April 18, 2014 | 1561 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Groundwork

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is one of my most used paintpots and I have several of them. It's a great everyday base for neutral eyes. I've also used it alone on days where I just wanted a little bit of something on my eyes. It's actually only a shade darker than my natural color right now (NC30-35ish).

It's very similar to Bobbi Brown cream shadow in Stone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by melina87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was recommended this product by MAC staff when I went to the store to look for a new primer. I used Urban Decay and Too faced eye primer previously but I couldnt find them anywhere in my country so I decided to check out MAC for something similar.
Its very creamy and easy to apply on lids (I use my finger tip to apply).
The lady at the store told me to apply powder eye shadow on top straight away before it dries to make the eyeshadow stay on longer.
I tried both on my hand and it's true, the shadow stays longer and the colour is different aswell if you apply the powder shadow on top of this cream shadow while its still wet.
I have asian skin (fair) and I found this colour a little bit too dark for my lids, but I would buy another one in different colour if they have any lighter ones. Overall its an okay product. Container is cute too:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

I bought this for when I want to have a little something on my lids with zero effort, or when I have zero time but I still don't wanna go out looking like a mole. It works wonderfully for that purpose. I'd always considered it too warm and therefore stayed away from it for fear of it making me look tired or sickly, but after seeing Lisa Eldridge on Youtube, whose coloring is the same as mine, put it on with no casualties, I figured why not. And she was right to use it, my fears were false. It doesn't make my eyes look irritated, it just adds a little bit of warm definition - something almost undetectable but with quite an impact. For reference I'm NC25 and this pale bronzy color is just slightly darker than my skintone - not too much, just enough. I've also used it as a base for eye makeup, which is often what paint pots are used for, and the eyeshadow stayed on fine, although the outcome was far less impressive than when I use my regular base (Mac paint in "Untitled") underneath. This doesn't intensify the color by any means, it just helps prevent creasing, if the eyeshadow is one to cooperate. A rather unique use I've found for it lately though, is that of a cream bronzer! Since summer hasn't really kicked in and I'm not tan yet, it shows up really good on my skin, warming it up while adding the teeniest bit of sheen to the cheeks or wherever applied. This is barely noticable, what's more apparent is the color, which blends into the skin beautifully without hanging onto dry patches like some powder bronzers do. I'll never use it up by just wearing it on my lids every now and then anyway, so why not make the most out of it. Dunno wether I'd repurchase cuz I don't find it a staple, but I do have a positive impression.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

Oh what a love affair i'm having with this paint pot!!! I bought it last weekend and i've worn it every single day. I started on the paint pot train with painterly, but being a tan individual I have to put color over painterly, BUT I can wear this alone!!!! Love it.... lasts all day even though I have oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

I was looking for a matte cream eyeshadow base and this is IT. In the pot, it reminds of MAC's Wedge (but a bit darker). When applied, it looks like a sheer wash of MAC's Cork or Soba. I like to use this as a base for my lighter brown eyeshadows where the pigmentation is not strong. It really grabs the ES and brings out the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my, got this in a swap thinking, "eh, I'll try it since this color has been around awhile and I need to try more PP colors." Well, was I surprised. This looks blah to me in the pot and even when I put it on by itself it's nothing special. However, I LOVE using MAC Grain as an all over color for my neutral days (which are most) and Groundwork is PERFECT underneath. It adds more dimension to the Grain that my Lorac BTS just doesn't. I still love my BTS, my favorite primer overall, but it was so nice to find a perfect match for Grain. If it wasn't for the perfect combo with Grain and Groundwork, I would never think about buying this. But I love this new combo so much, I gotta get it when I run out. I'm sure this would work with many other brown"ish" shades too, but I haven't tried any others yet, lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by mmg0091

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

great color, keeps my cheap eyeshadows from creasing. No complaints, its a little costly though, you don't need much product to get the job done, so i imagine this will last me for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by chinablaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect for any neutral look. Worn alone or as a base. I love this paint pot!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by jessicatala97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE it! I wear a lot of neutral browns and this is my go to base, its a beautiful on any skin tone, and it compliments the brown shadow wonderfully :] These things last a long time, so its definitley worth your money!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Excellent product. I use it by itself for a polished "office day look" (with a little bit of eye pencil), during the weekend by itself for a more casual look (great also if you play golf as it does not move) and as a base if I want a more dramatic evening look. The colour is not bland (a warm brown with slight shimmer - no glitter). It does not crease, lasts all day and it is very easy to apply (I use a Mac 217). It lasts ages and, compared to other brands, it is very affordable. A pot lasts me about 8 months (with heavy use).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No