October 23, 2014 | 1709 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Color Ideal

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by letseat

I'm asian so I have rather yellow skin, and this foundation matches me perfectly! Even though my face colour is lighter than my neck, this matches my neck colour, I don't know how but it looks Fab!

I use this foundation at night time as it has medium coverage. I don't need any concealor as it covers all my acne and acne scars!!! Despite the SPF15, it doesn't photograph white which is great!

It's also oil-free and has great staying power for the whole day! I party all night and by the end of the night, my skin still looks flawless! I have combo oily skin and I use an oil-free primer with this and it doesn't give a flaky finish! It's fab!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by snactres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm Asian with yellow undertones and oily skin. Right now, during the summer, my skin is darker so I mix this with a tinted moisturizer from Lancome that's just slightly darker than my normal skin color right now. The shade I use for Color Ideal is II-40 (W). Whenever I put it on, it looks too light for me but 20 minutes later, the color matches my skin. I have no idea how it really works, but I swear it turns darker...maybe it's oxidation?

Again, another one of the things about this foundation that's kind of annoying is that it's so mattifying that it dries out my normally very oily skin. This makes my pores look huge and my skin very uneven, displaying all the bumps on my skin. I have to point out that this is under fluorescent lighting, but I'm under fluorescent lighting most of the time so it's fair that I'm writing the review in consideration of my normal lighting.

Anyway, since it's summer, most of the time I just use my ring finger and pat this onto my bad spots and use it as a concealer. It works great this way and I actually look much better with this method rather than covering my entire face with this. It blends into my skin, and that's no small feat--it's always been hard for me to find a shade that matches my skin color.

For spots you want to cover up, you want to use the exact shade, any other color would just enhance it more. You also don't want it to be too dewy or too matte, it would also bring out the blemishes/discolorations more. For undereyes, on the other hand, you want to use a shade lighter. My eye circles aren't that bad (yet) so I still use this for both. It's light enough so that it works just as a concealer.

It's expensive for 1 oz. but it's lasted me for about 6 months so far. If you're like me and it's hard for you to find a cover-up or foundation that matches your skin tone and you're on the oily side, try this. Before, when I just used a concealer, it would always be either too ashy or too light to blend into my face and I'd just have white/ashy patches all over.

Try some samples at your lancome counter and look at it under all conditions--humid, hot, rainy, snowy, fluorescent lighting, iridescent lighting, in the sun, on a cloudy day, etc. Good luck!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Lancome does good products but I guess this foundation was launched just to follow the wave - there was a time 3 or 4 years ago when each house was launching a light texture/light coverage makup, like Color Clone etc.
This foundation was and is not a success, and I heard somewhere it will be soon discontinued (well, wouldn't be a great loss!). I had a bottle (that I never manager to finish) in the lightest shade of the range .
Color Range is good - Lancome has a good range, but coverage is non-existant, you get shiny (if you have combo skin) the next hour, by noon the makeup is messed up and it has melted on your face.
A useless product, don't waste your money on that!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by moncj66

well, today i went to macys just to get samples..but so far this doesn't give me any coverage. I mean whats the point of foundation, if its not gonna do anything. I do think it dries too fast! i haven't even rubbed it in yet and its gone. OK, i don't think i will buy this, but two stars for a good color match! I think im gonna try the teint dole next.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2008 3:59:00 AM More reviews by ElleChick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My sister works at the make up counter and she practically forced me to let her give me a make over. So i said yes and she used a pretty generous amount of this, and put a little powder over it. I was disgusted when i looked in the mirror! (and it wasn't the geisha-like blush). This makes porses show like crazy!! And mine are pretty small! I saw little dots all over my face! She gave me the supposedly right shade, but it was too light, and made me look like is was fair-toned. This stuff is also very expensive! It gave good coverage, but made my face look horrible! I don't even use the sample she gave me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Bizarre, terrible foundation! So grateful this was a big sample, not a purchase. The concept, shades, and packaging are great, but the product itself is just plain bad. It immediately settled into pores so I had little dots all over my face. It caked on minor dry areas and never blended. I don't get it! I miss the old Teinte Idole, with the amazing shades, look, and wearability.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by VoxClamantis

Someone mentioned the similarity of this product to L'Oreal’s True Match. I also have both and while they are similar, I’ve found that the True Match separates after application and leaves an uneven finish on my skin. The Lancome definitely a superior formulation to the True Match, but not as good as my Armani Luminous Silk (all L'Ooreal companies). I use Lancome as my everyday foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by LoveMyMarine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really really wanted to like this foundation. Luckily the sales girl at the counter gave me a generous sample to try out first. I am on my 5th month of accutane and my skin is looking so beautiful, no more acne (horray!!!) I have no need for a full-coverage foundation anymore, so i wanted to find a light weight foundation that would just buff out some red areas on my face. The color (I-20) matched my skin really really well, the texture is very soft and blends in perfectly. At first it looked a little light for my skin but after a few mins it adjusts to your skin tone. I wore it for 2 days and each day i got a new pimple (which is very odd for me to even get one since im on my 5th month of accutane and hadnt had any flareups in months!) I was really sad and had hoped it was just hormones and not the makeup, but i was wrong. Everynight i wash my face 2x's with my cetaphil cleanser to make sure i get all traces of makeup off. On the 2nd day of using this makeup I was washing my face in the evening and noticed some makeup spots on my white facecloth when i wiped my face. I got out some toner and it took FIVE cotton balls soaking wet with toner to wipe off all the Color Ideal from my face!!! This stuff matched my own skin tone i couldnt even see the traces left behind after washing my face 2x's. Sadly this stuff didnt work 4 me, but i hope it will for others.
:o(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by tracyliuu

I like this foundation. Although it's on the pricey side, one should realize that no makeup looks good on your face if your complexion is bad, so I'd say that you should spend good money on a foundation (not necessarily expensive, but you have to choose one that fits). Normally I am not a big fan of foundation because they always look made up, but not with this foundation. I started looking out for foundations after I got major problems with breakouts. Now that the breakouts are no longer active, they they left me with nasty scars that wouldn't fade away for months! So I tried some foundations from different brands, and this one is so far one of the best. I bought a Shiseido stick foundation which I really loved, but it broke me out and so I had to stop using it. Because the redness from the scars had gone worse, I really felt not confident walking out. So I decided to go out and hunt for another foundation. I've tried Lancome Adaptive liquid foundation before and it was decent, so I went to the Lancome counter again. The lady found a match for me immediately, so I felt good at the counter. I brought it home and tried it myself. First, you really don't need a lot, just 1-1.5 pump, at most 2 pumps and it's good enough to cover up the whole face. It dries quickly but you would still be able to sorta blend it, and it works into your skin by itself. At first it looked a little darker than I expected, but wait it for like 10 seconds the foundation itself "adapts" into your skin. I looked natural in this foundation and the finishing is flawless. However, it tends to dry into a sorta powdery look on my upper lip area because I have huge pores there. So the second time I used it I used lots of moisturizer on my face and it solved the problem. It leaves a matte look without the shine, stays on pretty good, so I recommend this foundation. Two things to keep in mind though. First, really use moisturizer before applying foundation, because it makes a huge different on this one, since it's a matte look. Second, go light with the foundation; if you use too much it'll definitely look cakey, no matter which brand you use. So give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by VicklePickle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a little too powdery looking for my normal to dry skin, but the really crazy thing about this is that I put L'Oreal's True Match on one half of my face and this on the other and they looked, wore, and felt identical. Not that surprising since the two companies are owned by the same corp, but shocking that they're charging so much more for this one. If you like this, try True Match and save some dollars!