October 25, 2014 | 1472 users online

Hair Treatments - Neutrogena - T/Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2006 6:52:00 AM More reviews by palmst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have an oily scalp which gets that horrible "oily smell" during the course of the day, making it necessary to wash my hair everyday. This fantastic product fixed the problem the first time I used it. I now use it once a week as a "treatment" and it keeps the oily scalp away. Agree it smells awful, but if I follow with my regular shampoo & conditioner, its fine. I wish I had come across this years ago!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2006 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Dancer6978

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have psoriasis, but this doesn't work at all on my scalp. I use the extra-strength kind. I don't mind the smell of the shampoo or the texture of my hair; those don't bother me at all. However, this is strong enough only for people who have mild conditions. I use it when I am out of my Rx medication, but I have found that it doesn't do much, so I won't buy it again. For those of you with serious problem scalp, don't bother. Just get a Rx shampoo from your doc.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

This shampoo didnt work for me. I much prefer the Nizoral shampoo. This did nothing to get rid of my stubborn itching. Smells horrible and doesnt lather well either. Retails for $12 for 16 oz. Nothing special here.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Works quite well. Clears up dry scalp/ oily hair dandruff very well. Helps to balance the oily hair with the dry scalp.

Can turn your hair a little dark, does leave a tar deposit.

Update- I seem to be resistant to this now. Hope that in the future my dermatitis will respond to it, selenium sulfide smells even worse than tar.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2006 6:25:00 AM More reviews by elialu

This shampoo might help heal your scalp but you will end up not being able to run your comb thru your dried out hair. Plus, your head will smell like a tire.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2006 5:08:00 AM More reviews by ingad

The maain ingredient COAL TAR is known to cause cancer! be aware and simple try gentle shampoos - it does help with dandruff.
Aubrey organics, J/A/S/O/N jojoba shampoo , Nature gate's tea tree are great and does calm you scalf!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2005 4:09:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Neutrogena T/Gel, you smell like stale mothballs, but you make my scalp stop itching...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2005 3:02:00 PM More reviews by quandarical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yeah so I guess it works and all, but can't they add some overpowering artificial scent so that MY HAIR DOESN'T SMELL LIKE A TIRE????

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2005 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Cantatrice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have psoriasis, and my scalp sometimes becomes crazy red and flaky. I have tried everything, spending big bucks on things that promises to do miracles - but in vain. I have also tried other brands with coal tar in them, but they weren't as effective. Getting T-Gel isn't easy at where I live, but I tell you it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by chelleywhite

I use the T-Gel Therapeutic Shampoo and it is the only shampoo that has cleared my scalp psoriasis COMPLETELY after just two weeks' use (and I've had the condition for 14 years). It is my HG shampoo and I will not be without it. I've tried Polytar, Head and Shoulders and Aveda Scalp Treatment. Nothing works, only T-Gel.
I use this as a bodywash too (with a couple of handfuls of dead sea salts in the bath water). I rinse off with fresh, tepid water and apply Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula or Garnier body cream afterwards and the psoriasis on my body has now virtually all gone - AMAZING. After all my trips to the hospital and countless prescription and non-prescription treatments I've found my "cure" - Thank you Neutrogena!!