April 18, 2014 | 1437 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Giorgio Armani - Master Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by kpodaru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have searched high and low for a great corrector / concealer and today, I found it.

I just picked up this corrector in #2 (it's orange-based) and it works perfectly. I'm asian with dark circles under my eyes but my circles are more on the dark brown side; I suspect part of the coloring has to do with hyper pigmentation of my skin.

I also have dry skin but this fluid is perfect - it's light, blends extremely well (and so easily) and you can layer it if you didn't apply enough the first time.

The other creamy concealers I've used in the past always ended up cakey near the end of the day but this has serious staying power, works amazingly well for my skin tone and hides my circles. I LOVE THIS!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by vkoons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so this is my first review on MUA. I am a fairly new member, but definitely a seasoned veteran when it comes to under eye products. I have very dark under eye circles and having (not to toot my own horn) fair and very blemish free skin causes my circles to stand out more. Depending on the amount of sleep I get, these heriditary circles can range from red to purple with blue shading. As anyone who suffers from this frustrating issue know, I have tried everything to disguise these bad boys. For years I have searched for a good product. Most drugstore concealers are either not the right consistency or coverage.. Designer or upscale products suffer from the same pitfalls. For a while I used Lancome's MAQUICOMPLET Complete Coverage Concealer which was ok and had a nice consistency, but given it's soft beige tone, did nothing to alter the color under my eyes. I then decided to give the Bobbi Brown bisque corrector/sand concealer/pale yellow powder a try. While I did love the color combos with this system, I found that no matter what I did or how carefully I applied it, the product creased like a mofo, laid way too much texture under the eye, and generally looked like poop about 10 mins after application. I was hell bent to find a way to make this product work so I tried different eye creams (very dry skin under my eyes too), primers, eye creams plus primers, applying with my fingers, with a brush, setting it with powder, leaving it alone, applying it before foundation and after.... You get the picture. I was dismayed, staring at my circles in the mirror, thinking that I would never be able to hide them.

....Then I found Master Corrector. I use #2 (orange) and it corrects all of the redness and purple under there. Amazing. The super blend able, but pigmented liquid is such a great formula for under the eye. It doesn't add texture to your under eye area even when you build it up. It looks like your skin (but better) which is the main goal of any foundation or concealer, but under the eye it is very important. There is some creasing right after application, but patting and blending gently even this out and I'm good all day.

I have to be honest and say that I do use Armani's high precision retouch in #3 and YSL Touche éclat as well on a daily basis. It is an AMAZING combination!!!! OFC YSL's TE is a cult status product (and quite addicting too), but it allows you to highlight in shadowed (i.e under subtle bags.... does help for darkness too but I find it is nicer when used to bring light to the contour shadows to look rested.). The High Precision Retouch is amazing as well. While the corrector brightens and counteracts any unwanted pigmentation, the actual concealer will lighten the darkness. Great system!

While the products I mentioned above are my fave combo of all time, I tried using Master Corrector alone under my foundation for the purpose of this review ( I know not everyone will be thrilled to buy all three products because of the price tag). I was a bit skeptical that it would work well on its own, but when I carefully blended my foundation over it the effect was amazing. I truly think that someone with moderate circles could really benefit from this method.

In conclusion this is totally a Holy Grail product. My husband thinks I love it more than I love him and on certain days, this is true. Don't be afraid of the price tag (and it is high). If you can't afford it this instant, save up for it. The amount of money I have wasted on cheaper on less effective products makes me want to puke. If you are looking for a natural texture corrector that wears well and creases very minimally, I don't think you will be disappointed. But don't take my word for it, go to your local GA counter and have them apply it for you.

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by CdnSusen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My only complaints about this product are:
1. The ridiculously high price for a tiny tube of product
2. The "cheap" packaging, which would be perfectly fine if not for the
steep price

Now, onto the good part. I have the orange colour of this corrector to brighten and diffuse the blue/purple/grey circles under my eyes.
It's an intense salmon orange colour, which put me off at first. But, I brush a bit right onto the dark circles and use my ring finger to gently pat the product into the skin. The orange colour disappears, along with the dark circles! I can then apply a light coat of my concealer or an illuminator over top and - voila! - I look bright, wide awake, alert and well-rested.

You get very little, but you only need a little. I use it at least 5 days out of the week. I'll have to see how long it lasts. The consistency is very light and creamy - really nice. I tried a few other correctors and found them to be either too light (ineffective) or really cakey. I even tried mixing MAC's 'Rule' eyeshadow with a bit of Lancome concealer to make my own corrector. Honestly, my DIY corrector wasn't too bad, but I LOVE the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector. Unless the tube really doesn't last long, I will definitely repurchase and I highly recommend it to others.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

These are nice correctors for my dark circles. You have to use a light hand with these. If I am not careful in the natural light you can see the #2 which is an apricot color. I use the #1 the pink shade the most. I then apply my concealer on top. I apply both with a brush. I still use my BB corrector for around the whole under eye area first than add the GA corrector just on the dark areas.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After a horrid experience with Laura Mercier's Perfecteur, I decided I wanted a fluid pink corrector to neutralize my dark circles and wear in conjunction with La Mer's Concealer (the wonder, the coverage, but alas, the white cast) and decided that the Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener was far too experience for the amount of product it has. So I decided to go with Armani and honestly, I don't know why I haven't tried it before. The product is very fluid but densely pigmented and immediately neutralizes the darkness under my eyes and if I'm having one of those not-so-bad dark circle days, works fine on it's own.

