October 25, 2014 | 1637 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this creme liner, this is what I use on my waterline. I've found it to have the best staying power then any other liner I've used on my waterline. I used to use pencils but they don't last on me very well.

CONSISTENCY:
Its pretty thick but very creamy. It starts to dry out after awhile but not that bad to the point where you can't use it anymore, it just wont glide as easily, therefore, it actually starts working better on your waterline. You also get a very good amount of product.

FINISH:
Its very black & matte. I haven't really used it to line my lash line but I can imagine it would work well (but I usually prefer my wet n' wild creme liner on the lashline) but even on your waterline its a intense matte black. It glides on smoothly & evenly.

WEAR POWER:
Best thing I've found so far. I've tried pencils & gel liners & surprisingly this has beat them all (again, on my waterline & set with an eyeshadow) it doesn't claim to be waterproof but I think it could get away with being very water resistant. It stays uniform without any changes whatsoever for a good 6 hours until it starts to subtly fade & it doesn't smudge really.

I will continue to use & buy this for my waterline as its the best eyeliner I've found so far for that specific purpose. It looks really uniform & not smudgy or streaky. I only gave it a 4 rating due to the fact it isn't totally waterproof but other than that its perfect. (Tip: store this glass side facing up & make sure to always close it very tightly when not using it & store it room temp.)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by middy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely dark color, creamy consistency, and doesn't transfer onto my eyelid! I use my own angled brush, but the one it comes with isn't too bad. It's a little hard to wash off but that also means it'll stay on all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by SHADADYL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this eyeliner ..its very creamy and DARK!!! prefer this over MAC blacktrack

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Love this. It's a creamy consistency that stays. The brush that comes with it is great- it has enough substance to hold the product but soft enough to glide it on. It's black-black.
I much prefer this versus eye pencils that I have to drag on my delicate periorbital skin. This isn't too great for creating a "cat-eye" swoop- I leave that to the liquid liners, but it's great for general lining.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by batyah

I usually buy stuff based on the reviews on here, and am disappointed. I must have weird skin or hair lol but this eyeliner is AMAZING! You can make it a thin line or smudge it with a q tip for a smokey look. It does not come off. I do not know how they do it, but give this a try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by zoesaysno

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have super oily lids. I was that girl that had raccoon eyes after 20 minutes of applying any eyeliner even with primer and bases. Pencil or Liquid. It would smear and transfer into my crease and/or smear right under my eye. It was a horrible mess. I heard this was a great alternative to MAC's black track.

I was able to wear this all day, even in the rain.

It's super black. It's creamy and you don't need much product. It comes with a tiny brush. My eyes are a little sensitive but as long as you clean the brush before you use it, it won't become hard and get flakes in your eyes. It's perfect for lining your waterline or in my case, fill in my top waterline to give the appearance of fuller lashes. (I have trich, I pull eyelashes :( )

I also have watery eyes. I rub my eyes a lot.
This product stays put.

It's difficult to remove if you mess up or want it off. You'll need a cleanser but this is a perfect liner for those will oily lids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in the minority when it comes to this liner, but I really like this as an alternative to my Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner. It's black and it dries almost matte. I absolutely hate shiny liner. When I need extra staying power, I pack on black shadow on top, but I hardly ever need to do this. I find the staying power to be pretty excellent my lids. Though to be fair, I have normal skin and always use a primer. I am on my 2nd jar. I had to replace mine after a year and half. The jar was not done yet. It does dry out pretty quickly since you don't need a lot of this. But it's something I will live it and will continue to buy since it's a lot cheaper than BB's liner. I use an angled or flat liner, not the brush that comes with it, which is too thick and hard imo for delicate eye area. Retailed for about $11.99 at Walgreens.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by lizeth28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well heres the thing if you DONT want to pay for MAC's fluid line in black track this is a good alternative the thing is .., it does get try after a few months . I have used this product n it stays on well with primer n if you want to make it last even longer set it with a black matted eye shadow, i use carbon by mac to set it n it stays all day. I own it in black n brown the black one is my second one because like i said.., it does get try no matter what n the product does not apply as smooth making you loose all control also DO NOT use the useless brush it comes with youll only hurt the delicate eye area needles to say i wont be buying it again will finally give in n buy the mac one see if its any better. Hope this helps.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by jojo4848

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really regret buying this! If you want any control over where your eyeliner goes on your eyelid don't buy this eyeliner! The brush goes everywhere... I probably spent about about 20-25 minutes trying to perfect the eyeliner after I put it on because its so damn thick. This eyeliner was also wayyy too expensive for all that it is.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by missxlkt

i dont really like this gel liner . after a while it didnt apply so smoothly so yeah . i wish the color was darker too . it was great at first but after a while it just didnt work out for me .