Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

on 3/15/2013 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use this to wash my makeup brushes and it is fantastic! I will repurchase

on 3/14/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this and the lavender several years ago and liked them. I rebought this after seeing the video on Netflix about it. I like it as a body wash and face wash but definitely NOT as a shampoo. The consistency is oily but when I put it in my hair it became very hard and crusty almost and was hard to wash out. My face hasn't broken out at all using this and the smell is great in the morning!!

on 3/10/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am so happy to see such good reviews for what I think sometimes is a misunderstood soap. It is VERY tingly and can be much for some people. I use a loofah and squirt a little and it works GREAT. My husband uses it full-strength. This packs a punch. Peppermint wakes you up and you feel refreshed. It cleans very well without drying your skin. I do recommend you be careful before using it on your face but I actually love the feel of it - it completely wakes me up!

I have never used this on my hair so I can't speak much about that but as a body wash -this is excellent.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's an okay product. And of course it makes you feel "clean", it's peppermint, peppermint makes you feel fresh. Just like when you pop some peppermints in your mouth and it gives you fresh clean breath. But that doesn't mean it cleaned you up. I didn't see a difference between using this product and other soaps. It's too expensive in my opinion. You're better off buying other soaps.

I have used this as a body wash and a shampoo. I absolutely love it as a body wash you will experience a cooling sensation. As far as a shampoo it makes my hair slightly greasy so I have to use baking soda in conjunction with it and even with the baking soda it is not my favorite to use as a shampoo. It is great if you have psoriasis or other skin disorders because peppermint has a calming effect on the skin.

on 1/25/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this soap!! It makes you feel fresh and clean. My HG for body, hair, brushes...etc

on 1/23/2013 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Since the flu is running rampant... this stuff is fantastic in the shower as a body wash when you're achy and congested. You'll be able to breathe and will definitely feel bettter aftewards. (just watch you don't get it on any sensitive areas). There are so many uses for Dr. Bronner it's really an awesome product to have on hand. Diluted in a spray bottle and you've got a surface cleaner, it can be used in the laundry and just about anywhere. The lavender and peppermint are my favorites.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my everything product - hand soap, body wash and shaving gel are my favorite uses. I've used it on my face and in my hair in a pinch. I've also tried it as toothpaste, and it does work but tastes a bit soapy so I would only do so again in a bind. I love the cooling, lingering peppermint scent - very refreshing and soothing at any time of day. A big bottle of this stuff looks expensive, but I've had mine for seven months now and still estimate another month or two before I need a new bottle - and that's with use multiple times daily - so I'd say the price is great for what you get. A little of this stuff goes a looooong way. It's also all natural and not tested on animals. Score? I think so.

on 1/20/2013 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Awesome stuff, just bought my 3' rd bottle...that' s something right! Have heard this brand being mentioned on the boards here but never thought too much of it. One day I was randomly browsing for KP cures and saw that this body wash was recommended by someone who said it helped in reducing her KP, instantly it clicked and I thought why not give it a try. I Have been using it since then along with my trusty Salux cloth. Have seen a big improvement, I will not say it completely cured my KP..the bumps have visibly reduced and do have a long way to go. Well the peppermint scent is not my absolute favorite but it has grown on me. Far less drying than the soaps I have used except for the goatmilk soaps they are an exception and also expensive.Will continue to use this till I find a much better alternative.
Update** Staple 6 bottle and counting!

on 1/11/2013 4:10:00 PM

Have used this as a body wash, nice and refreshing. Suds ok, I used it undiluted. I imagine it would be drying to use every day so I alternate it with a moisturizing body wash. I also clean my tub with it while in the shower, works great! Tried it as a shampoo today (undiluted) great lather. However the underside of my hair feels stringy, maybe I didn't was it out well enough. I'll try it again sometime. Left residue on dishes, so I won't use it for that again.... Lastly today I thought "what the heck" and tried it as a toothpaste. NEVER AGAIN! One drop gave great lather, but taste Terrible! I can now add one other use for this soap, diet aide. I'm sick to my stomach and never want to eat again. This is a great camp soap, lots of uses!