April 18, 2014 | 2031 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Cellove15

You know these moments when you buy a product because of the rave reviews and coz you get intrigued by some crazy all-in-one-concept and the moment you use it you wish you had listened to that ONE bad review and saved the pain and money?
That's exactly the way I feel right now.
I used the soap today to shower and while doing so used it on body, face and hair... and let me start off by saying on the body it seems ok. But not anything special really except for the tingling sensation... but on the face and hair... it was a disaster!!! Although I diluted the product my face still feels desert dry (although I used my clinique moisturizer afterwards which normally takes care of any horrible dryness like even chapped lips etc.) and the hair is a dry, tingly mess!!! Actually it is so frizzy I didn't even know possible. I look as if I came out of the jungle... and even if I did it'd still be an awfull case of jungle-frizziness!
Not to mention that my bathroom smells as if some crazy witch had performed some kind of ritual around a crackling fire in there. And looking at my hair I even might be tempted to think that has exactly been the case.

Right now I just wonder if my face and hair will ever get back to normal and when the moment will come I can ppl let enter my bathroom again...
For the hair I might try my face moisturizer on it coz the hair moisturizers won't do the job to save it.

So, summing up... an unnesseccary experience. A bar of soap would habe done the same for my body I guess. And looking back now I don't know what led me to think that a product which can be used to wash your car with would be great on face and hair. Actually I guess you could use carwash as well on face and body if you just dilute it well enough.

Hm... let's save the planet some other way please!!! ... Otherwise it's end-of-world-looks anyway here!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by rsrph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is my all purpose, go to, must have product. I use it for hand washables, counter tops to carpets, vegetables, make up brushes, etc... One squirt in the tub and the dirtiest child comes out sparkling clean without any scrubbing at all. I keep a bottle in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. If I were stranded on and island with just this product, I could get by. Only complaint it that the bottle is so covered with Dr. Bronner's propaganda that the instructions can be hard to find. Otherwise, magic soap indeed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff. It emulsifies well, smells fantastic, and leaves me squeaky clean (but not dry). A little of this goes a long way, so you don't use that much per use. Meaning, one bottle lasts a long time! I've repurchased this many times, and the peppermint one is still my favorite. I've tried the lavender one as well, but definitely prefer this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by islandness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Had to review this product because I believe that it has helped my acne significantly over the last month. At the same time that I started using this on my face as a cleanser I also started drinking peppermint tea and adding a drop of tea tree oil to my moisturizer (Spectro acne-prone and Tamanu oil) morning and night. Since I started these at the same time I don't know which one is making the difference or if it's the combination. I have found people on the internet also saying that peppermint tea has dramatically reduced their acne.

Give it a try since all these things are fairly cheap compared the crap acne systems out there...and they are natural! Hope this helps someone else because I am almost to the point that I don't need much foundation...finally :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderfully refreshing, multi-purpose soap. The secret to getting the most out of it is to get a foaming soap dispenser. I dilute it but don't have any recommended ratio. I use this all over and don't find that it "burns" any sensitive areas. For traveling, I keep a 2 oz. bottle in my carry-on. I've used this as face wash, body wash, hand soap and laundry detergent. Best of all, this is all-natural, vegan and never tested on animals, eco-friendy, and Fair Trade. Seriously, I feel so good using this soap. I will buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great as a shower gel however, we have very hard water at our house so it's impossible to clean with this stuff. Tried mopping w/ it, making all purpose spray etc, and it leaves a film on the surfaces I used it on... (the spray is great at killing ants tho) Probably works much better with soft water. I use it in the shower and it's fabulous, nice lather, heavenly smell, and my skin is soft without lotion on (who wants to put that on when it's been 90-100 degrees everyday all summer). I have to be careful not to get it in my hair since I can't get it to rinse out. And have to use the magic eraser to scrub all the soap residue off the tiles and tub lol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have mad love for this soap. Raving mad love. Absolutely NOTHING makes me feel more refreshed than this stuff. So far, this summer has been a little slice of hell, and this soap is heaven in a bottle. In fact, I use it every season. Yes, it tingles and makes my skin feel literally cold, but it's so... awakening. So renewing. It also strikes a perfect balance between cleansing and moisturizing; my skin never feels stripped and never feels filmy or over-moisturized. The fragrance is a perfect peppermint that helps clear my sinuses a bit, too.
I also love the packaging. I have nothing against the "All-One" jargon all over the label. I'm anything but a religious person, but for some reason, the entire thing is visually endearing, in an old-fashioned way. It makes me feel like I purchased it from an old-timey... "shoppe"... or apothecary, or something. It's kind of masculine, and a break from all of the cutesy, girly bottles of my other bath products.
My only gripe with this stuff is the fact that it can make me break out a little bit on my back once in a while- not enough to not use it, but enough to dock a lippie. Regardless, I've been using this soap for almost a year and nothing's made me want to stop. It's amazing, and a huge bottle costs about $9.99. Love.

(PS: DON'T LET THIS GET IN YOUR JUNK. It just... doesn't feel nice.)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

EDIT: 8.30.12 To everyone who is voting down my review, I'm not religious and I think this product packaging is weird. But don't vote "unhelpful" just because I don't agree with your faith. People like myself who just wanted to try a good soap need to know this detail.

This is a semi-bizarre product. I find myself reading the snippets of philosophy, religion, and whatnot all over the label whilst in the shower. The label turns me off from the product immensely; I don't need Biblical teachings, Dr. Bronner, I would like to clean myself.

This castille soap is very refreshing and cuts through oil and grime wonderfully. I personally prefer regular body washes rife with chemicals but this stuff smells just like candy canes. It's delicious, makes the bathroom smell lovely. I am not a fan of cold, tingling genitalia, and therefore do not like using this anywhere besides my torso. The scent doesn't really last outside the shower anyway. I haven't found a mint soap that smells as great as this so I would probably try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this soap! I love the cool sensation it gives when you use it in the shower and it is fantastic for pedicures! (Thanks to the viewer below for the suggestion!) I also use it to mix in with some sea salt to create a lovely peppermint foot scrub! There are so many great uses for this soap, I recently discovered it's great properties for use around the house - to clean the dishes and wash my fruits and vegetables. :) I'll definitely repurchase this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by minimalisto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This, tea tree and baby mild are only dr bronners scents I wouldn't buy again. The peppermint because it burns the more sensitive skin areas, catch? I didn't like how strong the smell was on the floors either. I've been buying dr bronners for past ten years, and love their citrus, almond, and lavender. I wouldn't recommend the peppermint.