August 20, 2014 | 1825 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

used the shu uemura cleansing oil for about 4 years and though i liked it, once it wasn't available in stores in the us i decided to try something new and also mineral oil free. i did a little research and found clean energy. i'm not a huge fan of the scent. i'm not usually into very natural herbal scents. but i definitely like what it does for my skin. it removes all traces of makeup and preps my skin for when i do a second cleanse with a foaming cleanser. i also don't feel a residue left behind by this oil cleanser either which i've really liked. this hasn't caused any breakouts or any reactions and i would definitely continue using this and repurchasing when i'm through with my bottle. also, a little goes a long way so you don't have to use too much and i can see this lasting a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Clean Energy is a good pre-cleanse better than Dermalogica in price and in ingredients. This breaks down my moisturizer and the oil in my skin so that I get a better clean when I wash with my normal facial soap.

UPDATE: I had to give this up when I realized that this was the product making my skin so dry. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was causing my skin to be so horrible - I was oily but dry at the same time, which was causing break outs. I tried different moisturizers, masks, and adding a toner but it never helped. I had no idea that an oil cleanser could dry out my skin. Now that I have figured it out I am giving Lancôme Crème Radiance a try, I have heard great things about it from a friend and read online reviews that it’s good for combination skin and for removing make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by SheGlowsPale

LOVE! Ever have a product you actually look forward to using everyday? THIS is mine! As background: I have slightly oily skin and mild acne problems (less often now due to acne.org treatment - my HG). This product has never ever broken me out or cause anymore oil. This is my every night cleanser. What I truly love about this product is it gets ALL of my makeup off (and I use very long wearing makeup) and cleans my skin all in 1 step. I still use a toner afterwards usually but there is hardly anything on the cotton pad after I swipe it (my test for how well a cleanser takes my mu off). I love the smell as well - reminds me of a more natural fruit loops lol. I find Origins products very hit or miss, but this is my absolute hit!

Also for reference I've only used two other cleansing oils before - DHC and MAC. DHC i remember liking but not being wow-ed by, and I found MACs to be nice as well but too liquidy/watery feeling, probably because I had already been using Origins before I tried the MAC and the consistency just wasn't what I was used to and loved about the Clean Energy.

There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about this product. I love it sop much that I refuse to stay anywhere without it - I actually have 2 in my apartment, 1 in my boyfriends, and 1 at my parents just in case!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its very effective, but very drying. I breakout more often if I use it because my skin hyper produces oil to make up for the desert this product leaves behind. I wouldnt recommend this to people with sensitive skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by jalonzo423

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Total origins junkie, as well as aveda...perfect for washing off my makeup at the end of the day. To the people who say it isn't foaming our lathering....are you using it correctly, because it does lather a bit when you add water.
Apply to face, allow it to beak up the make up, add water massage into skin and then rinse. <3 it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Lollaishere

Ok. First thing is the packaging. Why this did not come with a pump is beyond me?? You have to pay an addition £1 for it!
I have oily, sensitive and easily clogged skin. I tried this as it claimed it was non comedogenic and would deep clean my skin. I used this for about a month in total so feel I can provide a proper review. I would use this in the evenings only to take off my make up. I dont wear much make up but live in the city centre and I am around traffic and pollution so felt i needed a product to give my skin a good deep clean. But after using this i still felt the need to use a face wash after as I felt slightly oily. I didn't think this would clog my skin up as it claimed to be non comedogenic but it most certainly did! After around the 3 and a half week mark my pores were massively blocked. And this wasn't a gradual thing. I literally went to bed fine, and then the next morning my poor face was covered! I have never had pores this clogged in my life! I am still battling them a further 4 weeks on :( Not a happy bunny. If your pores are even slightly prone to getting clogged easily then I would steer clear of this as despite what it says it is definitely pore blocking!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by jellybaby21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank You MUA! I bought this after the great reviews (and bought the pump too after recommendations on here). I love, love, love this. The scent of the oil is to die for, I feel like I am transported to a spa everytime I smell it. It removes EVERYTHING from my face, including waterproof mascara, sunscreen and anything else you can think of. This is the best cleanser I have ever had and definitely has gone straight to HG status for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by desertvixen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My first cleansing oil was DHC which was a staple for me until Origins came out with their version. I switched to the Origins and much prefer it to the DHC. It effectively removes all my makeup including my mascara. As a contact lens wearer, it doesn't irritate my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

I was looking for a moisturizing cleanser so I thought that an oil-based cleanser would work best. However, oddly enough, this ended up being too drying for me. It ended up giving me a few dry patches. This gets three lipsticks because it rinses clean and leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped. I felt like I had "normal" skin after washing my face with the exception of a few dry patches. I think this would be good for someone who has oily skin and for people who wear a lot of make up. When you rinse this off, there is no foaming action or lather like some emulsifying oil cleansers. This does not come with a pump so I had to buy a pump ($1.50,) which I felt should've been included in this price. The scent is light and does not linger. If I had oiler skin, I would've kept this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far so good! I tried boscia and philosophy's cleansing oil and hated both. Bosica broke me out and philosophy's ingredients are horrible. Origins has a soft texture so it's easy to massage it on your face and it leaves my oily/dehydrated skin feeling not too moisturize and not too clean. I'm impressed my origins, it's the first company i've come across that uses mostly non chemical ingredients, is affordable, and actually does what it advertises.