The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 77288 (Colour).

on 3/4/2009 8:37:00 PM

This is the first ever Body Butter that was introduced exactly 10 years ago and it is responsible of the whole body butter craze in the cosmetic industry. I have been using this on and off for 10 years and although I am not a fan of the smell, I love the light texture. It moisturizes very well, without any heaviness or stickiness and heals any irritation from shaving, etc.

on 2/18/2009 1:56:00 AM

Got it as a gift. I hate the scent lolz but that's just my personal taste. It does its job. That's about it. Nothing too super special about this one.

on 1/24/2009 11:12:00 PM

This is my must-use body moisturizer in the winter! I've been using this stuff for the past three years when the weather turns cold and it has kept my skin smooth and void of any rough patches. I've used the mango body butter before but I found that to be a little too greasy, and while it smelled good, the scent lingered for quite some time. The olive one is light enough not to interfere with my perfume, but still smells good enough alone. It's $20, but one lasts for quite some time. I just started my second tub this season. :)

Took off one lippie for the packaging and the fact that it takes a little longer than other lotions to get absorbed into your skin.

on 11/6/2008 6:38:00 PM

This is one of my 2 favourites in the TBS Body Butter range, the other being the passionfruit scented one.

I have very dry skin, the looks flaky and slightly scaly if I do not moisturise. I love this thick body butter esp. during cold winter days! (IMO, this is the most moisturising out of the 3 I've tried- the other 2 being Passionfruit and Strawberry). As the other reviewers have mentioned, this body butter takes awhile to absorb into the skin, about 15-20 minutes but I'm fine with that as I normally just slather this on after shower and before bed. This routine leaves me with silky smooth skin the next morning that lasts all day. I find that if I used too much of this product, it does tend to feel sticky and sorta sit on my skin. I believe the key is to use less, as the consistency of the product is thick and a little bit goes a long way.

And scent wise, you'll either love or hate it (I love it!). I find myself reaching for this over the passionfruit scented one esp when I'll be using other scented products like perfume because the clean, fresh olive scent does not clash with the other scents.

My only major gripe about this product is the fact that I tend to get product under my fingernails when I dip my fingers in to get the body butter out. but I suppose, I can't see any other packaging working because of the thick consistency of the body butter.

Note: One full-sized tub lasts my 3+ months will daily usage.

on 10/17/2008 2:57:00 PM

This body butter is very moisturizing, but it takes a long time to absorb. (Not going anywhere....?) The smell isn't the best, but what did I expect? It is olive. Also, I do not like dipping my fingers in it because it gets trapped under my fingernails. Since this was a gift I liked it, but I would not purchase it.

on 10/12/2008 3:40:00 AM

This smells like plants and you will either love it or hate. I'm okay with it. It feels very refreshing but takes a while to sink in.

Yes, I did like this, but the reason for not giving it 5 lippies is because it takes kinda long to be absorbed, Yea... like 15 minutes. The smell is light, earthly and refreshing, does its job and moisturises, but I like coconut better.

on 9/18/2008 10:19:00 AM

this is the BEST Body Butter! i love the fresh scent. i love how it keeps my skin so soft and silky. DH cant stop commenting about how my skin changed. i use this almost everyday. my favorite from TBS and my second favorite is the shea body butter.

on 9/17/2008 7:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite body butter from TBS. I use other creams as well, but I've always come back to this. It's light, moisturising, and has a fresh, non-overwhelming smell.

on 8/13/2008 5:29:00 PM

This is one of the best Body Shop body butters in terms of moisturising ability. It moisturises so well-I actually use it as a hand cream before I go to bed and it helps my nails grow longer and stronger. The scent isn't the greatest and doesn't compare to the other delicious scents in the body butter line but the moisturising pay off makes it worth it.

It's quite expensive in NZ (NZ$30) but well worth it.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products