Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter

4.3

Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Geraniol, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Dimethicone, Glyceryl lymethacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Aqua (Water), Ethylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Hydroxide, BHT, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Disodium Edta, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil

on 7/11/2013 5:10:00 PM

This body butter smells awful and is so thick and greasy. I do not recommend this.

on 7/10/2013 5:50:00 AM

Not a fan of this. The product its self performs well- comparable to palmers cocobutter for example. The scent is sickly sweet to start with and then dries down to plain old 'eau de cologne' scent. I don't mind eau de cologne ( a bit masculine maybe) but the sickly sweet note is really off-putting to me. The packaging is retro kitcsh, if thats your thing. I think it looks cheap, I prefer more elegant packaging- but thats just a question of personal taste.

It works. Buy this if you like the scent and the packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot get enough of this! It's very rich and smells soooo devine! I use it every couple of days before bed, it's really nice if you are out in the sun too as it soothes sun kissed skin. Go and give this a smell for yourself :)

on 7/3/2013 2:30:00 PM

THE SMELL! It's unique and absolutely divine. Other than that this is a really great body butter, comparable to the thicker Body Shop body butters such as the mango one. It leaves your legs (or wherever you choose to use it) super smooth and is my remedy against flaky skin. I also use this during the summer on days when I've gotten a little too much sun. Just slather this on at night and the next day any red areas will have developed into a tan instead of burning. The only warning I would have is that the scent is quite strong so if you put it on your upper body (arms, neck etc...) then expect it to compete with any perfume you wear.

on 6/29/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My mum bought me a trio of body butters from Soap and Glory because I'd done well in an exam or something :P I was thrilled because I love the vintage style of the brand and already have a collection on my shelf. The body butters didn't disappoint either! Beautiful smell, texture and blends into skin really easily.

I applied this product straight after my shower at night and it would leave my skin really soft and silky the next day, as well as leaving a lovely fruity smell in my room :)

I can't remember how much my mum paid but I have a feeling it's not a cheap body butter. Definitely worth the money though if you're looking for something good quality with a bit of class :) I would repurchase!

on 6/20/2013 1:15:00 PM

I got this as part of a miniature set for my birthday last September but have resisted using it 'til now for fear that it wouldn't live up to expectations, as so far I've yet to find an S&G product I can honestly say I like.

The instructions on the back of the pot stated you should take a generous handful and massage into damp skin after bathing or showering, but given that the pot was only about 50ml in size and therefore would probably constiture a single handful in itself, I decided to try using it as a hand cream instead. Which is probably where I went wrong.

This did nothing for my hands at all, other than make them feel like a greasy mess. I felt like this left a film too, even when I'd really gone to town and rubbed it in for as long as is humanly possible when you're a busy person and have other things to do. I really did give this a good try too, using it 2-3 times a day, every day, for about two weeks. In the end though I had to admit defeat and give up.

Aside from the non-moisturising effect this had on my hands, the scent of this is also off-putting. It's the recurring signature scent from S&G and I REALLY don't like it. For want of a better word, it smells musty. And I don't want any part of my body smelling like that!

I'm disappointed to discover yet another S&G product that hasn't worked for me, especially given the rave reviews this and many of their other products seem to get throughout the beauty world. But I guess you can't please everyone...

on 6/7/2013 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I got a couple of samples from Sephora and was excited about it because of the great reputation this product has. Unfortunately, any strong scent is going to be pretty polarizing and this one did NOT sit well with me. I find the scent very masculine and heavy. It reminds me of aftershave. Strangely, it also reminds me of the Dove body lotion that I bought in Spain (I'm from the US - makes me think American lines tend towards lighter/sweeter smells).

The formula is definitely wonderful, I would just recommend that anyone tempted to invest in this get a sample first or at least sniff in-store.

Nice thick butter with a kindof addictive smell. Good for dry winter skin.

on 4/27/2013 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

If you use too much of this it can make you smell like an old woman, but in moderation it smells great - like a blend of make up and cosmetics. It is very feminine with a woodsy sort of scent. If this was an article of clothing it would be wool material - dense and classic. I keep the small 50ml tub at my desk at work. Whenever I put it on my hands everyone in the office seems to quiet down a bit. Maybe it's just a coincidence because I like to use this in the afternoon time before I leave work - but I still think this has a calming effect.

I didn't give this 5 stars because it doesn't do much for moisturizing. It feels nice when I rub it on my hands, and it smells unique but if you're looking for moisture good old drug store olay will get the job done.

on 4/26/2013 5:26:00 AM

This is my favourite body butter product. I used to use the Body Shop Shea Butter, but the scent was too strong and I found it a little too greasy. The Righteous Butter has a pleasant but not overpowering scent and absorbs really well. It makes my dry legs look and feel amazing.

I first got this product in a set as a Christmas gift, and I've replaced it immediately every time it has run out. It's the best body butter I've found.

Top Rated Soap & Glory Products