April 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Liquid - GOSH - X-ceptional wear liquid foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Miss_awesome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this purely because of how light Porcelain is, ive been in mac stores for foundation in the past and was given the mineralize liquid in NC15, because although it didn't have the finish I wanted, it was the only colour even close to my skin because it runs a shade lighter than other mac foundations. it was too orange and I ended up giving it away.
the only foundation I have ever found that is pale enough for me is estee lauder doublewear, which I love but I find it hard to remove, even with lush's ultrabland.
this foundation doesn't oxidise which is amazing, and it's prefect for medium coverage. the reason I've knocked off a lippy is because it doesn't have buildable coverage imo, as soon as I try to put another layer on my nose for example, it seems to wipe away the product underneath and goes kinda blotchy.
it's quite cheap, and overall a good foundation. it's quite matte even without powder, although it does contain light reflectants. I have no idea how that makes sense, but the finish is so easy to wear because it's matte but not chalky, and your face still has some dimension to it. I have really dry skin at the moment so I prefer not to use powder, and with this I don't have to.
on me I find it lasts on the face quite well, it doesn't love up to gosh's claims (nothing ever does really), but it fades away rather than caking or streaking.
a purchase on a whim that I'm so glad I bought, I've repurchased it 4 times now, it lasts around six months and that's with daily application and touchups.
if you struggle with having stupidly fair skin as I do, try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by KarolineN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a amazing foundation! I was very surprised, because it very cheap in Denmark - and the tube looked so small, so I thought "This will only last me a month or two", but no, I use it atleast 3-4 times a week, and quite alot of it, but no problems at all.

I am very fair - my Studio Fix Fluid in NW15 is way to dark for me (and maybe a bit to orange too), but the Gosh shade in "Porcelain" is a perfect color match. It make my skin look fresh and dewy, but not at all shiny. I always set it with my MAC MSF natural in light, and it still on when I come home from school. I drive my bike to school, and is therefor outside alot - in all kind of weather.

I would recommand this to everyone, who is looking for at very fair foundation, with medium coverage, that is not completely mat. I do not use this on my forehead though, because I have very flakey skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by sonya19

This review is actually for the GOSH makeup mousse, but couldn't see how to add a review when it hasn't been reviewed already...

This foundation has a light mousse (as the name suggests) texture. I received the lightest shade (01: Ivory) it as a free gift and it looked way too dark in the container. However, it was lighter upon application and a good match for my NC30 skin. Coverage is light and natural. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by RawrRawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This foundation is one of the better ones I have came across, mainly beacuse it hasn't broke me out terribly. My only complaint about this foundation is that if your skin is dry, it will accentuate it with a flakey patch. I like the colour selection, the formulation, and the finish it gives.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by niamhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this! I was previously wearing L'Oreal True Match liquid but found it too watery and with not enough coverage. I love GOSH eyeliners so decided to try this out and was amazed! It has great coverage and looks very natural. I am super pale and the palest shade of this is perfect for me. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Deano17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really like this foundation. after trying nearly every other foundation,i found this one. i have used the powders before and came accross the foundation.it sits evenly on the skin,i dont need to use a lot of it.i like the fact that it is long lasting aswell.will definatly be buying this product again in the future and will reccomend it to anyone who asks.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Carolish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When i bought this i was really excited for finally finding a foundation pale enough for my skin (I was very pale, and got it in Porcelain). But the foundation just doesnt work for me. Its way to drying and hard to work with, and it looks sooooo cakey! It sets in every dry patch, and is hard to blend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the low rating this foundation got, because for me it works almost as well as my HG EL DW, if not exactly as well!
The only thing I hate about DW is that in Canada they no longer carry the shade that matched me best (Shell), so I have to wear Ecru, which gets too dark on me as the day goes on. That's why I was looking into switching to a new foundation, so I could have a better match, especially now that winter is coming.
I decided to buy this foundation because I am happy with their Velvet Touch primer. I got the second lightest shade, because Porcelain, the lightest, looked too white, but I am planning to go and buy Porcelain as well.
The shade I bought (Natural) turns a little orange on me as the day goes on, so I'm hoping Porcelain will be better.
But other than that, I have nothing bad to say about this foundation. I love the packaging, it's so easy to use. Because of the liquidy consistency and the fact that it dries pretty fast, I have to work in smaller areas than with other foundations, and blend really well. It covers almost everything nicely, does not emphasize patches of flaky skin, and it actually feels like I'm putting water on my face, when I blend it with my sponge. It doesn't cake at all, even when I build up in some areas. When I'm done, it looks exactly the same as the EL DW looks, slightly less matte, but still matte and flawless. I do use a primer (the GOSH one) and I touch up with my concealer over pimples or scars.
I set it with powder, and it lasts all day. Oil control is identical with EL DW, which means I do get oily after 2-3 hours and I blot about 2-3 times/day, but it does not make me oilier than DW and it is not breaking me out.
I really like this foundation, and if it continues to perform the same, I will probably start buying this instead of DW, since it is so much more affordable and performs the same.
EDIT October'10 - took one more point off because I realized that DW is still much better than this when it comes to oil control and the way it looks

