October 24, 2014 | 1614 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Kalahari Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by cass22101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have worn this almost everyday since i first bought it. It is my go to eyeshadow. You can go light our really smoke it out. It's a really versatile duo. Both colors are bronzey. One being slighlty lighter than the other. This is a must have for any nuetral lover and/or as a staple in any girls' makeup bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Frogilina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this duo on the recommendation of Sephora's website based on my skin, hair and eye coloring and boy were they ever wrong! It was barely detectable on me and washed me right out. For the time I spend doing my eyes I like them to be noticeable and have a little oomph. I tried this three different times and it always made me look tired and like I had maybe just ended a crying jag. Not flattering at all. I also didn't think the quality was all that great and the shimmer was just a little over the top for me. My first and last NARS eyeshadow purchase. Back to MAC I go. I knew I shouldn't have strayed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fantastic everyday eyeshadow duo that is beautifully paired together. I use the lighter shade on my lid and the darker one in the crease, followed by Nars Mambo eyeliner, a brow highlighter and mascara. The result is natural but not at all boring. I hate a boring eye look - even when I want a natural look I need it to have a little something extra. This duo has it. These shadows have just the right pigment and glide on. I see some have compared the darker shade to MAC's Satin Taupe (which I also own) and I have to say that the taupe in the Nars duo is prettier to me than Satin Taupe. The Nars taupe is purpley too, but it's a bit warmer which works better with my coloring. I love this duo!! UPDATE: I am wearing this duo today and just wanted to say again that this is the perfect neutral duo that goes with any make-up and any clothing color. It is not cool nor warm, and has the perfect amount of shimmer. It is a no brainer that I always turn to if I'm not sure what I'm going to wear for the day.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 1:54:00 AM More reviews by chixx

Very useful Duo,almost fit for any skin color in any occasion.
the left color is goloden brown,the right color is purple brown,very classical duo with beautiful shine that makes it different.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by northernwinterlude

This is a duo I turn to when I want a simple neutral look. Basically it consists of a subtle bronze and a taupey muted plummy-brown shade. Both colours go on smoothly and are lightly pigmented. What is nice about the Kalahari duo is that both shades compliment each other very well. GGG's and DDD gals, don't expect intense pigmentation with this duo. I have found Nars eyeshadows are not as pigmented as some of the other brands but that is what I suspect Mr. Nars wanted. I'm glad I got this on ebay for less than $20.00 instead of paying the retail price of $38.00 CDN for it here in Canada. For reference I'm a GGG, with a NC44 complexion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by fifi_kitten

i'm still a little undecided about this one. i'm a neutral-cool PPP and on me, this is way too warm. its doesn't look bad or anything, in fact it makes my blue eyes explode with color, but its a little warmer than i prefer. both colors are definitely warm. i also think the colors don't really match too well. i can't figure out how to wear them together so that you can see both colors. most of the time i blend one or other so much that its barely visible. however, alone they're both really pretty. one shade is a nice warm taupe, and the other is a nice bronze. they're nicely pigmented and last quite awhile, so thats also a plus. i'm keeping the one i have, however i don't think i'd buy this again. its just too warm for me, and i also think the colors really aren't that unique.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by oreo0303

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this last year and have barely used it! the colors are beautiful but i find the bronze to be a little too metallic and harsh on my eyes. also the bronze has large sparkles which fall into my eyes and irritate them! everytime i wear it, i always find my eyes itching and swellling! i dont know why...its only that one bronze color. ive had no problems with the browny taupe or any other shadows i have (nars, mac, shu uemera, dior). b/c the bronze irritates my eyes, i will not repurchase. i wear contacts though so maybe ppl who dont wear contacts will not have a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by 2crazycatladies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this eye shadow duo from Nars. Its these warm chocolate colored duo. On my darkly pigmented eyes it shows up wonderfully. I think its something everyone needs to have for those days you dont want to think. This is that shadow. I do think that Nars eye shadows run a little bit pricey, but this one is still worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ruecke

Okay, so I went to Sephora to check this out after seeing the reviews here. I had some money left on a GC (from returning LORAC's Croc Palette earlier), and although I definitely don't NEED any more e/s, thought this might be different enough from my current stash to justify the buy.

Anyway, the first night, I used the taupe shade in the crease over the e/s I already had on (can't remember what it was), and my DH told me, "It's a good makeup day for you!" However, the next few times I wore this, I used the two colors together, and I definitely concur with the person who said it turned her eyes into "muddy bruises". I nearly returned it, but just loved the bronze color so much--it's so rich and complex--and the duo reminds me of a L'oreal duo I had in the 80's--a silvery gray amethyst and dusty burgundy shade (when they had their eyeshadow pans in that elongated octagon shape on a metallic gold background, remember those?) Anyway, I always loved those colors in the pan, but they never looked that good on me then either.

So, reluctant to part with these because of the nostalgia factor, I decided that maybe I'd just dedicate them to crease use. So, I have to also agree with the reviewers below that on me, these do not work well together, but work great with Alhambra. So, if I use the Alhambra gold from lashes to brow, and put the bronze of Kalahari in the crease, it looks gorgeous on! Similarly, the pink from Alhambra all over, with the taupe shade from Kalahari in the crease works fantastically. So, although I would probably never need to re-buy, (I accumulate m/u way faster than I can use it), I would if I lost it. Just looking at the colors puts me back to my youth in the 80's, and no other makeup in my drawer can do that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by brookecouture

This is by far the most idiot proof eye shadow duo of all time. The shades are perfect together and it makes for a beautifully neutral, on the go eye. I did the lighter shade on the lid and the darker in the crease with graphic brown fluidline from mac and it's PERFECT for everyday, or with a dark/bold lip color. I'm so impressed. This one definately lived up to my expectations in a big way.