) Definitely a must have for a subtle yet enhancing day look for school or work.