OPI Russian Navy

4.6

on 11/2/2011 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just bought this shade. When did the Russian collection come out? 2007? This is one of the only shades OPI kept in the line. I already own Vodka & Caviar. It appears to be an unusual navy. Somewhere between midnight purple and deep navy. I see a subtle purple shimmer. I'm sure it won't show on nails, but that's my observation. I've never owned a navy or many blue polishes because they were not quite chic enough for my taste. This changed my mind. I haven't worn it yet, but someone mentioned the purple and subtle shimmer won't show up. Ugh, that is a letdown. I thought the purple tone would add something to it. I'll keep it if it wears for a long time. Update: This polish requires that cuticles are very well taken care of. I had to use a cuticle gel to get them cleaner, and you would probably benefit from a basecoat or ridge filler polish. The blue does stain around cuticles and the edges, so you have to be precise.

on 10/10/2011 9:13:00 AM

Lovely thick smooth formula, opaque in only 2 coats. This is a dark navy blue; obviously blue and not black.

on 8/4/2011 10:45:00 PM

LOVE this color. I've been using it for the last few years and I always get compliments. It looks black, but under certain lights you can see the pretty shimmery midnight blue color coming through. It's very funky, yet it can also look very chic.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This blue is very pretty on, very dark but you can still tell that it is blue and not black. It does have some shimmer which I like.

on 7/18/2011 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

None of the pictures I've seen do this polish justice, IMO; it is much more multichromatic than it appears online. I didn't really understand the hype until I saw it in person. It is a dark navy with bits of pink and purple shimmer. I prefer one layer because it looks the most iridescent that way.

I only gave it three stars because I find the packaging quite misleading. Due to its appearance in the jar, I thought it would be a purplish-blue, but in reality it is a dark navy. I was disappointed by this because it seemed a bit like false advertising. OPI Ink is an excellent color if you're looking for something more purple.

on 7/11/2011 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Oh I am not even the kind of person who likes blue nails (or green or yellow), but this is simply to die for! Such a deep, sensual color. Is wonderful with crackle, as it peers through the "cracks" like a dark mysterious ocean. It makes me feel sexy and enchanting. I am soooo happy I gave this one a try! LOVE!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Russian Navy is a deep navy shimmer nail polish. On me it takes on that great navy shade. I know that it looks black on others. This be one of my signature Fall/Winter 2011 nail colors. It's daring yet very classy. It could even be work appropriate if your office is not super conservative.
Also, Midnight Cami by Essie is a great dupe!

on 6/22/2011 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am not crazy about the color blue so I was hesitant on getting this color until I saw a Co worker wearing it and picked it up that day.its a beautiful dark blue. I love it. A mush have in my collection

on 5/18/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is definitely a Must have, between Russian Navy or You Gotta Get this Blue...

Very classic mysterious blue. When worn, looks almost black but when the sun hits, it's kissed with shimmer and duochrome. Little flecks of lighter Navy for dimension.

Really cool nail polish for all year around.

on 5/7/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Sexy classic dark navy blue. It's a trendy modern shade that can replace your typical black. It's def a fav OPI shade for me.

Popular Polishes