October 31, 2014 | 1405 users online

Hair Color - Color Oops - Regular Strength Hair Color Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been blonde for years and decided to go back closer to my natural color. I did my hair medium brown using a 'semi-permanent'. It turned nearly black, and I couldn't stand it! Tried hot oil, head and shoulders, clarifying shampoo with a mixture of baking soda in it... hardly a fade! Groan! Weep! Wail and lament! So I bit the bullet and bought this. I was terrified after reading the reviews, but figured wigs these days are awfully pretty, if worst came to worst. It was about 16 bucks Canadian - in my bad hair situation, that was a steal! i donned the gloves, mixed the bottles, and threw the runny, clear mixture in as fast as i could! O.k gals... so it doesn't smell like roses, but it's not unbearably foul either. A mild sulfurous smell at worst. After 20 mins, all was looking promising- a freaky, light orange and goldish color greeted me in the mirror,but it was all good, because i had a color ready to throw in when all was done. Heck, I was just grateful to be light again! I turned on the tunes, and set in for the 20 minute shower rinse. I had my shower comb to keep from tangling, and after 10 mins I used a clarifying shampoo, rinsed for 5 more minutes, and realized the product wasn't damaging my hair- the extensive rinsing was! So I chose to stop rinsing at 15 mins, and threw on a deep conditioning hair hair masque for a few more mins. When my hair felt out of the danger zone, I rinsed yet again and dried my hair and pruney self off. I realize I could have rinsed (starting to hate that word!) longer for lighter results, but my hair dried a nice, very light golden brown that is actually complimentary enough that I have chose not to re-color, and because I heard my hair cry 'uncle' and deep conditioned before the damage got done, it feels soft and looks great! I had really only wanted to fade the color in the first place, but for those of you that want total removal: RINSE RINSE AND RINSE SOME MORE!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by dropdeadlovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this to lift black dye out of m dark brown hair
it did nothing and there wasnt enough for my hair
but i saturated my bangs and they remained black
but i used them on hair extensions and it lifted the black out
although i used the extra conditioning my hair felt like straw
never buy again !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by broya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Confused by my results.
First of all, I am super impressed that this stuff didnt make me look like a spotted leopard or striped tiger! I had MANY colors put onto my hair in the last 6 months. Originally I had long bright blonde hair. My natural is more strawberry blonde. Before fall, I decided to go warm, auburnish. Since then I had had reds, browns, ash, golden, etc. put in. I just could not find the right hue that worked and I was getting tired off root touch ups. So, alas I thought lets just stripped it and see what happens. I got color oops, and left it on for the 20 minutes with a cap, sitting in the warm sun. After showering, my hair was a BRIGHT peach like color--scary kind of. So I blew out my hair and WOW, it was an even Copper like blonde--not bad really. My boyfriend liked it. So I thought great I will keep it like this for awhile. However the NEXT day it was so much darker. It went to this reddish brown color, like a light auburn. I loved it, but was confused by it. How did it darken up so much overnight? Well, I am sticking with it for now. It looks pretty natural and my hair is relatively healthy and shiny. (I did lose some clumps in the shower, but thats expected with "stripping"). When my roots grow in, I may try another Oops box. I will update if I do.
PS- It did smell terrible! Like a nasty sulfur sewage dump. And it lingers, but its better than paying $$$ to a hairdresser, who would probably just screw up your hair and damage it just the same--saying this from MANY instances of experiencing terrible stylists who think they know what they are doing--its like bleach powder is their best friend and go-to. Bleach over dyed bleached hair equals MAJOR hair damage and hair loss, Oh which equals more money spent because you now need a professional haircut to cut layers in your hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by kiwimeow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Just used Color Oops tonight for the first time, and I am sooooo pissed off and angry.

I did about 2 1/2 hour or more of research before I bought it, and *most* of them seemed very positive, so I was willing to take the risk. I have bright/medium pink (magenta hair). Underneath was what blonde before it went pink, green months and month before that for almost a year and black before that.

I followed all the directions and my hair is the UGLIEST shade of medium/dark blue. If I could have know it was going to do this, I certainly wouldn't have bought it and just would have used a wee bit of bleach to get a lighter pink/blonde....Cause thats what I wanted and thats what I thought this product would do, since the color before it went magenta, was super light blonde...almost white.

The magenta I used was Punky Color, and after having it pink for 4 months with no re-dying and tons of washing with head and shoulders (which is supposed to fade color) It was only maybe a half shade lighter than when I originally dyed it.

So so mad. Hope this prevents someone else with similar hair color from making the same mistake I did. I was trying to be kinder to my hair by not bleaching it, but I really wish I could turn back time now and never NEVER have used this product. FML.

Luckily, I wear wigs daily (cause Im trying to leave my hair alone and let it grow and get healthy)
Guess I'll just continue to do that....And be lucky I dont have a boyfriend in this country who would have to see this disgusting color on my head everyday and every night.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by RinaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, this product does its job. It removes your hair color. Don't expect any more from it though, It just removes your hair color completely.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Booiloveyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, i had dyed my hair black for the second time, and i didnt seem to look good in it. It has been over a mounth after i decied to use color opps, i mean it works, but i still have to dye it another color becasue the color that it leaves you looks okay, but not the best. Other wise yes it works. The smell is nasty! We had some left over, and dumped it out and it was so nasty smelling. Well of course we used a spray bottle becasue the packaging didnt have the applicatiore in it! So we used that and we had to leave the bathroom while in the process of my hair! We had the fan on and the window open! The smell is so nasty, you guys really need to change the smell!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by gagaformakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

So. This is the story girl who once had the wonderful idea to dye her golden blonde / light brown hair dark brown. Dark, DARK brown. Almost black brown. Yuck.

