October 25, 2014 | 1767 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by glamarmywife

This is my I dont have time to put on makeup paintpot. I am an NC43 so this is a shimmery version of my skin color. It gives my eyes a nice sheen & lasts all day.I cant put this on & a swipe of liner & im out the door. It makes an excellent base too. Indianwood will always stay in my bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

excellent base for bronze eye shadows! long lasting and you can even wear it alone & it looks fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This is bright, and long-lasting. I don't wear it very often as I work in a conservative work-place and would be out of place with bright shadow.
When I do use this on my dark brown eyes its definitely a statement piece. Love it. Wish I could wear it more often!
EDIT: I ended up ditching this as it was just too bright/orange to wear on a regular basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by allybee1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this paint pot! It's rich bronze colour makes my blue eyes pop, and it helps any eyeshadow on top to not crease. I would say that this and Rubinesque are 2 must have paint pots!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by swtladyy

I just bought this paint pot yesterday and is my very first paint pot. I thought the color was very pretty in the jar and figured it would bring out the color in the nice browns/golds i like to wear. The texture was creamy but it dried to a nice powdery finish. I applied it using my ring finger and it applied nicely. I ended up creating an arabic look yesterday with gold, pink and brown colors and I used this paint pot as the base. It came out gorgeous! I would definitely buy this paint pot again and will probably go back and buy rubenesque and painterly.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by BeautifullyNatural25

Hmmmmmm both my local MAC stores were sold out and so were all the dept. store MAC counters of this color..I didn't know this color was that popular but anyways I had a macy's gift card from the holidays that i haven't used yet so i bought it online at macy's.com, it came in today and i felt the texture for indianwood paint pot was a bit dry.. like more powdery,flakey, and overall dry and hard to work with, the sides/edges of the paintpot were already pulling inward from the glass jar.. =[, & not smooth and creamy at all like the other 3 paint pots i own ( i own painterly, rubenesque, and bare study). I don't know if its because i ordered it online and this paintpot is old and has been sitting at macys.com warehouse for ages or if i got a bad one from MAC.. but im quite dissapointed. If my local macys get some of this color in before i go on vacation soon I'd probally ask if i could exchange..I'm giving this a 4 lippy rating but in my opinion it derserves a 3 1/2..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

I bought Indianwood over the counter at Mac along with Rubenesque. I find Rubenesque quite hard to work with, can look flaky and scaly when overapplied, when applied properly with 217 brush it gives a nice sheer sparkle, but perhaps not quite what I was looking for, although it will work well as a base in the Winter when I turn to All That Glitters, Expensive Pink etc.
So I left Indianwood for about 2 weeks unopened on my dresser, at times even thinking about returning it. I finally tried it on today and it is wonderful! So easy to work with, the finish is completely different to Rubenesque, nice and smooth and creamy. I could wear it on its own, but this paint pot makes a fantastic base for my Summer colours that I am wearing at the moment like Amber Lights, Cut to Fit, Coppering etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by SareenaS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this paint pot! It goes on like a dream and the colour is gorgeous on my NC40 skintone. I wear this under all my neutral brown and gold eye shadows. I will buy this over and over again...if I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by EssBeeMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love love love paint pots and I love this shade! It goes well with my skin tone and I can wear it alone all over my entire eyelid for an anytime shimmer or I can use it as a primer OR as the middle color for a dark-medium-light color trio. I just use my middle finger to warm the "paint" and take it out of the jar and i use my finger to apply it. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by ClaraChanHK

I have been using this colour for over two years. This is my everyday HG. I have been using it around once every three days over the past two years, and I still have more than half a pot left! Very good value for money. Also, it hasn't dried out!

I am Chinese with black hair, dark brown eyes, and quite a warm complexion, but quite dark skin. It complements my skin very well.

This is my first MAC Paintpot. When I approached the saleslady, I asked for a more natural colour, she recommended this.

The colour is beautiful, it is easy to spread and blend. For school, I normally apply only this colour, but for concerts or more formal events, I use this in combination with Rubenesque, Constructivist and Artifact as a quad.

I find that the colour stays on really well, even in the heat and humidity of Hong Kong's summer - absolutely no creases at the end of the day. As a primer to eyeshadow, it helps the powdered colour stick on very well. I also find that this sort of eyeshadow colour goes very well with contact lenses as it doesn't flake.

I highly recommend this.