October 25, 2014 | 929 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Dawdlebean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I saw an advert for this in a magazine, and was struck by just how beautiful the bottle is. There was a sample strip attached and it smelt delightful. So for my birthday, my husband bought me a bottle from the Lauder website. He did go a bit pale when he saw the price mind :0)
Well what can I say.. easily my most favorite perfume, floral, not too green and lasts all day. I adore this and I am pleased to say it has become my signature scent. My friend said she could still smell it on a scarf and that it smelt wonderful.
As for the price, well my husband is not quite so enthused, but it does last and last. Just wish I could get hold of the solid fragrance in the compact , but it is not sold in the UK. .. sigh

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by estesmcc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After sampling this scent at Sniffa 2007, I finally splurged and bought a bottle this spring. I'm so glad I did! Normally tuberose and I do not get along well(Fracas being the notable exception), so I had been reluctant to even try this scent.

However, on my skin, I get mostly gardenia and something ever so sweetly green from this perfume. I get a faint hint of something warm and tropical as the scent dries down, but the tuberose is surprisingly unobtrusive on me. In addition, while the perfume is sweetly floral and has definite sillage, it is not nearly so strong as I had thought it would be. It makes me feel put together, but would never enter a room ahead of me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wrote a review for Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia about a month ago and after receiving my bottle; I've come to the conclusion that my previous review didn't do EL PTG justice. The scent is more beautiful than anything I've ever smelled in a fragrance. It speaks to me in volumes...... it is truly SensualSusanna in a bottle!
I can see why this was kept private for so long. It's a vivacious and bright melange of florals that is perfectly crafted; I can smell the tuberose (my favorite) and the gardenia --- both of which are not overly sweet. Neroli stands out on my skin; which makes the gardenia more gardenia-like and the tuberose, well more tuberose-like. Sadly, and all too quickly, the gardenia and tuberose subside on the skin --- but alas, the neroli shines thru and gives way to a wonderful drydown with whispers of the two tropical white sister flowers. However, if you spray this lovely on your clothes, your sheets or a scarf (very french), all the notes proudly stand out for days. It's absolutely lovely! Perfect for everyday, evening and particularily good for bedtime. A new favorite is born! Dare I say --- I even adore it more than Fracas! It's Fracas' grand-daughter --- that modernism has bestowed a new generation of this classic that is not as loud... but rather speaks more eloquently -- is more classically trained and just as timeless and beautiful. A new modern classic is revealed and I am revelling it is lusciousness. Kudos ... all hail Aerin Lauder.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 3:38:00 AM More reviews by jeanol

Such a beautiful smell. I love gardenia and have to say I am a fan of tuberose (one of my favourite fragrances is fracas) but in this I don't smell tuberose, just the gorgeous waft of gardenia; one of the prettiest smells around

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Far too heavy for me. I suppose that tuberose smell is too much for me. I would never wear something like that -- I don't feel comfortable with such a 'thick', 'buttery' fragrances. But for those who love tuberose & gardenia heavy/rich combination I believe it would be a nice stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Nam

I alternate this and Bond No 9 Chinatown as my everyday scents, because this is one of the most disconcertingly natural-smelling jasmine/tuberose compositions I've ever encountered. Ever. On me, it smells like the jasmine garlands you can buy on the street in Bombay. I'm sure a good part of the composition is synthetic, so even more kudos to the Estee Lauder team for figuring that one out. It may be a loud floral, it may be in your face, but oh. my. god. It's beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Perfumefan

Tropical and buttery are the first words that come to mind describing this sophisticated white floral. It's heady with excellent sillage and staying power, and I especially love how the tuberose and gardenia seem to take turns as the day goes on. Smells like a fresh bouquet; for all I know Hawaii could smell like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous. Beautiful. Outstanding. Multi-faceted. Amazing. This is one of the most wonderful fragrances I've ever had the delight to own! Tuberose Gardenia is ethereal, fresh, and enchanting. It's a balance of day and night: fluffy day-blooming gardenia, and silky night-blooming tuberose, that reveals these facets throughout wear. When I sampled this from a decant, by dabbing it on with my fingertips, it did not develop in the same way as when I spray. I bought the spray, and I much prefer it. After a couple of hours of wear, I keep smelling something so lovely I just about swoon - a sweet, vanilla-like mist. When the incredibly realistic smelling white florals end their solo and join the corps, an unusual, stunning fragrance emerges; like no other fragrance I've ever smelled. (But I'd almost bet that the general idea for this was inspired by Chanel Gardenia). This isn't merely a pretty floral, by any means. It's a "perfume", concocted to be one-of-a-kind. It rejuvenates throughout the day as well, so I continue to get rushes of joy from the smell of this. No one will mistake PC Tuberose Gardenia for any other fragrance, and it's bound to be a classic. I'm in love: The "This is the perfume I'd want if I were stranded on a desert island" kind of love. I haven't fallen this hard for a fragrance in three years...and Tuberose Gardenia has fulfilled the longing I've had for a new love. It is sublime.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Krista74

This sent is very overpowering! It opens up sharp, loud and headache inducing on me. I was fairly dissapointed with this fragrance since I'm such a huge EL fan. Oh, well...there's always Beyond Paradise!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 8:35:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, I was expecting something "More" I don't know what exactly, but for a perfume that price range, I was expecting something really unique. (although I did not buy it, I got a sample from a lovely swapper)
I was disappointed... Overpowering, bold, huge floral, where elegance is forgotten. Way too strong!
It opens up really “metallic” and “Medicinal” something like you smell in hospitals. Horrible… Luckily this lasts only some moments and then a BIG honeysuckle starts. To me it smells a lot honeysuckle and almost nothing tuberose.
Then I smelled Gardenia. Gardenia is nice, but it smell exactly the same as in Yves Rocher Pur Desir de Gardenia, (in this case YR makes is less opulent, more wearable and 20 times cheaper!!).
The gardenia lingers there forever, and the honeysuckle as well. I just get these two notes, and in BLOCKS!
And after the first 5 minutes… it triggers my migraine, doesn’t matter if I spray once, half or twice, my body (or my brain) does not like something in this frag.
And it's strange as it’s the only white flower that does me that (I have not headache whatsover with Jardins de Bagatelle, the above mentioned YR Pur Desir de Gardenia or Cabotine or any other tuberose or gardenia based perfume).
I can barely smell the base notes (vanilla, where are you?) as it is overpowered by honeysuckle & gardenia.
It would be a lovely frag, definitely crying out loud “here I am” .. I am not sure this resembles a tiny bit to anything Estée Lauder would have created.
To me, a big “no”.