October 24, 2014 | 1585 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Constructivist

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by xsinfullyxtangyx

It's a gorgeous, not over the top glittery brown color. When I swatched it at the MAC counter, I instantly fell in love with it. When I got home and opened my new paintpot, it was dry, patchy and hard to apply. I thought I had gotten a bad one so I went back to exchange it. The second one is slightly more creamier but definitely no where near as easy to work with as my other paintpots. The color makes the purchase worth it but I find it a hard to use on a daily basis due to its texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 8:34:00 AM More reviews by sss215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been looking for a neutral eyecolor with shimmer for a while. I am mufe mat velvet #80 and I found a few things from Mac but nothing deep enough for my liking. They were also all mattes. I know mufe has some browns, but until I get to the mufe store again, my search ended with this Mac color.
This color is perfect for me to wear alone and perfect for a neutral lid with a dark deepened crease. This is the perfect color for me to create instant drama, especially when in a hurry. This I a good color for me to use when I want to create a look that is a blush or lip focus as well.
The consistency of this paintpot is pretty good. It's smooth and easy to blend. If it was dry I would return it. The staying power is pretty good also. I am very oily so I layer my lids a bit. Paint pots are my 3rd layer, after Mac matte and concealer. So with that formula I can't go wrong.
What I like most is the texture this paint pot adds to my eyes under shadow. I see getting a few backups of this if Mac ever discontinues it. Even though I hope not .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a product that I can say that I was skeptical about but fell in love. I think the consistency of this one is by far the creamiest of the bunch! It makes the prettiest smoky brown look i have ever seen! LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by blubutterfly04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite paint pot. Its iridescent, no shimmer. Perfect for a sexy, smokey eye or by itself. I would definitely repurchase even though it may be awhile due to the amount of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by misodisko

LOVE paint pots. I have Bare Study, Rubenesque, Constuctivist, Blackground, and Delft. I use Bare Study, Rubenesque and Constructivist everyday, just by themselves. Blackground and Delft make really awesome smokey looks. I would definitely repurchase all the colors I own, and others as well. I feel that these wear by themselves and under shadows best of all the cream shadows I've tried (Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow, Lancome Color Dose, Clarins Soft Touch Eye Color).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

On the fence about this, but I'm pretty sure it's going back to the MAC counter. It doesn't apply easily and ALWAYS looks uneven on my eyes. Not a pretty look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by sugarplumgirl19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first MAC paintpot. I like the color (dark brown with a hint of iridescence) and the staying-power is AMAZING. I had to work at it to get it off at the end of the day. My only complaint is that it's kind of dry. Overall, great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by mscosmeticfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

a gorgeous, gorgeous deep rich brown that wears well. i love with my mac satin taupe eyeshadow. it's makes a nice even, neutral base on my lids when i want brown all over. it's super creamy and it stays all day (seriously!)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by hsmluver525

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is love <3 hah, i wear it everyday, it matches my skintone so so well. when i run out, i'm getting it again, even if i barely have the money for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by susancrazymoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is the best brown shadow i ever had. it does not crease at all. it stays on all day. You can apply it with a special brush or with your fingers. And the color is amazing!