October 31, 2014 | 1550 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's an okay product. And of course it makes you feel "clean", it's peppermint, peppermint makes you feel fresh. Just like when you pop some peppermints in your mouth and it gives you fresh clean breath. But that doesn't mean it cleaned you up. I didn't see a difference between using this product and other soaps. It's too expensive in my opinion. You're better off buying other soaps.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by OrangeandWhiteTigerLilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this as a body wash and a shampoo. I absolutely love it as a body wash you will experience a cooling sensation. As far as a shampoo it makes my hair slightly greasy so I have to use baking soda in conjunction with it and even with the baking soda it is not my favorite to use as a shampoo. It is great if you have psoriasis or other skin disorders because peppermint has a calming effect on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by oracle1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this soap!! It makes you feel fresh and clean. My HG for body, hair, brushes...etc

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since the flu is running rampant... this stuff is fantastic in the shower as a body wash when you're achy and congested. You'll be able to breathe and will definitely feel bettter aftewards. (just watch you don't get it on any sensitive areas). There are so many uses for Dr. Bronner it's really an awesome product to have on hand. Diluted in a spray bottle and you've got a surface cleaner, it can be used in the laundry and just about anywhere. The lavender and peppermint are my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my everything product - hand soap, body wash and shaving gel are my favorite uses. I've used it on my face and in my hair in a pinch. I've also tried it as toothpaste, and it does work but tastes a bit soapy so I would only do so again in a bind. I love the cooling, lingering peppermint scent - very refreshing and soothing at any time of day. A big bottle of this stuff looks expensive, but I've had mine for seven months now and still estimate another month or two before I need a new bottle - and that's with use multiple times daily - so I'd say the price is great for what you get. A little of this stuff goes a looooong way. It's also all natural and not tested on animals. Score? I think so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Awesome stuff, just bought my 3' rd bottle...that' s something right! Have heard this brand being mentioned on the boards here but never thought too much of it. One day I was randomly browsing for KP cures and saw that this body wash was recommended by someone who said it helped in reducing her KP, instantly it clicked and I thought why not give it a try. I Have been using it since then along with my trusty Salux cloth. Have seen a big improvement, I will not say it completely cured my KP..the bumps have visibly reduced and do have a long way to go. Well the peppermint scent is not my absolute favorite but it has grown on me. Far less drying than the soaps I have used except for the goatmilk soaps they are an exception and also expensive.Will continue to use this till I find a much better alternative.
Update** Staple 6 bottle and counting!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Tbelle83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have used this as a body wash, nice and refreshing. Suds ok, I used it undiluted. I imagine it would be drying to use every day so I alternate it with a moisturizing body wash. I also clean my tub with it while in the shower, works great! Tried it as a shampoo today (undiluted) great lather. However the underside of my hair feels stringy, maybe I didn't was it out well enough. I'll try it again sometime. Left residue on dishes, so I won't use it for that again.... Lastly today I thought "what the heck" and tried it as a toothpaste. NEVER AGAIN! One drop gave great lather, but taste Terrible! I can now add one other use for this soap, diet aide. I'm sick to my stomach and never want to eat again. This is a great camp soap, lots of uses!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by sootemup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

If there's one thing I want to say about this product, it's that it is really, ridiculously good at cutting through oils. I tend to use it undiluted in my hair when it's feeling too oily, and as far as I can tell it pretty much strips all the oils and gunk out. And then all the moisturizing stuff in my regular normal use shampoo/conditioners can soak in afterward, or so I like to think. Hey, my hair is nice and soft and untangled, so I figure my process is working. I also find it fairly effective as a body wash. It makes me skin FEEL clean after using it. No residue at all, and I never need to use much of it.

Lathers fairly decently as long as you mix it with enough water, and I like the tingle of the peppermint. But yeah, fair warning, it's definitely not something you want to use alone on your hair/skin. It is drying on its lonesome. But as preparation for moisturizing, to make sure you're clean? It's pretty great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by GoldTeef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was compelled to buy this after watching a documentary about it on Netflix. Escape from a mental institution? Crazy religious propaganda? Count me in! I'm not religious in the slightest, but I like seeing Dr. Bronner's wacky ass ramblings all over the bottle. It's a nice deviation from the norm (it's not a bad philosophy, either). It's also a product that weighs less heavily on the consumer conscience, as it's organic and fair trade and not tested on animals and all that good stuff.

I have a slight obsession with peppermint, so this product is pretty dear to my heart. I primarily use it to wash my body and hair, but occasionally use it on my face as well, with no ill effects (it does a pretty good job of removing makeup, actually). It's SO frickin refreshing that I always inadvertently end up making creepy sounds of enjoyment in the shower. And after a workout? Giiiirl, please. Best thing ever.

I was worried that it would be drying, especially used as shampoo, but it's very gentle and lathers well. I love using it on my hair - mine is thin and flat and blah, and this gives it some texture and body without feeling gross.I follow up with whatever conditioner I feel like using and my hair looks awesome (relatively speaking, anyway). Consider me a convert - I am now one of Dr. Bronner's devoted followers. ALL-ONE! ALL-ONE! *cackles maniacally*

28 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's perfect for really hot and humid climates that make you feel warm and get you sweating the minute you step out of the shower. Peppermint is a natural refrigerant, so it keeps the body really cool. Lathers nicely, cleans very well and smells super fresh.

Plus it's fairly traded and all natural without the dirty dozen ingredients!