April 20, 2014 | 1683 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its very effective, but very drying. I breakout more often if I use it because my skin hyper produces oil to make up for the desert this product leaves behind. I wouldnt recommend this to people with sensitive skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by jalonzo423

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Total origins junkie, as well as aveda...perfect for washing off my makeup at the end of the day. To the people who say it isn't foaming our lathering....are you using it correctly, because it does lather a bit when you add water.
Apply to face, allow it to beak up the make up, add water massage into skin and then rinse. <3 it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Lollaishere

Ok. First thing is the packaging. Why this did not come with a pump is beyond me?? You have to pay an addition 1 for it!
I have oily, sensitive and easily clogged skin. I tried this as it claimed it was non comedogenic and would deep clean my skin. I used this for about a month in total so feel I can provide a proper review. I would use this in the evenings only to take off my make up. I dont wear much make up but live in the city centre and I am around traffic and pollution so felt i needed a product to give my skin a good deep clean. But after using this i still felt the need to use a face wash after as I felt slightly oily. I didn't think this would clog my skin up as it claimed to be non comedogenic but it most certainly did! After around the 3 and a half week mark my pores were massively blocked. And this wasn't a gradual thing. I literally went to bed fine, and then the next morning my poor face was covered! I have never had pores this clogged in my life! I am still battling them a further 4 weeks on :( Not a happy bunny. If your pores are even slightly prone to getting clogged easily then I would steer clear of this as despite what it says it is definitely pore blocking!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by jellybaby21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank You MUA! I bought this after the great reviews (and bought the pump too after recommendations on here). I love, love, love this. The scent of the oil is to die for, I feel like I am transported to a spa everytime I smell it. It removes EVERYTHING from my face, including waterproof mascara, sunscreen and anything else you can think of. This is the best cleanser I have ever had and definitely has gone straight to HG status for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by desertvixen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My first cleansing oil was DHC which was a staple for me until Origins came out with their version. I switched to the Origins and much prefer it to the DHC. It effectively removes all my makeup including my mascara. As a contact lens wearer, it doesn't irritate my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

I was looking for a moisturizing cleanser so I thought that an oil-based cleanser would work best. However, oddly enough, this ended up being too drying for me. It ended up giving me a few dry patches. This gets three lipsticks because it rinses clean and leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped. I felt like I had "normal" skin after washing my face with the exception of a few dry patches. I think this would be good for someone who has oily skin and for people who wear a lot of make up. When you rinse this off, there is no foaming action or lather like some emulsifying oil cleansers. This does not come with a pump so I had to buy a pump ($1.50,) which I felt should've been included in this price. The scent is light and does not linger. If I had oiler skin, I would've kept this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far so good! I tried boscia and philosophy's cleansing oil and hated both. Bosica broke me out and philosophy's ingredients are horrible. Origins has a soft texture so it's easy to massage it on your face and it leaves my oily/dehydrated skin feeling not too moisturize and not too clean. I'm impressed my origins, it's the first company i've come across that uses mostly non chemical ingredients, is affordable, and actually does what it advertises.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by scootipooti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading positive reviews all over the internet for this cleanser, I decided to give it a try after my Mad Hippie Cream Cleanser was not able to remove the heavier sunscreens I am now wearing for the warmer months. All those reviews I read were dead on! This one product replaces any eye makeup and makeup removers, and cleansers you might use. It removes *everything* but leaves my skin incredibly soft and hydrated. It's done a great job of clearing out my pores and keeping my skin clear. I like the scent and don't find it heavy at all. Going off the recommendations of others, I did purchase the separate pump, which is now $1.50. But it is well worth it. I use one pump in the morning, and two in the evening for heavier cleansing. You rub it over dry skin, then use water to emulsify the oil, then rinse. Like many others, I am not able to use mineral oil, but did used to use the DHC cleansing oil, but stopped using it after Sephora no longer carried the line. If you're interested in using a cleansing oil, but can't use mineral oil, give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by tapasnut

This is my first oil cleanser and I would rate it pretty good but not amazing. It does seems to take off sunscreen and eye makeup easily, but even though it has emulsifiers I still like to follow up with a cleanser or make-up wipe. The texture and smell are pleasant and it's a cinch to use if you get the pump -- but why not sell it with the pump included? I think the bottle will last forever as I've been using for a couple months and barely made a dent in it. I'll probably try another oil cleanser next so I have something to compare it to, but may come back to this one too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product to help remove the super high spf sunscreens I wear daily - it's a must as I'm very pale & use Retin-A & AHA cream. I like the light smell of it & the packaging is handy when you buy the pump. I use 1 to 1 1/2 pumps for my whole face [excluding mascara removal]. It feels nice to massage it into my face and then foams lightly when water is added. After I wash it off my face feels clean, supple & moisturized. However, I sometimes feel like I still have ss on my face after I use this & my regular face wash. I wonder if there's something stronger/better, besides paint thinner.