September 2, 2014 | 1945 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

Heats fast, does a good job at straightening, I just wish it could come on a 2 inch barrel that would make my straightening faster. I think it's too pricey for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by xChii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this for about 4 years now and it's still working perfectly fine!
I don't straighten my hair as often now unless it's a bad hair day, but i admit, this straightener can get really hot. I used it everyday back when i was in high school, and i never notice how damaged my hair is till now. If it breaks i probably would buy an inexpensive alternative one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went to cosmetology school thinking that nothing was better than chi but I was wrong, I love my chi the only thing I dont like is it doesn't have a temperature settings so it can burn out real fast and you will have to get another one! Ive had one for over 8 years and it works perfect brand new same as when I bought it and I've moved several times with it so yeah... Million wonders how it didn't end up broke!!! I would tell anyone to try this out because it truly is an amazing product

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by iloveyourstory

I finally ditched this for the GHD. I used my CHI for 7 years and was just tired of the snagging and lifeless hair I got from it. Plus my hair would break more easily. I honestly can't stand the entire CHI line, very overrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by kapapathanasiou2002

This is classic.Although it's been a while since i've used it,i am grateful that purchased it!It leaves my hair straight,smoooth and it looks as if i've had my hair done by a profesional. It is pricy ,but you save so much money by not having to go to the hairdresser.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought these from the US...had high hopes as they have heat control but the lower heat did nothing for my hair...they do a nice fringe but on my long hair, they just do not have the right kind of shape and using high heat is as bad as my GHD's so another waste of money...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Heated tools for your hair are one of those things where you really do usually get what you pay for. I have very, very thick hair that usually decides whether or not it wants to be curly or wavy for the day. I was hesitant to spend a lot of money on a hair product, when I had a $25 straightening iron that worked okay.

I was wrong. I was so, so wrong. I finally broke down and bought the CHI, and--okay, this sounds ridiculous, but whatever--it changed my life. It turns my mind-of-its-own hair into straight, silky locks that stay that way for days and avoid frizz entirely. I LOVE IT. It's amazing. And wonderful. And perfect. It doesn't have a heat setting, but I've never had a problem with how hot it gets (again, this is coming from someone with very thick hair), and neither have any of my friends who have borrowed it. I've had mine for 2 years and have never had any sort of problems with it. It doesn't necessarily look pretty, like some of their other models, or have lots of flashy things like a digital temperature readout, but I really don't care because my hair looks better than it has in my life.

The basics--it heats up very quickly (less than a minute) and can straighten a section of hair with one slow pass. People sometimes complain that CHI products straighten a little too well and don't look natural, but this does come with a beveled edge, which means that if you want to make the ends wavy for a more natural look, you can (this also means that it doubles as a curling iron). I highly, highly recommend this product--it's completely changed the way that I handle my hair, and it is well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, I want to say that I agree with these 2 statements from previous reviewers:
1. Probably the best man made creation since the Brazilian keratin treatment.
2. It's like it doesn't need a temperature setting because it's permanently set on BAD ASS.
My hair is coarse, very thick, naturally wavy, and tends to be dry. I have naturally big "Texas" hair, which I wear in a chin-length straightened bob that requires a lot of effort. I blowdry it straight with a round brush and argan oil, then flat iron the heck out of it. Previously I had used a Conair Nano tourmaline straightener and a Hot Tools ceramic iron. Both worked okay and did get my hair straight, but after using the Chi, I'm very impressed. It completely straightens and smooths my hair - and I mean *completely* - in one pass. Previously I might have to hit my hair a 2nd time, or go back over a weird "bendy" spot. With the Hot Tools I would have straight hair, but sometimes still underlying body or wave that wouldn't quite come out. Not with the Chi. It removes all traces of wave and bendy spots, so my hair is completely sleek and straight. It doesn't have a heat control, but it works so well that I honestly don't care. Because of my hair type and texture, I keep my flat irons on the hottest possible setting anyway. This heats up super fast and does an amazing job. I wash my hair probably twice per week and flat iron on those days, and my hair stays straight for close to 5 days after using this. I sometimes may have to do a light touch up with the Chi, but not much. I love this flat iron and if anything happens to it I will definitely repurchase. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by alibrett16

Probably the greatest man made creation besides the brazilian hair keratin treatment. I have naturally curly extremely thick hair so it's not easily tamed. The old school hot tools huge iron worked on my hair, but fried it. This was the only other iron to straighten my hair, and it stayed healthy. OBSESSED WITH CHI.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by pnnylne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had the Chi Iron for about 2yrs now. It has 1 inch ceramic plates and it heats up to 405 degrees Farenheit/207 degress celsius. I think I paid around $ 108-120 USD ($99 USD + Shipping) It works wonders on straightening out the curly/kinky-ness that is my hair in between my relaxers, however if you have straight hair (whether naturally straight or newly- relaxed) the heat may be a bit too much. This iron does not have a temperature adjustment dial (which I took a lippie off for), It has a little LED light which will blink when the iron is fully heated. I don't like the fact that I can't adjust the heat, because sometimes, depending on the state of my hair, I don't need that much heat. If in the future, something happens to my Chi, I would probably repurchase another form of a Chi with a temp. adjustment, but not the Original Chi. I would only recommend this to someone with seriously unruly hair. For those who may be natural (no relaxers), or someone with straight hair (naturally or relaxed), it may be too much to expose your hair to that extreme temp. of heat since relaxed hair has already been significantly altered by chemicals and natural hair is already prone to dryness.