July 30, 2014 | 1837 users online

Bronzers - Stila - Stila Sun SPF 15 Bronzing Powder - Shade 01

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this from a set and I've been using it on and off. It has no shimmer whatsoever. It gives my NC25/30 skin a nice natural bronze. I personally love pairing this with the MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation after I set it with MAC Mineralized Skin Finished Natural. The 3 combined gives my face a nice natural glowy sun kissed look. I go back and forth with this and my La Femme matte soft beige blush, but always find myself reaching more for this. The thing I noticed is when I tap my brush lightly on the compact the powder can get everywhere :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best bronzer I've had thus far. It feels almost creamy. I dust it on very lightly over my entire face to warm me up a bit. Being as fair as I am, foundations tend to wash me out and make me look ghastly. I would repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Kristi9630

I liked this at first, but I think that it maybe a little too orange for my fair skin. Also, I repurchased this because on the first one, the glue came loose in the compact so that the makeup part fell out, and it eventually broke, so I bought another and within two weeks the glue had given out on that one too. I do like the smoothness of this bronzer. It goes on great with a big loose bristled powder brush.
I like this enough to use it up, but I don't think I'd repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Kristenhonto

Very lightweight and matte, which is a good thing. But it's a little too orange for my skin. Overall, not all that impressive, particularly for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by annano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think that the packaging is tacky and the colour is too strong for pale people. I didn't use a lot and I had a good brush to apply it with, and yet it still managed to make me look like a clown.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After trying some drugstore bronzers I bought this one based on the reveiws here. I needed something that was fine milled to blend in because regardless of whatever intensity of bronzer I use, it shows up very nicely on my fair NC20 skin. This is good, not too pigmented but glowy, not shiny shimmery, very good basic product. If you were to compare this side by side with Nars Laguna, I think that Laguna looks like a light toasty brown and this to me is a tad orangier looking in the pan, however it doesn't show up orangy on the skin. I find that Stila's packaging doesn't appeal to me at all but the compact is in good condition and there is a great mirror. I got this in a Stila online sale as part of package. I would repurchase simply because it's a good basic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

great bronzing. i love the compact, it is very pretty with a build in mirror. the whole compact lasts a really long term with daily usage. it provides a nice colors around my cheeks. i mainly use this to highlight my cheek bones and then add a blush to it. it adds a nice warmth to my face. the texture is very silky and soft. great for bronzing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by jillwiersma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got this in the Lela Rose and beauty.com set off the Stila web site bc I was desperately wanting the e/s in Starlight and lipglaze in Cranberry. The site says the set includes this bronzer in 02 (the darker option) but I lucked out and got it in 01. I had pretty much written it off before it even arrived. I didn't feel too much more enthusiastic when I opened the compact. I thought for sure it would be too dark for my pasty white skin.
So I was very happily surprised when I swiped some on and realized that it goes on very sheer with little if no shimmer (a big perk in my book). Also *a very important note* it does not look like I rubbed dirt on my face or used a bad fake tanner. The color seems to work perfectly for my skin tone and it even matches my freckles. It camouflages some sun damage around my forehead/hairline area while it softens the look of my fairly large forehead, another perk.
I had given up wearing bronzer for a few years. There are several good ones, like Cargo's matte bronzer, but I just got tired of trying to make sure I didn't overdo it.
Big praise for Stila's buildable color with this product. Thank you!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2009 7:34:00 AM More reviews by ickdragon

I think what I meant to purchase was actually Stila Sun Highlighter, but instead came home with Stila SPF 15. There seems to be a difference. Stila Sun SPF 15 is a lovely bronzer for sure, but it doesn't have that ooomph. Or any sparkle. Just some color. After a light application, my skin does look sun-kissed. After checking the ingredients, I like that the product is oil-free. After an hour or two, my skin starts to feel really slick. Unfortunately, thanks to the added sunscreen, the bronzer makes my already oily skin more oily. I think for more normal skin types, this bronzer would be great. It applies well, blends easily and I could see the potential for it to be long lasting on non-oily skin types. I hope that Stila Sun Highlighter works better for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this 01. Perfect for my winter coloring without being obnoxious. The powder goes on soft and smoothly. Doesn't turn strange colors on my yellow undertone. Doesn't break me out. IMHO that's plenty for 5-star rating. Stila is my hero.