July 31, 2014 | 1619 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's perfect for really hot and humid climates that make you feel warm and get you sweating the minute you step out of the shower. Peppermint is a natural refrigerant, so it keeps the body really cool. Lathers nicely, cleans very well and smells super fresh.

Plus it's fairly traded and all natural without the dirty dozen ingredients!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

This was my first Dr. Bronner's product. I love that it's natural and I love the smell. The price is not bad for how much you get. It lasts so long because you really need so little. I almost always use too much! The reason I give it a 5 is because of all the uses, though I don't use it for everything. I use it as a body wash and I really like it. I feel it cleans but doesn't dry me too much and you just need the smallest amount. It feels nice and 'tingly' too. But as a body wash alone I guess it would be 'good', but I also use it for cleaning and I think that's awesome. I also got orange which I liked a lot and lavender which was ok and I used that one for cleaning. I DON'T like it as a shampoo and I don't use it as a toothpaste, but in a pinch I'd use it for laundry and maybe even face if I was desperate, but I have sort of sensitive facial skin so I don't know if it would work. But for body and cleaning, I think it's awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by SugarBlush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Awesome brush cleaner, face wash, body wash, toothpaste... what more can i say? The best bang for your buck! I also use this to clean my retainer.

Also, for those people who think this is disgusting as toothpaste, you might wanna do a little bit of research about replacing your fluoridated, glycerin laden commercial toothpaste with castille soap. Its worth getting used to the taste ;) its not that bad really! I suggest you get the peppermint one as toothpaste because a lot of us are already accustomed to the minty taste in our mouth. Also, this makes my lip stain last longer too! Bcuz of the absence of excessive glycerin coating tht commercial toothpaste gives you, it's sometimes on your lips too. At the end of the day, the glycerin coating sorta peels off (the whitish thingy on your lips) and you're left with no color on your lips. This is based on my observation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Mia_8030

Brr! The peppermint in this version of Dr. Bronners is definatey a pick me up. I have super hard water and I find Dr. Bronner's to be a little drying if i use it everyday, but I have a special purpose that the peppermint soap excells at. I like to mix salt in with a good dash of Dr. Bronners and scrub away. I feel so clean, tingly and refreshed afterwards. Peppermint is my pick for a shower or bath on a hot summer's day. Stand in front of a fan after showering with this soap and it feels like an arctic chill when you need it most. I also find a generous amount in a foot bath eases tired feet after a long day. If you don't try any other Dr. Bronner's soap, peppermint is the one to get.

Price - dirt cheap, around $5 for a bottle that will last a while. Demerit a lippie for the fact that I can't use it every day and because it stings my eyes when I have used it on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by maggiealisa

This stuff is exactly what I was looking for. I have been searching for a soap that didn't contain any harmful or unnecessary chemicals, and also something I could use on my face that would help with the mild, occasional bumps I get. I finally found my HG product. This stuff doesn't leave any slimy residue behind like every other soap/face wash I have tried. It rinses off clean, and leaves behind a nice tingly feeling. I got a 16 ounce bottle from my local Kroger for $7.99. I will definitely buy this again. I want to try the almond scent next!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Cellove15

You know these moments when you buy a product because of the rave reviews and coz you get intrigued by some crazy all-in-one-concept and the moment you use it you wish you had listened to that ONE bad review and saved the pain and money?
That's exactly the way I feel right now.
I used the soap today to shower and while doing so used it on body, face and hair... and let me start off by saying on the body it seems ok. But not anything special really except for the tingling sensation... but on the face and hair... it was a disaster!!! Although I diluted the product my face still feels desert dry (although I used my clinique moisturizer afterwards which normally takes care of any horrible dryness like even chapped lips etc.) and the hair is a dry, tingly mess!!! Actually it is so frizzy I didn't even know possible. I look as if I came out of the jungle... and even if I did it'd still be an awfull case of jungle-frizziness!
Not to mention that my bathroom smells as if some crazy witch had performed some kind of ritual around a crackling fire in there. And looking at my hair I even might be tempted to think that has exactly been the case.

Right now I just wonder if my face and hair will ever get back to normal and when the moment will come I can ppl let enter my bathroom again...
For the hair I might try my face moisturizer on it coz the hair moisturizers won't do the job to save it.

So, summing up... an unnesseccary experience. A bar of soap would habe done the same for my body I guess. And looking back now I don't know what led me to think that a product which can be used to wash your car with would be great on face and hair. Actually I guess you could use carwash as well on face and body if you just dilute it well enough.

Hm... let's save the planet some other way please!!! ... Otherwise it's end-of-world-looks anyway here!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by rsrph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is my all purpose, go to, must have product. I use it for hand washables, counter tops to carpets, vegetables, make up brushes, etc... One squirt in the tub and the dirtiest child comes out sparkling clean without any scrubbing at all. I keep a bottle in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. If I were stranded on and island with just this product, I could get by. Only complaint it that the bottle is so covered with Dr. Bronner's propaganda that the instructions can be hard to find. Otherwise, magic soap indeed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff. It emulsifies well, smells fantastic, and leaves me squeaky clean (but not dry). A little of this goes a long way, so you don't use that much per use. Meaning, one bottle lasts a long time! I've repurchased this many times, and the peppermint one is still my favorite. I've tried the lavender one as well, but definitely prefer this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by islandness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Had to review this product because I believe that it has helped my acne significantly over the last month. At the same time that I started using this on my face as a cleanser I also started drinking peppermint tea and adding a drop of tea tree oil to my moisturizer (Spectro acne-prone and Tamanu oil) morning and night. Since I started these at the same time I don't know which one is making the difference or if it's the combination. I have found people on the internet also saying that peppermint tea has dramatically reduced their acne.

Give it a try since all these things are fairly cheap compared the crap acne systems out there...and they are natural! Hope this helps someone else because I am almost to the point that I don't need much foundation...finally :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderfully refreshing, multi-purpose soap. The secret to getting the most out of it is to get a foaming soap dispenser. I dilute it but don't have any recommended ratio. I use this all over and don't find that it "burns" any sensitive areas. For traveling, I keep a 2 oz. bottle in my carry-on. I've used this as face wash, body wash, hand soap and laundry detergent. Best of all, this is all-natural, vegan and never tested on animals, eco-friendy, and Fair Trade. Seriously, I feel so good using this soap. I will buy again and again.