October 24, 2014 | 1598 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by angelumieree

This powder is affordable, and true to its promises. It has a flattering matte finish and helps control the oils in my T-zones (combination skin), while not drying out my cheeks. Doesn't break me out, perfect compact size to carry around. It does have a light coverage, not completely clear, but I actually like that because I normally use a lighter coverage foundation like BB cream and a little concealer. Great for setting throughout the day, it doesn't cake and helps your skin look flawless!

This has been my favorite setting powder for about 2 years now, repurchased many times! Highly recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by sekarinaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Best compact powder on my acne prone oily skin! Doesn't break me out. My face look well polished without looking over powdery. I got this in medium sand, perfect match for my medium skin.
    Unfortunately, not available in Indonesia so i have to bought it online, took more time :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by JosieMndza

Hands down one of my favorite drug store powders. I've gone through so many of these compacts because they work so well for me. I have oily/acne prone skin and this does the job to keep me matte with making me look powdery. It's nice and light and gets the job done. Right now I've been pairing it with the maybelline superstay foundation and it works so well. I'm in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by JennyCaroline

i seriously love this powder my makeup lasts all day ! looks natural ! not expensive especially when bought in walmart ! feels light just love it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the newest powder from Maybelline. Usually I do not like Maybelline's powders so much anymore. They just don't 'work' for me as well as they used to. BUT, being the compulsive makeup shopper I am, I decided to try it. It comes in several shades, varying from very pale to somewhat dark. I chose 'fair', which matches their dream matte mousse shades 0-1. It is a light, yellow/neutral powder that goes well over my colorstay foundation in buff. I gave it four lippies instead of 5 because in indoor lights it can look a bit heavy, but strangely looks more blended and even in sunlight.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by DarthPenguin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline's Dream Matte Pressed Powder is one of the best drugstore powders. I have always had trouble with buying pressed powders because they just never did enough for me. I will get coverage but then it would feel cakey at the end of the day and I would break out. Or it didn't give me enough coverage and left me oily. This dream matte powder however has great coverage and does a relatively good job at keeping you matte for a long period of time. The packaging is cute and the price is not bad at all for what you get from this product.

I have combination skin with certain areas of my face becoming oily and other parts getting very dry--often it can fluctuate based on the season where in the winter I can get more dry and in the summer that much more oily. When I tried this powder I found that it gave me average coverage without having to apply foundation. With foundation under, it will set it all day until I take it off with my makeup wipes. I try to concentrate this powder where I get most oily and it does great at staying power as long as maybe reapply a tad when I go out or begin sweating. As much as I layer this powder over itself it never looks like I have a ton of powder on and will remain looking fresh and natural. Another great thing is that this powder never caused me to break out and still has never caused me any break out issues.

The packaging of this product I found very cute and compact but I did find it a little confusing when I initially bought. The powder comes in round packaging that clicks open from the top to reveal the powder and twists on the bottom to reveal a mirror and a little applicator. The mirror is quite small and the applicator is cheap looking but I wouldn't have used the applicator anyway and the mirror is useful despite its size. Although I wasn't used to the format of this little compact, I liked it way better than others i have seen because it keeps the sponge out of my powder where it could make it messy. I also like that the mirror is not near the powder because the mirror will not get any smudges on it and it will keep its quick & easy functionality.

Now the price. The price can vary depending where you purchase but from my local drugstore I bought mine for about $7.99. At first I thought that was painful for a drugstore item but when I found how awesome the product was, I didn't mind paying that and now I think it's a damn bargain! I could go without this stuff but truthfully I wouldn't want to. I definitely recommend this to anyone--especially use gals who have the oily skin-- and I will continue to repurchase, lest I find something that can beat what it has to offer for a reasonable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by nermeenkishk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my all time favourite powder,i use it for 5 yrs now,iam madly in love with this powder,it is very soft and gives a natural look without looking cakey or anything.
    It makes my face matte and natural ,i simply love it
    Negs:the sponge is very bad .
    It gives a light to meduim coverage.
    But still the best powder ever.
    I revommend every one to give it a try. U will love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Bubbles98

Really love this powder, lasts on me for about 5 ish hours but i dont have a problem doing a little touch up at my locker, reallllyyyy smooth , kinda buttery if that makes sense

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I switched to this powder after the Rimmel Stay Matte powder (this broke me out like craaazy). And to say the least, I am very impressed with the results! I have extremely oily skin, and this helped to keep me from being shiny for 5 hours at a time (which BTW, is awesome). It's oil free, unlike the Rimmel Stay Matte (I recently discovered that it contained coconut oil... hm.), but it doesn't keep me poreless whatsoever.

The formula is great, it does go on a bit cakey, so I found it better if I used a little at a time.

LOVE! The packaging! The case is a bit thick, but understandable since it comes with a puff and a mirror, which makes it great if you were going to do touchups.

I'm not too crazy about the price, it goes for $10 here in Canada, although sometimes, if I'm lucky, I can get it 50% off.

I think this powder is going to be my new best friend for a while, I finally tackled my oily skin problems!!!

EDIT:

WOW. I burned through this stuff soooo quickly.... I took a lippie off, because this started to become realllyyyy cakey!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Beautyguru101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this powder. It's part of my daily makeup routine and has been for about 2 years now. I discovered this on a YouTube review when I was using a very high end powder (Chanel pressed powder). And although I loved that power, I felt like I was throwing away unnecessary money every time I bought it. So, I decided to go the drug store route.
    This powder is an awesome translucent powder! I use a very full coverage foundation, so all I use this for is to set my face makeup. It's awesome for touch ups during the day, very quick and simple. I normally use a large powder brush to apply it, but the puff it comes with isn't bad. The mirror underneath also comes in handy! It's very blend-able and silky feeling. I couldn't finish my makeup without it, and I normally get it for $7-$8. Such a steal!
    BUT if you are looking for a powder to give extra coverage, this is not for you. If you have an awesome foundation that covers everything, don't pass this baby up!