MAC Lipglass in Lychee Luxe

4.1

on 4/29/2009 11:53:00 AM

Gorgeous colour!!!

I was kind of scared to use this at first, as I usually stick with basic pinks and this looekd pretty dark and reddish-orange in the tube. I am slowly trying other colours and I am soooo happy I ordered this. Also, I am fairly pale, so I was worried that it would be too much colour for me - boy was I wrong :)

On me, this is a very nice, somewhat opaque, pinkish-red coral colour with very fine shimmery gold. I don't pull orange or peach with this like some of the other reviewers. I seem to get more of a red tint to it, but not an overwhelming red or anything like that.

This looks great on its own, but looks even better paired with MAC Blow Dry Lustre l/s. I use Gosh Peach Pearl Lip liner before I put on Blow Dry (matches well). This is a great spring/summer colour, especially nice when combined as above.

The lipglass is of course, a bit sticky, but lasted a surprisingly long time on my lips. It has a nice shine (not ott), and feels really nice on.

This colour really warmed up my fair skin, and I received many compliments when I wore this out the other day. My hair has hints of auburn in it now (due to the sun), and this went really well with my hair colour.

I have to hide this one, as my teen daughter has been trying to get her mitts on it!

For reference: NW15, blue eyes, med. auburnish-brown hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my ultimate favorite lipglass!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I purchased Lychee Luxe from M.A.C on line so I did not swatch in person and should have known better. I've worn this L/G a total of two times and hated it so much that I removed it each time. It looked like I'd been sucking on vinegar and then smeared coral/pink elmer's glue on top. Not cute! Thankfully, I can return this product to my local M.A.C counter! No shipping costs and I can exchange it for Nymphette or Viva Glam L/G. The only coral shade that is flattering to my complexion (MAC- NC45 / Bobbi Brown- Golden ) is a coral Lip Gloss by Revlon (Super Lustrous L/G)...the name of the shade eludes me now.

To be fair, this probably didn't look good on me because of my complexion but I don't see how this would look good on any complexion. It's a matter of color preferences/tastes...I guess.

on 12/21/2008 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The only way I can wear this shade is if I tone it down with a lighter one. It just is not flattering on me because of the cool undertones in my skin. The coral shade seems to emphasize the pink in my skin. It is also pretty bright. This would look great on darker skins, especially olive-toned.

on 11/30/2008 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've read reviews and recommendations for this, and most have said that this is one of the most universally flattering lip colors available, but I guess I'm one of the few who will disagree. I love how lipglasses in general stay on longer than most lipglosses do, however, this color just doesn't fit me. I look more yellow than usual and it looks out of place with my coloring. Sure it stands out, but not in the way I want it to. I feel the need to mix it with others to make it work. I'm not giving up on it yet though. I'm saving it for summer (April/May over here), hopefully it works out for me then!

on 10/26/2008 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Honestly, it is not something I would buy again, but it was a good experience using this color. I got it in a gift set, which is a great way to test-drive MAC glosses, in my opinion. This shade is a very bright pink, which is typically, my taste. However, this has slight orange undertones that I am not too thrilled about. The shine in it was pretty though. Although this lip gloss looked quite nice, it did not blow me away.

on 10/23/2008 10:01:00 PM

This color is great, and it works very well, (with my Asian skin-tone.)
Even though it looks bright in the tube, it's surprisingly wearable.

The color just does nothing for me. I am convinced I will never find a coral to work! It's a very rich coral with a strong peach tone. It wasn't awful on me but I just felt uncomfortable wearing it because it made my skintone seem redder. The texture as with all MAC lipglasses is far too tacky for my liking and the staying power as usual is just about an hour for me. Scent and smell, a delicious vanilla like all lipglasses!

on 10/14/2008 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this lipglass over 5 years ago and I continue to buy it when I run out. It looks bright in the tube, but it turns out to be a nice coral color thats warm enough not to be bright.

on 10/11/2008 11:00:00 AM

I love this lipglass. I normally tend to shy away from bright-coloured lip products but this one's a winner. I decided to try it due to the great reviews here on MUA. I wore it all the time during the summer and it literally brightens up my face. Now I wear it every time I do a very subdued eye. Truly one of my favourites!

Recommended for Medium Skin