October 20, 2014 | 1584 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - loose powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 8:38:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pretty decent loose powder. It provides a decent amount of coverage. I just wish it lasted longer. I hate having oily skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2006 12:17:00 AM More reviews by you_killed_whatsername

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE the texture. It looks so natural. It's not too matte, not too sheer either.
Loose powders are waaaay better then pressed ones. But then it gets annoying fitting them in a tiny purse & having to worry about spilling.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunkie07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this powder. It looks very nice and natural. It sets foundation very well. The puff aplicator makes this powder very easy to apply. The only thing that I don't like is that the lid doesn't screw on, you just have to pop it on and off. I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2006 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Rockette13

For now, this is my HG powder. I am incredibly pale with super oily skin, and have yet to find a powder that matches my skin tone. I have this in "105 Translucent Fair" and it still isn't a decent match to my skintone. It is a bit too orange.

This powder does an ok job at keeping me matte. I still have to blot and repowder often. In the morning, I apply this all over my face pretty thickly with the provided puff. Then I buff the excess off with my own powder brush. I do this throughout the day.

This was about $5.50 at Walgreens. I am going to continue to repurchase this until I find a lighter, equally cheap loose powder that can control my oil. I would like to try Jane powder, but my Walgreens hasn't gotten it in yet.

Overall, I would recommend this.

EDIT: I have moved on to Coty Loose Powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by tinymissmelissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love how well the powder evens out the skin color on my blotchy acne prone face and I like the shimmery effect it has. But this powder contains talc, which irritates my skin. This caused me to break out in a bunch of tiny pimples all over my face. I haven't used any new products or anything besides this loose powder, so the only thing I could figure is that this product must've caused me to break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2006 6:06:00 PM More reviews by larelin

I think the most frustrating thing about this powder is the packaging. The lid comes off very easily. The plastic is very cheap, the first time I dropped it the lid cracked almost completely in half. Besides that, the powder is okay.. I use it over foundation but it doesn't really seem to help the foundation last any longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2006 8:51:00 PM More reviews by moebid

I purchased this because I was at a conference and had forgotten to bring my regular loose powder. This powder does contain fragrance, but it does fade after a while (or my nose gets used to it, I'm not entirely sure which). This powder goes on matte with a faint hint of shimmer. It does well to control oil when applied initially, but it seems to make it worse if left on for longer than a few hours. I recommend you throw away the poof it comes with and use a powder brush instead. I use this powder as a backup but there are many out there that are much better. Just a warning, the packaging is fragile and breaks easily. I will probably not be repurchasing as it will last forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2006 6:42:00 AM More reviews by natalie32211

I kinda like this product but it isn't what I expected it to be.I dont like the puff because it dosent make the powder glide well and it smells wierd.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by asian_eyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i agree with some of the other users in that it has a wierd smell to it. but no worries the smell disappears after you apply it. it really makes my skin soft but since my skin isnt rough to begin with i dont use it ofter. i do use it after i put on concealer for my dark circles then i use this powder around my eye area to make the concealer blend naturally. it makes your skin appear very smooth with no flaws. i use a brush to put the powder on. i think that works better. i dont htink i will need to repurchase it because it looks like it will last a longg time. also i find that this powder is very thin and not thick like other covergirl powders. thats a plus.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2005 10:50:00 PM More reviews by cheral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in translucent honey, which is actually a little dark for my skin so I am just going to use it as bronzer. It is an ok powder though. The packaging is really bad though, the container seems really cheap and its hard to screw on. Also the puff is a little bulky. It has a fragrance to it that I'm ok with but I can see it bothering some people.
I am going to give this a 2 because they really should say it has glitter in it and if people are hoping to use this as a 'professional' loose powder then they will have bought something useless. also i think there are better loose powders out there with better packaging for around the same price.