November 28, 2014 | 1392 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Rouge7Femi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cue the church choir! This straightener is AMAZING! When you run it over your hair i swear it flows like water, and you dont have to go over the same piece over and over again to get a result. For the price it really is worth it, it's long lasting, works like magic and is so slim and cute you can find space for it anywhere! I highly recommend investing in this little slice of hair styling heaven :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by CaitlinsCreativeCorner

I love my chi. It is the only straightener I use, ever since my friend curled my hair with her straightener. Since then I have turned my mom onto Chi as well. I love it, it straightens my hair quite amazingly, especially because I have very long wavy hair. It also curls my hair very well!

I saw one in TJ Maxx that was Holographic! I wanted it so bad, but my chi is still in commission, so I don't need to buy another one. lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im on my second chi straightening iron right now. (i dont remember what happend to the first one, was it lost or broke?). this is the only high end straightner ive ever used, but let me tell you, it is WAAAAY better than any of the cheaper brands you buy at the drug store. it heats up almost instantly, and transforms my crinkly, frizzy hair into the smooth shiny hair i've always wanted. when i first started using it, i got compliments from nearly everyone i knew. some said i looked like i just stepped out of a salon!!

it's so easy to use, and the results are quick, you wont find yourself redoing each chunk of hair 982357 times to achieve the desired look, since it heats up so much hotter than the cheap irons. i also found it very easy to do ringlets, tho i usually just run it down in a slight curve, and hook it at the end (this adds more volume than just doing it poker straight). it does a great job, so i may repurchase, tho im also consider trying one of the other expensive brands. GHD maybe?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

Heats fast, does a good job at straightening, I just wish it could come on a 2 inch barrel that would make my straightening faster. I think it's too pricey for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by xChii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this for about 4 years now and it's still working perfectly fine!
I don't straighten my hair as often now unless it's a bad hair day, but i admit, this straightener can get really hot. I used it everyday back when i was in high school, and i never notice how damaged my hair is till now. If it breaks i probably would buy an inexpensive alternative one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went to cosmetology school thinking that nothing was better than chi but I was wrong, I love my chi the only thing I dont like is it doesn't have a temperature settings so it can burn out real fast and you will have to get another one! Ive had one for over 8 years and it works perfect brand new same as when I bought it and I've moved several times with it so yeah... Million wonders how it didn't end up broke!!! I would tell anyone to try this out because it truly is an amazing product

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by iloveyourstory

I finally ditched this for the GHD. I used my CHI for 7 years and was just tired of the snagging and lifeless hair I got from it. Plus my hair would break more easily. I honestly can't stand the entire CHI line, very overrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by kapapathanasiou2002

This is classic.Although it's been a while since i've used it,i am grateful that purchased it!It leaves my hair straight,smoooth and it looks as if i've had my hair done by a profesional. It is pricy ,but you save so much money by not having to go to the hairdresser.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought these from the US...had high hopes as they have heat control but the lower heat did nothing for my hair...they do a nice fringe but on my long hair, they just do not have the right kind of shape and using high heat is as bad as my GHD's so another waste of money...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Heated tools for your hair are one of those things where you really do usually get what you pay for. I have very, very thick hair that usually decides whether or not it wants to be curly or wavy for the day. I was hesitant to spend a lot of money on a hair product, when I had a $25 straightening iron that worked okay.

I was wrong. I was so, so wrong. I finally broke down and bought the CHI, and--okay, this sounds ridiculous, but whatever--it changed my life. It turns my mind-of-its-own hair into straight, silky locks that stay that way for days and avoid frizz entirely. I LOVE IT. It's amazing. And wonderful. And perfect. It doesn't have a heat setting, but I've never had a problem with how hot it gets (again, this is coming from someone with very thick hair), and neither have any of my friends who have borrowed it. I've had mine for 2 years and have never had any sort of problems with it. It doesn't necessarily look pretty, like some of their other models, or have lots of flashy things like a digital temperature readout, but I really don't care because my hair looks better than it has in my life.

The basics--it heats up very quickly (less than a minute) and can straighten a section of hair with one slow pass. People sometimes complain that CHI products straighten a little too well and don't look natural, but this does come with a beveled edge, which means that if you want to make the ends wavy for a more natural look, you can (this also means that it doubles as a curling iron). I highly, highly recommend this product--it's completely changed the way that I handle my hair, and it is well worth the money.