September 23, 2014 | 1784 users online

Hair Color - Color Oops - Regular Strength Hair Color Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by broya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Confused by my results.
First of all, I am super impressed that this stuff didnt make me look like a spotted leopard or striped tiger! I had MANY colors put onto my hair in the last 6 months. Originally I had long bright blonde hair. My natural is more strawberry blonde. Before fall, I decided to go warm, auburnish. Since then I had had reds, browns, ash, golden, etc. put in. I just could not find the right hue that worked and I was getting tired off root touch ups. So, alas I thought lets just stripped it and see what happens. I got color oops, and left it on for the 20 minutes with a cap, sitting in the warm sun. After showering, my hair was a BRIGHT peach like color--scary kind of. So I blew out my hair and WOW, it was an even Copper like blonde--not bad really. My boyfriend liked it. So I thought great I will keep it like this for awhile. However the NEXT day it was so much darker. It went to this reddish brown color, like a light auburn. I loved it, but was confused by it. How did it darken up so much overnight? Well, I am sticking with it for now. It looks pretty natural and my hair is relatively healthy and shiny. (I did lose some clumps in the shower, but thats expected with "stripping"). When my roots grow in, I may try another Oops box. I will update if I do.
PS- It did smell terrible! Like a nasty sulfur sewage dump. And it lingers, but its better than paying $$$ to a hairdresser, who would probably just screw up your hair and damage it just the same--saying this from MANY instances of experiencing terrible stylists who think they know what they are doing--its like bleach powder is their best friend and go-to. Bleach over dyed bleached hair equals MAJOR hair damage and hair loss, Oh which equals more money spent because you now need a professional haircut to cut layers in your hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by kiwimeow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Just used Color Oops tonight for the first time, and I am sooooo pissed off and angry.

I did about 2 1/2 hour or more of research before I bought it, and *most* of them seemed very positive, so I was willing to take the risk. I have bright/medium pink (magenta hair). Underneath was what blonde before it went pink, green months and month before that for almost a year and black before that.

I followed all the directions and my hair is the UGLIEST shade of medium/dark blue. If I could have know it was going to do this, I certainly wouldn't have bought it and just would have used a wee bit of bleach to get a lighter pink/blonde....Cause thats what I wanted and thats what I thought this product would do, since the color before it went magenta, was super light blonde...almost white.

The magenta I used was Punky Color, and after having it pink for 4 months with no re-dying and tons of washing with head and shoulders (which is supposed to fade color) It was only maybe a half shade lighter than when I originally dyed it.

So so mad. Hope this prevents someone else with similar hair color from making the same mistake I did. I was trying to be kinder to my hair by not bleaching it, but I really wish I could turn back time now and never NEVER have used this product. FML.

Luckily, I wear wigs daily (cause Im trying to leave my hair alone and let it grow and get healthy)
Guess I'll just continue to do that....And be lucky I dont have a boyfriend in this country who would have to see this disgusting color on my head everyday and every night.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by RinaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, this product does its job. It removes your hair color. Don't expect any more from it though, It just removes your hair color completely.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Booiloveyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, i had dyed my hair black for the second time, and i didnt seem to look good in it. It has been over a mounth after i decied to use color opps, i mean it works, but i still have to dye it another color becasue the color that it leaves you looks okay, but not the best. Other wise yes it works. The smell is nasty! We had some left over, and dumped it out and it was so nasty smelling. Well of course we used a spray bottle becasue the packaging didnt have the applicatiore in it! So we used that and we had to leave the bathroom while in the process of my hair! We had the fan on and the window open! The smell is so nasty, you guys really need to change the smell!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by gagaformakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

So. This is the story girl who once had the wonderful idea to dye her golden blonde / light brown hair dark brown. Dark, DARK brown. Almost black brown. Yuck.

The dark brown hair looked terrible, and she wanted it removed as quickly as possible. She tried everything. First, she just washed it again and again with a non-color protecting shampoo. When that didn't work, she realized she would have to take more drastic action.

The girl did her research and tried out a number of home remedies that had the potential to remove hair dye. First, she tried dish detergent (yes, she was so desperate she actually put Dawn dish detergent--the same kind they use to clean animals after an oil spill--in her hair). Next she tried a concoction of baking soda and clarifying shampoo and experienced little success. She continued: hot oil treatments, Vitamin-C mixtures that sat in her hair for hours at a time, harsh dandruff and baby shampoo. Nothing worked. Even after all those treatments, her hair was only slightly less dark than before.

Fearing she would soon do permanent damage to her hair, the girl made one last ditch effort: Color Oops. The first time she used Color Opps, the girl did not distribute it evenly throughout her hair, and she did not saturate her hair completely. Mistake. The girl's hair was completely unaffected by the product.

But. The girl was desperate, so she decided to give Color Oops one more shot. This time, she used a wide toothed comb to completely saturate all of her hair. Further, she did not let her hair become tangled and matted as she rinsed (like she did the last time). This time, she combed her hair throughout the entire rinsing process, helping to coax the evil black dye from her hair. And she didn't just rinse for 20 minutes as the instructions on the box told her to. No. She rinsed for a full hour, complete with shampoos in between. And this time, this time it worked. Though her hair was still tinted with the nasty dark dye, it was, in fact, significantly lightened by the Color Oops.

