December 22, 2014 | 877 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Constructivist

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by UrbanxGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the latest addition to my ever growing paint pot collection. I was a little upset when I got home and discovered that it was a little sticky and hard on top. It seemed to have the CCO syndrome. Each paint pot I have picked up at a CCO has been drier than those (like this one) that I was able to get from a MAC counter or store. Thankfully, after rubbing the top a bit the product is soft and creamy as usually expected. NOW, with all of that out of the way.... Let me start by saying this is a fantastic color. It's a slightly deep taupey brown color that is great for a daytime smokey look. It can be paired with warm or cool colors for different effects or simply warn alone. I truly think this is a must have for anyone who likes to use paint pots either alone or as a base. It is not super shimmery as some of the others but is not completely matte either. The color can be sheer when applied with a light hand or built up to a decadent opague brown. This also makes a great base under Mauvement pigment from the Fabulous Felines collection. See MrKongsMom's video on YouTube for a demo. Totally awesome color collaboration.I was looking for an excuse to pick this up and her vid gave me exactly what I wanted;-) Hope this is helpful.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by xsinfullyxtangyx

It's a gorgeous, not over the top glittery brown color. When I swatched it at the MAC counter, I instantly fell in love with it. When I got home and opened my new paintpot, it was dry, patchy and hard to apply. I thought I had gotten a bad one so I went back to exchange it. The second one is slightly more creamier but definitely no where near as easy to work with as my other paintpots. The color makes the purchase worth it but I find it a hard to use on a daily basis due to its texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 8:34:00 AM More reviews by sss215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been looking for a neutral eyecolor with shimmer for a while. I am mufe mat velvet #80 and I found a few things from Mac but nothing deep enough for my liking. They were also all mattes. I know mufe has some browns, but until I get to the mufe store again, my search ended with this Mac color.
This color is perfect for me to wear alone and perfect for a neutral lid with a dark deepened crease. This is the perfect color for me to create instant drama, especially when in a hurry. This I a good color for me to use when I want to create a look that is a blush or lip focus as well.
The consistency of this paintpot is pretty good. It's smooth and easy to blend. If it was dry I would return it. The staying power is pretty good also. I am very oily so I layer my lids a bit. Paint pots are my 3rd layer, after Mac matte and concealer. So with that formula I can't go wrong.
What I like most is the texture this paint pot adds to my eyes under shadow. I see getting a few backups of this if Mac ever discontinues it. Even though I hope not .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a product that I can say that I was skeptical about but fell in love. I think the consistency of this one is by far the creamiest of the bunch! It makes the prettiest smoky brown look i have ever seen! LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by blubutterfly04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite paint pot. Its iridescent, no shimmer. Perfect for a sexy, smokey eye or by itself. I would definitely repurchase even though it may be awhile due to the amount of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by misodisko

LOVE paint pots. I have Bare Study, Rubenesque, Constuctivist, Blackground, and Delft. I use Bare Study, Rubenesque and Constructivist everyday, just by themselves. Blackground and Delft make really awesome smokey looks. I would definitely repurchase all the colors I own, and others as well. I feel that these wear by themselves and under shadows best of all the cream shadows I've tried (Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow, Lancome Color Dose, Clarins Soft Touch Eye Color).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

On the fence about this, but I'm pretty sure it's going back to the MAC counter. It doesn't apply easily and ALWAYS looks uneven on my eyes. Not a pretty look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by sugarplumgirl19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first MAC paintpot. I like the color (dark brown with a hint of iridescence) and the staying-power is AMAZING. I had to work at it to get it off at the end of the day. My only complaint is that it's kind of dry. Overall, great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by mscosmeticfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

a gorgeous, gorgeous deep rich brown that wears well. i love with my mac satin taupe eyeshadow. it's makes a nice even, neutral base on my lids when i want brown all over. it's super creamy and it stays all day (seriously!)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by hsmluver525

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is love <3 hah, i wear it everyday, it matches my skintone so so well. when i run out, i'm getting it again, even if i barely have the money for it.