I have noticed some reviewers complaining about shimmer, but I I detect no visible particles of shimmer, but it is very light reflective and photographs beautifully.

Great for touch-ups throughout the day and does not settle into my fine lines or anything, something I'll most definitely repurchase. A tad pricy, yes but not as pricy as the BB Eye Brightener and I wish the packaging were better as I'm not keen on the wand and brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 5:58:00 AM More reviews by utopiancity

This is a fantastic corrector with super lightweight feel to it (just like its foundations and concealors)! I usually just stick to a concealor and I never bothered with correctors (the Bobbi Brown one is too thick and a little cakey and emphasizes my fine lines), but the sales at Armani insisted that I try this along with the concealor and after seeing the results, I was sold. I bought No. 2 in orange, and just a tiny amount neutralizes all the dark areas around my eyes. I don't even need concealor after using this! Very amazed at how well it blends into my skin and how natural it looks. The only downfall is that it has shimmer in it for some very odd reason.... If this is supposed to go under foundation and concealor, what's the point of shimmer?! Regardless, it's a small issue when compared to the impressive results it brings.

The packaging quality isn't outstanding - it just looks like a regular concealor in a plastic container with a very thin brush, but it serves the purpose. At $36, I can understand why people would hesitate before shelling out the money, but I think it does a great job in terms of correcting/covering dark circles. I'd highly recommend testing this out at a GA counter before purchasing though, as different skin tone and different types of dark circles demand different attention (in terms of products and shades).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I am so impressed with this product! I had already been quite impressed by Armani's precision retouch concealer for the natural look it gave me, while still managing to conceal my dark circles, but if I put a layer of the corrector on first, they really disappear! You also can't see an obvious layer of makeup! Yay!

I got this in shade #2, which is orange. I was wary of correctors for a long time, but still frustrated by my dark circles. After reading Marsen's notepad (Thanks, Marsen!), I learned a lot about my chronic dark circles and how to better deal with them. She recommended a peach corrector to help purple circles, and after reading some other reviews of this one, I decided to try it.

If you suffer from blue/purple dark circles and have a lot of trouble concealing them, give this product a try! It really looks amazing with a dot of Armani's precision retouch concealer on top, you don't need to use much, and the result is so natural looking! I would say this product has even achieved HG status for me and my hard to disguise circles! I feel like I now know a version of myself who looks awake and refreshed!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by msabbagh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked that this eliminated my dark circles but I really didn't like that it had shimmer in it, you can't tell unless you're in sunlight but I'm picky about where I put shimmer on my face. My MAC studio finish concealer seems to help with puffiness for some reason but this made it worse, maybe it was the shimmer, who knows.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 3:53:00 AM More reviews by louisvking

Armani Beauty's Master Corrector in shade 2 is amazing. I have had moderate dark circles for many years. I have tried multiple concealers over the years but have yet to find one that is undetectable. Since makeup is still rather taboo for a male, I tent to avoid concealers and just deal with the darkness. However, working in sales it is not to my advantage to look "tired' all of the time. Luckily I was able to find this wonderful Armani product.

I actually first saw this product in a youtube video from guy that raved about it. I wondered if it would work for me since my skin was so much paler than the reviewer. I decide to try it the next time I was at Saks. When I first started to dab the product under my eyes I was blown away at how much my dark circles were disappearing. In just a few seconds, the circles that had haunted me for years were completely gone. Thinking it was too good to be true, I did not purchase on the spot. I figured I was going to leave the store only to be horrified that my under eye area was now bright orange in real light. However, it still seemed very normal.

I find with this product, less is more. In order to control the amount, I put a little on the back of my hand and then dab it with my ring finger. When I apply it directly on my dark circles, I sometimes use too much product. When I apply too much, the orange can show through.

Depending on how bad my dark circles are, sometimes the orange is slightly too orange. I think it would be perfect for someone who has chronic dark dark circles. However, even with my moderate darkness I found that I can easily deal with the slight discoloration in one of two ways:

1, I apply a very small amount of my Cle de Peau concealer on top of the the Master Corrector. Or,

2, Sometimes I mix a small amount of the Master Corrector and my Cle de Peau concealer by warming them between my fingertips. I find that it warms up the color of my concealer (which is a tiny bit too light for my skin tone anyway, damn Cle de Peau's limited color range) as well as give the perfect amount of color correcting to the concealer itself.

The only real downside to Armani's Master Corrector is the tube. No matter how careful you are, it is a mess. The product gets all over the top of the want near the handle. I would love to see that changed.

In conclusion, while this product may not be perfect, it is hands down the absolute best product to conceal dark circles on the market. It gives an unprecedented level of NATURAL looking coverage.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by taoanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product!!!

I have all colors, yellow and green are discontinue now but in anycase, yellow is ok, nothing great. The green is very good for vains and to cover redness. The salmon and pink are the best colors for undereys circles. I personally prefer the salmon one.

I have terrible under eyes circle and when I say terrible I mean it.
This product correct my color already by itself giving me a healthier look, then I apply just a tiny bit of concealer.

If you don't have dark circle you can use this product alone, it's just perfect!! Love it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No