But seriously, guys. If you're really desperate, Color Oops does work. However, word to the wise: the single most important step in using this product is rinsing it out. Once you think you're done rinsing, rinse some more. And if you think you're done after that, rinse more. Rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse. Oh, and comb through your hair as you rinse. Color Oops made my hair really tangly and matted, so I just kept combing as I rinsed.

Now I feel as though my hair has potential to be back to normal. I won't dye it again, but I am going to use the John Frieda Go Blonder Shampoo and Conditioner to try to continue to lighten my hair back to its original color.

After going through my whole fiasco, I bought a really nice conditioner ( the Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque) and it has helped my hair tons. You'll need a good conditioner after using Color Oops, and your hair deserves it after this torture!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by bobcat918

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff has saved me twice now from awful professional colors. If you read the box carefully and complete the full rinse cycle, it works perfectly. The box is clear that it will not work for very dark or solid colors. I have a strawberry blonde natural color that stylists keep turning deep brunette instead of pumping up the red. After three "fixes" I just used this instead and it worked perfectly.

It is VERY important that you complete the full rinse time. It's a looooong time to sit under the shower so just plop down in the tub and go to your happy place. Use a kitchen timer since 20 minutes feels way longer than you would "guess".

It does stink but I guess that's the price we pay for bad color :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by amontano

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just used it last night before dinner.YES,it's smelly, but I had about 5 different dyes on my super long hair. (waist lenght). My natural hair is light brown, in the last year I dyed it
-RUBY RED (LOREAL BY FERIA) in February.
After a month I covered it with some brown shade that turned dark red.
Went to the salon and paid a friend to fix it before my wedding, I wanted Chocolate brown but she couln't get it other shade than dark auburn :(

I dyed it with herbashine DARK GOLDEN BROWN around May. Turned black for a couple weeks. Washed out a bit but the bottom half of my hair had black/dark red strikes and some strikes of a lighter shade that looked bleached.

I bought Garnier Nutrisse Hair Color: 60 Acorn - Light Natural Brown and it only grabbed to the top of my hair again and the bottom was still dark.

I decided to use COLOR OOPS that I bought a while ago but was too afraid at first. One box was enought for my long hair (straight and not so thin). I think it looks kind of cool actually but I still want a chocolate brwon so I'll let my hair rest for 2 weeks before applying HERBASHINE again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Rachel76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Read the WHOLE review!

So I dyed my hair Soft Black with ColorSilk by Revlon. That was about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It's just too dark on me. And no, this wasn't the first time I've dyed my hair black and hated it.

I saw this stuff on the shelf and bought it, thinking it was a bleach kit, since that's what I figured I'd need and read the ingredients when I got home....OH NO! It wasn't bleach! I though NO WAY is this stuff going to do diddly on my dyed black hair.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!! Not only did it get rid of the black....but unlike bleach, it left it this BEAUTIFUL coppery strawberry blonde!!! I'm NOT joking...I don't even need to re dye it. And the color is even and great! I'm SHOCKED and a CONVERT. It's not my natural color, but it looks great on me!

My only problem is how to get my hair this awesome color when it starts to grow out. :D

EDIT!!!
So I went to dye my hair...I picked a light auburn brown and used a 30 volume developer. MY HAIR IS BLACK AGAIN!!! Apparently this color oops just shrinks the dye molecules and then they just COME BACK or get REACTIVATED when you re-dye your hair! :p THIS SUCKS.

IF YOU DYED YOUR HAIR BLACK.....BLEACH IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT OUT. Sorry folks!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Emily6644

I decided to color my hair dark brown but to my dismay came out Black . My brother went out the next to buy Color Oops after reading really good reviews . I followed the steps very carefully and the color came out perfectly ! My hair is just a tiny bit darker than my normal color but that is okay .

The worst part about the product was the HORRIBLE smell of sulfur . However , it was a small price to pay for the great job it did .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by runninshoes

After dying my naturally dark brown hair, well, dark brown to get rid of summer highlights that brought out an orangey color from a past bad salon job, I ended up with black hair. (I used the brand new John Freida foam in black-brown, so I guess I should've known it would turn black.) I have tan skin and brown eyes, but it still looked too jarring and unnatural with my face...especially since my hair is short and falls right around my cheeks...not a good look. I almost chopped off my hair to get back to my natural color quicker, but then I read all about Color Oops. I was desperate to eliminate the harshness of the black, so I went out and paid the $14.99 at CVS. The smell wasn't as bad as everyone said. It smells less harsh than a perm. My husband didn't even notice the smell when he got home from work. The rinsing was the worst. I ended up sitting in my shower so I didn't pass out around the 15 minute mark, because I was starting to feel woozy. After all the steps were complete, my hair was a rich brown color, but with a slight orangey-red look to it. The color is even throughout--no brass roots, etc, but I really wish my hair was just brown without the red stuff. (Don't get me wrong...when I say orangey-red, it's BARELY there and predominantly brown.) I read in a review below that a toner can take the oranges and reds out, so I MIGHT try that. All said and done, I prefer my Color Oops color far over the too harsh black. It is less jarring and stands out far less than the black. Now, if I could just get back to my natural brown, I'd never touch hair color again! p.s. My hair is in just fine shape after the Color Oops...perhaps because I don't use many heating tools and don't usually dye my hair. It's healthy still.