November 28, 2014 | 1896 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I live MAC paintpots because they last forever on me! These are my first eye primers and eye bases a few years ago and when I lost my tan, I switched from Rubenesque to this. I find this really creamy and blendable. The color is a bit more golden compared to Stila Kitten Smudge Pot and Barely Beige Maybelline color Tattoo. Too be honest this is my favorite from the lot. A regular in my everyday makeup routine at the same time great just on its own.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Kiwistace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have always loved MAC paintpots but for me this one is only good as a brow bone highlighter. I find it very oily compared to painterly and it doesn't last like the others do. Dissappears into my skin tone (nw15) so need to put shadow on top which is a shame because I really wanted to wear it on its on as a natural daytime look. Looks good on the inner corner of the eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by NewLookBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This comes in a little pot good spot Jacie with a heavy glass bottom. Its so cute and classical MAC packaging, If there was one issue or negative with this product, its that the pot is a little tough to dig into and gets a little unhygienic after a while. In terms of longevity, this will last all day if you use a primer underneath. I applied this at 7.30am on Wednesday and, by 10pm when I got home, and after a delightful French dinner, it was still valiantly in place, with no fading. Without a primer, it will fade and crease pretty quickly. Would I repurchase?
If I ever get through the ones I have (they last forever), most definitely. One of the most versatile products from MAC and totally worth the kudos.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by staceyalberta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I have oily skin, and do find I need to put a primer under it, but then it will last all day. I've worn it both as a stand alone eyeshadow, plus I've used it as a base, and I'm happy with it as both.

Just on the side I have also used this as a base for the MAC pigment I have gold, and it works wonders for that. I have also used this as a base for the NYX loose glitter, and is great there as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I have mixed feelings about this product. It's great as a primer; it keeps shadows from creasing and makes my eye makeup last the whole day. I know a lot of people can use this as a shadow by itself as it does have a tint. I cannot do that as it is really too frosty and cool toned for my skin tone (NC20-25, yellow toned, half asian).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by XOXBunniezzXOX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This was the first MAC paint pot I ever bought, much less say the first MAC product I ever bought. It's super creamy, and I have horribly oily eyelids, but this seems to have not creased on me, considering that I did not wear any primer underneath. The colour is absolutely gorgeous, a shimmery champagne colour. I think it makes you look bright and awake. The price isn't that bad, so if you are willing to buy it, you totally should.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really pretty shimmery neutral color. I have mac paint pots in bare study, groundwork, and a purple blackish color I forgot the name of. I love the packaging and the formula of mac's paint pots. I don't like using my fingers to apply any kind of makeup except primer but I find these go on best if you use your ring finger. They are super creamy but they don't necesarily stay all day unless you use a eyelid primer. Also these crease on me badly but I can't blame them because my lids are oily. Overral these are relatively long wearing and this color is gorgeous. They are pricey but you get a lot in the pot and they'll last forever. They would be perfect if they stood up better to oil, however, I would repurchase(:

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by sophlizz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first paint pot & because i'd heard so many great reviews on them, i was sure i would love it. But sadly, i don't. Its such a gorgeous colour swatched, but as soon as you apply it on your eyelids & blend it, it just disappears.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by dazzlelight21

MAC's Bare Study cream eyeshadow is a light shimmery champagne colour. I absolutely love this shadow; it's quite frosty and great for an every-day look. It is long lasting and is not too pigmented, with a discreet tint of shimmer. Bare Study brightens my eye area and I have never noticed any creasing. I will definitely repurchase this paint pot!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by amsimmons17

I LOVE this paint pot! I use it everyday as a primer for my eyeshadow. I have been using it for about 4 years now and I highly recommend it!