December 17, 2014 | 1747 users online

Brows - Bare Escentuals - Eye Brow powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by drbenzene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. I've never used a brow pencil or powder before because I decided that I needed something to fill in my dark thick eyebrows because they were looking sparse. I already use Bare Minerals make up and decided to try their brow powder. I was nervous because 1) I have really dark eyebrows and I wasn't sure if the brunette color would work for me and 2) I didn't want it to look like I was filling in my brows. Well it's a fantastic product!!! The powder looks so natural I can't even tell that I'm using it...it almost looks as if it's thickening my eyebrow hairs rather than just filling them in. It's pretty easy to use and blends very well. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by celesteakabeaddict

I love this product!! I have been using it for about a year and have no complaints. You only use a little bit, the powder applies easily, lasts all day, and looks more natural than any other brow product that I have used. If you make a mistake, you just swipe the powder off with a Q-tip. I follow up by brushing a sheer film of butter yellow powder above the brow - really makes the brows POP!! I use Zest of One Lemon from The She Space.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by priscillawong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have thin, light brows so I decided to use something that could darken and enhance my eyebrows. I have black hair so I use the darkest color available, the brunette color. The packaging is a bit messy but the product works really well. It gives me a very natural look, nothing too harsh like pencils and it lasts all day! I can tell this product is going to last me a long time because I use very little in each application. Thank you BE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got Auburn since I dye my hair the same color and black eyelined brows just dont look right. I've had this brow powder for a little bit over 8 months now and still have barely made a dent in how much I've used. If it was sanitary and makeup didnt expire this could probably last me over 5 years! LoL. Looks awesome and natural without that fake drawn on look that pencil can make. I've been drawling on half my brows for years now- by choice- because I like high arches, sadly nature did not bless me with. I use NYX black eye pencil first and then this powder. The 2 combined give me a rich dark auburn color. Very pigmented- worth the few bucks because you get a ton, I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by jennipenni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this item in a swap -- and let me tell you, it is excellent! I have used several different eyebrow powders and pencils and this is easily the best. I have the brunette shade, which is perfect for my eyebrow color. It looks so natural. I use a regular angled eyebrow brush and it takes me maybe a minute to do both eyebrows. There is no fall-out. I don't even need to run a spooly brush through them or set them with wax or gel -- the color just stays all day without fading or smudging! When it comes to washing off my makeup at night, this removes cleanly and quickly. I will certainly repurchase whenever I run out, but that will not be for a long time because there is enough product in one pot to last well over a year, possibly more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by karen2829

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Dark Blonde/ Medium Brown. This has an ash base which is perfect for my complexion. I have very thin eyebrows so I first shape with my Milani pencil then I fill in with this powder.. Last all day !! One good thing to know.. is that this container will last you MONTHS !! Alittle goes a long way. For 11 bucks you can't beat it !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Manna_from_skies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product because the colour (ash blonde) is perfect for me and it gives me so natural filling not looking ridiculously *shaped*. My face suffers a great asymmetry which is also reflected in the brows and this is a life-saver

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 7:03:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in pale ash blonde. The color of this is awesome when I swipe this on my hand. Its a pale ash blonde. I apply this lightly with smashbox angle eyebrow brush and its a nice color. I just don't understand how it can look so light and then on my brows it looks a lot darker like a taupe color. Maybe its just my brows mixing with the color of the product? I don't think I'm applying this too heavy handed! This lasts all day and does look natural. You get a ton of product for I think I payed 12 dollars. I put I wouldn't buy this product again because you get so much I won't need to forever. This is probably my second favorite eyebrow filler.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

This brow color (brunette) is the perfect color for girls with black hair. If raven-haired girls like myself try to use browns in our eyebrows, we end up with brows that look "red"... not cute. For some reason you need a pigment with some "ashyness" in it. Yeah I said it... ashyness. sounds crazy right? before i used this B.E. brow color, i was using a dark brown shade to fill my brows, and i could never figure out why my brows looked slightly reddish in photos. I came across this product and immediately noticed the difference. It is so natural that it looks like I was born with amazing eyebrows. I will never go back to that brown shade again! This B.E. brow color comes in a tiny jar with a sifter. I'm not crazy about the packaging because the jar is so small... but the quality of the product is great so I don't mind. I didn't need much product so the jar will probably last a long while.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by joyacchen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Brunette, which is WAY WAY too dark for me. I have black hair as well, but the powder was way too much of a flat ashy dark, almost charcoal gray to look natural. I looked like Groucho Marx.

The formula itself seems like it's probably pretty good, but since the color was so off, I didn't really get a chance to wear it very long since I pretty much took it off right away. The other colors might be a better match for others, but unless you have raven hair, this might not be the best for you.

Aside from the usual BE non-travel-friendly packaging, this container does come with a sifter, which is way better than not having one, which is how I heard the old packaging was.