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 5:49:00 AM More reviews by lucylucyhh

I am a huge fan of this foundation!
When I was given this by a friend, I wasn't at all convinced I'd like it, mainly because i'm a makeup snob and i either use Bobbi Brown, Mac or Clinique and I assumed that this would not be up to my standard.
However I was wrong, I think this foundation is wonderful!
The light reflecting pigments are gorgeous and really do make your skin look refreshed and youthful. It gives lovely coverage which isn't too thick but still covers any flaws and it lasts pretty much all day, especially when used in conjunction with a primer and setting powder.
The price is very cheap and the bottle is a decent size which won't run out quickly.
No downfalls at all

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by BextheHat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had an issue with finding a foundation pale enough for my skin [the nickname Casper didn't come from nowhere] and on my quest for a foundation that matched my skin tone I found Gosh's X-ceptional wear liquid foundation. As I do with most make-up, I buy it on a whim and judge its performance from there.

So when I sat down to do my make-up the next day, I was sceptical. I had already been convinced of Gosh's Velvet Touch Eyeliner's lovely results, but surely this foundation being just as good at its job would be too much of a good thing? ~

My scepticism was short lived as I applied the foundation.

As others have stated, the texture of the foundation is quite thick and creamy, but I liked that; perhaps promising some kind of long lasting cover?

This foundation did not disappoint in this aspect; I 'road tested' it by wearing it on a normal, full day and when the time came to remove my make-up, my blemishes and such were still covered and a lot of the foundation was found on the remover wipe. Though, this foundation is a case of 'a little goes a long way' as I found out one day while sitting on the bus on a severely hot day...I swore this stuff was melting off - lovely.

The shades: As others have stated, the available shades are quite limited. I chose Porcelain, the palest shade and was pleasantly surprised at how close it was to my colouring upon first glance.
Though I was disappointed that in certain lights my skin looked a tad orange and I looked a bit too 'done up' - this is when this foundation and I began to have some tiffs.

This is for day wear of course, in retrospect to a night out with pictures being taken; the 'done up' feeling I mentioned beforehand is entirely welcome and the 'light reflecting' boast on the packaging is not a lie - my skin looked flawless and the correct skin tone against the flash of the camera, the matte effect is also truth - no shinyness in sight; lovely! ~

Advantages: Good coverage and lasts all day. Lovely effect on camera. Matte effect is not just a boast on the packaging, neither is the light reflection.

Disadvantages: Can feel too heavy especially during the Summer heat, can look slightly orange in some lighting.

Would you buy this product again?: Yes I have rebought this product, but alas with the increasing heat the bottle I have will stay there until Winter.

~