July 22, 2014 | 1893 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by kapapathanasiou2002

This is classic.Although it's been a while since i've used it,i am grateful that purchased it!It leaves my hair straight,smoooth and it looks as if i've had my hair done by a profesional. It is pricy ,but you save so much money by not having to go to the hairdresser.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought these from the US...had high hopes as they have heat control but the lower heat did nothing for my hair...they do a nice fringe but on my long hair, they just do not have the right kind of shape and using high heat is as bad as my GHD's so another waste of money...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

Heated tools for your hair are one of those things where you really do usually get what you pay for. I have very, very thick hair that usually decides whether or not it wants to be curly or wavy for the day. I was hesitant to spend a lot of money on a hair product, when I had a $25 straightening iron that worked okay.

I was wrong. I was so, so wrong. I finally broke down and bought the CHI, and--okay, this sounds ridiculous, but whatever--it changed my life. It turns my mind-of-its-own hair into straight, silky locks that stay that way for days and avoid frizz entirely. I LOVE IT. It's amazing. And wonderful. And perfect. It doesn't have a heat setting, but I've never had a problem with how hot it gets (again, this is coming from someone with very thick hair), and neither have any of my friends who have borrowed it. I've had mine for 2 years and have never had any sort of problems with it. It doesn't necessarily look pretty, like some of their other models, or have lots of flashy things like a digital temperature readout, but I really don't care because my hair looks better than it has in my life.

The basics--it heats up very quickly (less than a minute) and can straighten a section of hair with one slow pass. People sometimes complain that CHI products straighten a little too well and don't look natural, but this does come with a beveled edge, which means that if you want to make the ends wavy for a more natural look, you can (this also means that it doubles as a curling iron). I highly, highly recommend this product--it's completely changed the way that I handle my hair, and it is well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, I want to say that I agree with these 2 statements from previous reviewers:
1. Probably the best man made creation since the Brazilian keratin treatment.
2. It's like it doesn't need a temperature setting because it's permanently set on BAD ASS.
My hair is coarse, very thick, naturally wavy, and tends to be dry. I have naturally big "Texas" hair, which I wear in a chin-length straightened bob that requires a lot of effort. I blowdry it straight with a round brush and argan oil, then flat iron the heck out of it. Previously I had used a Conair Nano tourmaline straightener and a Hot Tools ceramic iron. Both worked okay and did get my hair straight, but after using the Chi, I'm very impressed. It completely straightens and smooths my hair - and I mean *completely* - in one pass. Previously I might have to hit my hair a 2nd time, or go back over a weird "bendy" spot. With the Hot Tools I would have straight hair, but sometimes still underlying body or wave that wouldn't quite come out. Not with the Chi. It removes all traces of wave and bendy spots, so my hair is completely sleek and straight. It doesn't have a heat control, but it works so well that I honestly don't care. Because of my hair type and texture, I keep my flat irons on the hottest possible setting anyway. This heats up super fast and does an amazing job. I wash my hair probably twice per week and flat iron on those days, and my hair stays straight for close to 5 days after using this. I sometimes may have to do a light touch up with the Chi, but not much. I love this flat iron and if anything happens to it I will definitely repurchase. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by alibrett16

Probably the greatest man made creation besides the brazilian hair keratin treatment. I have naturally curly extremely thick hair so it's not easily tamed. The old school hot tools huge iron worked on my hair, but fried it. This was the only other iron to straighten my hair, and it stayed healthy. OBSESSED WITH CHI.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by pnnylne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had the Chi Iron for about 2yrs now. It has 1 inch ceramic plates and it heats up to 405 degrees Farenheit/207 degress celsius. I think I paid around $ 108-120 USD ($99 USD + Shipping) It works wonders on straightening out the curly/kinky-ness that is my hair in between my relaxers, however if you have straight hair (whether naturally straight or newly- relaxed) the heat may be a bit too much. This iron does not have a temperature adjustment dial (which I took a lippie off for), It has a little LED light which will blink when the iron is fully heated. I don't like the fact that I can't adjust the heat, because sometimes, depending on the state of my hair, I don't need that much heat. If in the future, something happens to my Chi, I would probably repurchase another form of a Chi with a temp. adjustment, but not the Original Chi. I would only recommend this to someone with seriously unruly hair. For those who may be natural (no relaxers), or someone with straight hair (naturally or relaxed), it may be too much to expose your hair to that extreme temp. of heat since relaxed hair has already been significantly altered by chemicals and natural hair is already prone to dryness.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

The Chi sucks. Enough said. You really don't realize how much it sucks until you use something better. Sedu is 100000X better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Musoukakitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this flat iron, I have curly/wavy fine hair that is nearly impossible to straighten with most flat irons. Its to the point that at a salon they've had to actually go over some areas up to 4 times to get my hair straight. But something about this flat iron is just different, after having a lady straighten my hair at a cheap hair cutting place and having her go through my hair effortlessly I noticed it was a chi. Needless to say 5 months later I finally bought one and am very very happy. Smooth and silky hair I can get now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Kaydee1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had my Chi for over 6years and still love it as much as the first time I used it. I have thin, limp frizzy hair, so I use it to add volume and smoothness. It also gives me super great curls (after much practice). I've dropped it a million times, and it seems to have forgivin me for it since it continues to work great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by echamier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have had my CHI straightener for about 3 years now. I do not have a single complaint about it. It has been through hell and back, but still seems to work just like the day I got it. It is fabulous for straightening, curling, creating waves, and even crimping my hair. It is a pretty expensive tool, but definitely worth the price! I expect to have this straightener for years to come.