July 25, 2014 | 1535 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Pleasures Delight

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Steph6614

As soon as I smelled this in a magazine sample I wanted to go buy it! I finally bought the smaller bottle and I love it! It is a sweet smelling perfume, but not so sweet you want to throw up. My mom is bothered by most perfumes, but she loves this one! She even asked to use some of mine. It is a bit strong for a really hot summer day, so I'll wear it more when it starts to cool off. The way the perfume smells reminds me of Valentine's Day or something. It smells just how I imagine all of the sweets in the advertisement would smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 7:54:00 AM More reviews by juad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another "flowerbomb" fragrance. Smells like freesia dying in a big cotton candy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first saw the ad for this, I got excited. With all the cupcakes and other sweets in the advertisment, I thought it would be more gourmand (vanilla). Instead, it reaked of flowers...harsh flowers. It doesn't stand out as anything special, just very generic. This is just your average department store fragrance. Easily forgettable.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by marquita19

Out of the bottle this smells really nice, however when I sprayed it on my skin it came on really strong. It lasted a really long time too but I could not wait to wash it off once I got home. My mom even told me I smelled like mentholatum or medicine. It could be my body chemistry but definitely not a keeper for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

I was pleased to get a sample of this as I love the original Pleasures, but this was not what I expected. As others have noted, it's an Angel clone that is a little lighter on the patchouli. I do find it more tolerable than Angel, but overall, scents that are heavy on the patchouli just aren't my thing. I'm not crazy about Coco Mademoiselle, either. For those who do like Angel and Mademoiselle, this will probably be right up your alley. And it has excellent staying power. I can't say that I blame Estee Lauder for wanting to capitalize on the current craze for sugary sweet scents, but I hope at some point the people who design these fragrances will get a little more creative, and every new scent won't smell like somebody's take on Angel or Pink Sugar.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by BindiBengal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG fragrance for spring and summer. It's sweet, it's strong, and it's blush pink! It's everything I can ask for in a scent, and it works perfectly with my chemistry. I have never been a fan of the Pleasures line, but this one is so different and lovely that I have become a die hard fan. I even have the lotion and body gel, and both match the fragrance of the parfum perfectly.

Notes used in Pleasures Delight are:
Top Notes: Juicy Pomegranate, fresh Greens, Freesia, whipped Strawberry Meringue.

Middle Notes: White Peony and Lily, Muguet, Heliotrope.

Base Notes: Sugared Rose Petals, Caramel, Marshmallow, Vanilla, Patchouli.

Despite all the notes, the main ones that appear on me are strawberry, vanilla, marshmallow, and peach (!!). It has a slight tropical quality, which makes it perfect for warm weather. And even though it is strong, it is not cloying on me. The blush-pink bottle is adorable with it's brushed silver cap.

All in all, I will purchase as long as they make it. I'm almost finished with my small bottle, and when I run out I will be purchasing the largest one they make.:)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by AliceNWonderland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my top fragrances. When I wear it to work I have had people follow me down the hall just to find out what scent I am wearing. I like this so much better than the orginal pleasures, this has a candy sweet note that I love. I don't have to use much of this at all, I think it can be overpowering if you use a heavy handed spray. It is a heavier scent but I still love it for summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by tecky

I never liked pleasures delight.The scent gives me headache & it smells like "Deet"- anti mosquito lotion !!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by vyxxyn

As soon as I smelled this on an advertisement peel off tab, I knew I gotta have it!!! Luckily I bought a miniature sampler bottle on ebay and it arrived today. Firstly I hate HATE the original Pleasures as it smells of rotten eggs on anyone. Delight is sweet and tasty like candy shop aroma within the first 5 minutes of spraying, then transforms to more sweet floral than delectable for the next couple of hours, before eventually drying down to a base very reminiscent of Lolita Lempicka. This disappoints me because I was hoping the very unique top note stayed consistent throughout, but what I'm left with at the end of the day is an unimaginative cheap replica of a perfume another designer was made famous for.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by cat1203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thought this was going to be light and airy but found it heavy and cloying. Gave me a headache. Way to heavy. The dry down made it even worse. Had an "old" and cheap drugstore feel to me. Doesn't smell at all like the original Pleasures in the least which is light and pretty. I was going to give it a 2 as I save 1's for the disasters like Eternity and Jacobs "Ivy" as it's not nearly as awful as those two.. but if something gives me a headache and flips my stomach.. it gets a 1.