The dark brown hair looked terrible, and she wanted it removed as quickly as possible. She tried everything. First, she just washed it again and again with a non-color protecting shampoo. When that didn't work, she realized she would have to take more drastic action.

The girl did her research and tried out a number of home remedies that had the potential to remove hair dye. First, she tried dish detergent (yes, she was so desperate she actually put Dawn dish detergent--the same kind they use to clean animals after an oil spill--in her hair). Next she tried a concoction of baking soda and clarifying shampoo and experienced little success. She continued: hot oil treatments, Vitamin-C mixtures that sat in her hair for hours at a time, harsh dandruff and baby shampoo. Nothing worked. Even after all those treatments, her hair was only slightly less dark than before.

Fearing she would soon do permanent damage to her hair, the girl made one last ditch effort: Color Oops. The first time she used Color Opps, the girl did not distribute it evenly throughout her hair, and she did not saturate her hair completely. Mistake. The girl's hair was completely unaffected by the product.

But. The girl was desperate, so she decided to give Color Oops one more shot. This time, she used a wide toothed comb to completely saturate all of her hair. Further, she did not let her hair become tangled and matted as she rinsed (like she did the last time). This time, she combed her hair throughout the entire rinsing process, helping to coax the evil black dye from her hair. And she didn't just rinse for 20 minutes as the instructions on the box told her to. No. She rinsed for a full hour, complete with shampoos in between. And this time, this time it worked. Though her hair was still tinted with the nasty dark dye, it was, in fact, significantly lightened by the Color Oops.

But seriously, guys. If you're really desperate, Color Oops does work. However, word to the wise: the single most important step in using this product is rinsing it out. Once you think you're done rinsing, rinse some more. And if you think you're done after that, rinse more. Rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse. Oh, and comb through your hair as you rinse. Color Oops made my hair really tangly and matted, so I just kept combing as I rinsed.

Now I feel as though my hair has potential to be back to normal. I won't dye it again, but I am going to use the John Frieda Go Blonder Shampoo and Conditioner to try to continue to lighten my hair back to its original color.

After going through my whole fiasco, I bought a really nice conditioner ( the Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque) and it has helped my hair tons. You'll need a good conditioner after using Color Oops, and your hair deserves it after this torture!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by bobcat918

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff has saved me twice now from awful professional colors. If you read the box carefully and complete the full rinse cycle, it works perfectly. The box is clear that it will not work for very dark or solid colors. I have a strawberry blonde natural color that stylists keep turning deep brunette instead of pumping up the red. After three "fixes" I just used this instead and it worked perfectly.

It is VERY important that you complete the full rinse time. It's a looooong time to sit under the shower so just plop down in the tub and go to your happy place. Use a kitchen timer since 20 minutes feels way longer than you would "guess".

It does stink but I guess that's the price we pay for bad color :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by amontano

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just used it last night before dinner.YES,it's smelly, but I had about 5 different dyes on my super long hair. (waist lenght). My natural hair is light brown, in the last year I dyed it
-RUBY RED (LOREAL BY FERIA) in February.
After a month I covered it with some brown shade that turned dark red.
Went to the salon and paid a friend to fix it before my wedding, I wanted Chocolate brown but she couln't get it other shade than dark auburn :(

I dyed it with herbashine DARK GOLDEN BROWN around May. Turned black for a couple weeks. Washed out a bit but the bottom half of my hair had black/dark red strikes and some strikes of a lighter shade that looked bleached.

I bought Garnier Nutrisse Hair Color: 60 Acorn - Light Natural Brown and it only grabbed to the top of my hair again and the bottom was still dark.

I decided to use COLOR OOPS that I bought a while ago but was too afraid at first. One box was enought for my long hair (straight and not so thin). I think it looks kind of cool actually but I still want a chocolate brwon so I'll let my hair rest for 2 weeks before applying HERBASHINE again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Rachel76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Read the WHOLE review!

So I dyed my hair Soft Black with ColorSilk by Revlon. That was about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It's just too dark on me. And no, this wasn't the first time I've dyed my hair black and hated it.

I saw this stuff on the shelf and bought it, thinking it was a bleach kit, since that's what I figured I'd need and read the ingredients when I got home....OH NO! It wasn't bleach! I though NO WAY is this stuff going to do diddly on my dyed black hair.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!! Not only did it get rid of the black....but unlike bleach, it left it this BEAUTIFUL coppery strawberry blonde!!! I'm NOT joking...I don't even need to re dye it. And the color is even and great! I'm SHOCKED and a CONVERT. It's not my natural color, but it looks great on me!

My only problem is how to get my hair this awesome color when it starts to grow out. :D

EDIT!!!
So I went to dye my hair...I picked a light auburn brown and used a 30 volume developer. MY HAIR IS BLACK AGAIN!!! Apparently this color oops just shrinks the dye molecules and then they just COME BACK or get REACTIVATED when you re-dye your hair! :p THIS SUCKS.

IF YOU DYED YOUR HAIR BLACK.....BLEACH IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT OUT. Sorry folks!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No