September 2, 2014 | 927 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Olay - Definity Eye Illuminator

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by MsX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the illuminating factor of this eye cream and it did brighten my eye area a bit, but it didn't do anything for fine lines, which is strange since the Definity line is intended for women in their 30/40s and i'm in my 20s. If all you need is a little highlighting, you may like this one, but for dark circles and fine lines, I don't think this measures up.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by lkjhg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't have a P&G axe to grind - I like a lot of Olay products. But I dislike this. As its main selling point seems to be minimising dark circles, I figure it's a "day" eye cream and should therefore have been formulated to work under makeup. But none of the four concealers I've tried with it have gone on smoothly - they all ball up and stop covering anything. I could use it as a night cream - but it's not moisturizing, just leaves my eye area rough. For what it does, it's expensive, and also overpackaged. Olay just doesn't seem to be able to bring out a good eye product; Total Effects was bad too; Regenerist serum the (relative) best of the three.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 6:43:00 AM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I got suckered in by the pump and the swirly gel, I guess. This product is non irritating but that's not really all that special. I didn't see any improvement in texture and I don't have much discoloration. It's just too expensive for the paltry benefit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The product has made an improvement in my dark circles but not so much in my fine lines. However, the ingredient used to immediately brighten the area can get flaky and look like little sparkles around the eye after I've put makeup on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Boodababe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many products trying to conceal my dark circles. This product is so great, I no longer have to use concealer. The illumination is very flattering. Love this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 3:12:00 AM More reviews by dianaelaine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been very helpful in minimizing the dark circles under my eyes. $30 seems expensive for a drug store product, but compared to similar products on the market it is a great deal.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by lvc80

While I wasn't blown away by this product it did a pretty fair job lightening my dark circles. It doesn't really moisturize that well and my makeup looks "creased" under my eye because of it. I would love if they would make another version of this that was richer-I would buy that for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by sherylsm

As a previous reviewer indicated, I too am "cautiously optimistic" since I've only used this product for a short time, but so far so good! I have a fair complexion & can't count the number of products I've tried over the years for my dark under eye circles. I like this product because so far it has done for me what I read it would, it stated the "mica will brighten eyes immediately, while the glucosamine fades the circles over time". Since I haven't used it for an extended period of time yet, I can't say what the long term results will be, but so far I like it. I have very sensitive eyes & many eye creams cause them to water & itch, but I haven't experienced any problem with this cream. I also like the way it absorbs into my skin rather that sitting on top like other oily products I've tried in the past. For a drug store product I thought it was pricey at $27.99 (Walgreens), but if it works long term it's well worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by MissTorg

Overall, I have been dissatisfied with this product. I don't feel that it moisturizes the eye area very well, and most frustratingly, it balls up after application and my makeup balls up when I try to apply it over it. Won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by prcdnvl28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A little of this product goes a long way, so though expensive, it does last quite a long time. Because I have milk chocolate colored skin, I absolutely cannot use this product during the day or it looks disturbingly unnatural. Instead, I use it at night (with Hope in a Tube layered on top); I consider this to be more of a treatment product than a moisturizing product. I do not have puffiness or wrinkles around my eyes, but I do have dark circles. I am 32 years old; I just purchased my second Eye Illuminator and have seen very good results as a result of using this product.