September 2, 2014 | 1869 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't believe it works best when applying directly onto the skin, but I do make sure getting the nutrients from lemon juice daily as part of my healthy diet. When you are healthy inside, that how you look your best outside. I mix some lemon juice with honey into a glass of warm water and drink it every morning which helps to warm and clean up my stomach and digestive system before breakfast, also I squash some lemon juice into a cup of warm water and drink it before each meal, which helps detoxifing my body and better digesting the food which it's crucial for weight lose and staying fit. I also add some to my salad together with extra virgin olive oil, organic apple cider vinegar and sea salt. The vitamin C inside of the lemon juice helps improve the skin condition better when you take it inside of your body rather than applying directly onto the skin.

However, I love lemon juice as an extremely effective eye drop. I know I know there are a million people agree on never using lemon juice as an eye drop because the citric acid causes serious burning sensation, but in my case, it works way better than any drug store eye drops I tried. I'm experiencing seasonal allergy and getting serious itchy eyes, I tried to use the drug store eye drop (suppose to treat allergy) and it made my eyes feel even itchier :((( Now I mix 50% lemon juice and 50% distilled water and use a Q-tip to dip some into my eyes, after about 10 seconds of burning sensation, my eyes stop feeling itchy, appears less red and feel well moisturised, and it stays effective for hours.

The truth is the citric acid in lemon juice does cause serious burning sensation (which you should always mix it with purified or distilled water to use as an eye drop), but it is also used widely as an active ingredient in the medical eye drops as well as the vitamin C in lemon juice. I don't see the burning sensation from natural citric acid will harm you in any way more than the poisoning chemicals used in the medical eye drops (which is why the doctors always suggest to limit the application of eye drops). This is how I stay away from the allergy symptom of my eyes ( I'm not interested to take harmful medications unless it's getting serious), also for my eyes to avoid redness and stay bright healthy. If you are ok to apply those poisoning chemical ingredients into your eyes, you should have no problem to try it in the natural way. The burning sensation from the lemon juice and water mixture is nothing an adult can not handle and its harmless, period!

Tips, our skin is different from our eyes and inside of our body so it requires different nutrients to stay healthy, so for those who want to treat acne, try to use tea tree oil on the spots day and night, it works better as an anti-bacteria treatment than lemon juice and harmless when using on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Aleemabak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Works great for fading acne scars and evening out skintone.

Only thing is should use 1-2 a WEEK, or else it will dry up skin.

I apply it directly to my face with a cotton ball and I do not mix anything with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by csample

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I mix lemon juice with water, witch hazel, and a small amount of sunflower/grapeseed oil for a toner. I have been using this all year and I have seen the most improvement in my skin! I am happy with the texture of my skin and any zits that pop up come and go in 1 or 2 days. The thing I am battling most though is redness and while there is no quick fix it seems like every week it gets better and better! I put my skin through SO much torture trying to get rid of acne through high school and some college that my skin is still repairing from that and finally becoming normal again. This has done great things for my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by preciousking

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to pay for expensive products, until I finally realized that the cost, marketing and the chemicals that go into it weren't benefiting me. That's why I am so happy that I am now taking the natural approach to beauty. The reviews are correct! Try Fresh Lemon Juice. Soo many uses for it. If applied to face like a toner, it acts as a light "chemical peel". But don't just stop there, drink it! Alkalizing, it's great to detox the liver and rid your body of acne causing residue.

Here’s are some really good tips on Lemons for Body & Acne:

Hurray for Lemons!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have begun occasionally using lemon juice from a small freshly cut wedge of lemon in my skincare.

a) On my face as a toner in the evening (once every second week) and to lighten hyperpigmentation.
b) On stretch marks, with cocoa butter or grapeseed oil rubbed in afterwards.

Within a week I noticed positive results in the fading of hyperpigmentation and especially on stretch marks. It can sting at first when applied to the face, so rinse off after a short period and apply moisturiser directly afterward. Avoid sun exposure when using lemon juice, and use only in the evenings. Lemon juice is very acidic and can be harsh on the skin so as with all products, it's best to do a small patch test 24-48 hours before going ahead with full use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by acnepimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great reviews about Lemon Juice for acne.

There's another interesting article about the properties of lemons and how they can help acne through other methods, you can check it out here: http://acne-pimples.net/populartreatments/lemon-juice-for-acne-natural-treatment/

One thing to remember though is that if lemon juice lightens skin, it's only temporarily, lemons alone should not be able to do any lasting harm. Enjoy!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate to be a voice of dissent. I really wanted this to work. I've dealt with acne for almost 20 years... the only thing that ever cleared it up completely was birth control pills. I read dozens of reviews here and elsewhere about lemon juice helping with acne and leftover scarring, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I started the first night by dabbing on fresh squeezed lemon juice with a Q-tip on existing pimples and some scars. Went to bed. No changes the next morning (either positive or negative). The following night, I decided to use a cotton ball and apply lemon juice to my entire chin (my biggest problem area with breakouts), as well as parts of my forehead and the sides of my nose and mouth. I did this for an additional three nights. It did not help existing breakouts or scarring whatsoever... but I did get a lot of new breakouts everywhere that I applied lemon juice, even in areas that I don't normally get them.

I had no problems with stinging or redness, so I don't think diluting the lemon juice would help any (though I know that many apply it that way). I just don't think the lemon juice agrees with me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have redish brown hair and I love using lemon juice in my hair to lighten my hair and it removes some of the brown and makes it more red with8ut irritating my scalp. I haven't tried using it as a toner and have never heard of it until now but I defiantly will

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by poemaXX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lemon juice/oil/extract (along with citrus oils in general) is phototoxic and should not be used on skin. Period.

For more info on lemons and phototoxicity, see the following:
****Excerpt: Diagnosis: Phytophotodermatitis
"This case represents a phototoxic reaction that occurred due to the combined exposure of the patient to lemons, lemon juice and subsequent sunlight. Phytophotodermatitis (PPD) is an inflammatory eruption that occurs when the skin comes in contact with a photosensitizer and is subsequently exposed to radiation. The photosensitizer is the pigment furocoumarin, a lipid-soluble 8-methoxypsoralen.1 This pigment is found in various plants and vegetables, including celery,2-5 *******limes and lemons*******,6-10 figs,11,12 citrus fruits,13,14 parsley,15 sagebrush, goldenrod, chrysanthemum, ragweed and cocklebur.16"

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I first heard about lemon juice as an acne treatment on tv. There was a dermatologist speaking and she was saying that this is the best chemical peeling you can do. At first I was reluctant because I have very sensitive skin and I was worrying about all the acids lemon contains. I decided to search it online and came across the reviews here ( MUA has reviews about everything!!!!!).
After all the comments I read here I decided to give it a try. And it worked.! I squeezed half a lemon in a bowl. Then I took a cotton ball,dabbed it on the lemon juice and then applied to my face.Well yes it stings ( a lot) for like 15 minutes. Then it's okay but feels a bit sticky. I left it overnight and when I woke up my face was brighter and much clearer!! And I also noticed an improvement on my scars.
My acne hasn't cleared up completely but I guess you have to be constant with using it. I use it about 5 times a week. I love applying lemon juice to my face because the smell is so energising and I even squeeze some of it in water with ice and drink it!
I think if you are ambivalent about it you should definitely say yes and give it a try!:)
Also,if you are going out the next day make sure you USE SUNSCREEN because lemon can cause some sort of sensitivity to sunlight . I personally use Avene Cleanance Solaire SPF 30.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No