November 27, 2014 | 1401 users online

Fragrances - Marc Jacobs - Daisy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I know Marc Jacobs Daisy EDT is a very popular fragrance among young women, and I have read rave reviews galore , but for me, Daisy is just kind of bland and wishy-washy. It just doesn't do it for me, but I'm not really sure why.

Here are the notes, per Sephora.com: Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Gardenia, Violet Petals, Jasmine Petals, Musk, Vanilla, White Woods.

My EDT is strong & lasts well -- I have to spray carefully -- but I don't find the scent itself to be particularly pretty or sensuous. Chance Eau Fraiche and Bond No 9 Madison Square Park have similar fruity-floral scents, but I think each of them smells better than Daisy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by JenifferC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my favorite scent! so light and such a fresh scent i absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Ejaneeeeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Daisy is my fav perfume ever, it's so feminine, delicate and light!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sunkissedglitter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the rollerball for $20 at Sephora. My cousin wore it and it smelled good on her, it smelled good when I sampled it, so there we go.

According to Sephora:
"Notes: Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Gardenia, Violet Petals, Jasmine Petals, Musk, Vanilla, White Woods.
Style: Bright. Alluring. Eternal."

Personally, I don't smell any vanilla, strawberry, or grapefruit. Actually, I don't smell any of the notes at all. I can't really describe what it smells like; I suck at that. It does lack originality- I feel like Daisy is overworn by most people, but it does smell good. I mean, there's a reason it's a favorite among so many people. I wear it as a spring/summer scent.

The lasting power's pretty good- I put it on before swim practice one day and even after almost 2 hours in chlorine I could still smell it. It smells very sharp on me though, not sure if I like that.

The rollerball is pretty, that much I can say. Overall, not really impressed. I wouldn't repurchase, and I'd gladly swap this for another scent. But it wasn't horrible. Just...average. Maybe it smells less sharp on someone else?

I did get compliments on it though- someone was like, "That smells good! You'll get all the guys if you keep on wearing that."

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Doga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been finishing the third bottle and will buy the fourth.

This scent is "me". It is not too sweet, I would describe it as calm, round, tender, developing slowly. On me it is the light "oh, something smell nice here?" tone, nothing prominent.

I use if everyday for work. For evening I prefere something more accentuate, currently J´adore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by cobblest

Favorite fragnence

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by MyDearSophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really, really wanted to love this considering that it was not very cheap, but I just couldn’t. I had narrowed down my choices to this and Ralph Lauren Romance (which lasts for an extremly long time) but in the end Romance was a little too powdery for my own personal taste and I chose Daisy. I had been searching for a good Spring time scent and thought this light, floral, soapy scent would work perfectly but I got it home and put it on straight out of the shower, still thought it smelled great but within five minutes of spraying it, I couldn’t smell anything and neither could anyone else who didn’t have their face nuzzled in my neck, since I applied this behind my ears. So, scent wise, it’s great for ( only if you’re very young though, I’d say under the age of twenty) but this will not stick around for very long at all on most, I’ve had many of my friends try it and they all say the same thing. So for me, the two minutes of smelling fresh just wasn‘t worth the bother, but if you’re young, are looking for something light and clean and have some kind of magic trick that’ll make this stick around I would recommend it because the smell is very nice, but otherwise, I can’t see this being worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by rosagarcia163

Uhm, ok the thing I dont like about this perfume is that it is to simple and fruity. Not so fruity that you get diabetes, but frutiy enough to think " Yea ive smelled this before 100 times" I find that all the marc jacobs perfumes besides dot have the same tropical every day easy wear apeal. If you are not complicated and just generally enjoy name brand scents i guess you will like this one

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Electronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Such a lovely fresh smell, to bad my body seems to eat it no matter how much I spray, it fades :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

At first, I really loved this perfume. But I noticed it smelled a lot more like soap than flowers. I still use it. Especially during the spring and summer. I just wishhhh it had staying power. It doesn't, and that's a major flaw for me.