December 21, 2014 | 946 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Voluminous Marker eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by nicebabye

In general, this was not a great eyeliner. I'm not sure if I'm applying it incorrectly but it smudges on the top of my eyelid- even when I use the pointed tip as per the packaging. I wouldn't recommend this product for use as applying it is difficult and the point of this eyeliner is that it is "mistake-proof".

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by abogdanovic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE the idea behing this. If you are having a hard time applying eye liner, this is the one for you. You hold it like a pencil, it has an angled tip that helps you shape your eyeliner, whether winged, straight, thin thick. HOWEVER it is dry. I go the black color, and i would say it comes off gray. i thought that maybe mine was a fluke, but i guess a lot of people have that issue.

Tip: you can use this eyeliner as a guide to shape your eyeliner, and then with a more pigmented one you can go over this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by balletdancer923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never wear eyeliner, but black eyeliner is pretty much required for stage makeup so I went down to the drugstore and picked the one that looked good. I've used this for several ballet performances and I don't like this product at all! It feels like I'm drawing on my face with a marker and the angled tip makes it hard to create a straight line. I have to go over the lines in order to make them black, if I just go over my skin once it looks like dark grey.
I guess I'll use this up but I will deffinately not buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I hated this eyeliner. It's dry, the color is transparent and it has an odd smell. It doesn't produce a nice fluid straight line because the pen is really dry. I could have gotten a better look using a Crayola Marker. L'oreal makes better eyeliners than this-I do not recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so the only reason I even gave this a try was because it came as a bonus with the mascara. I was 'meh' on the mascara and I'm 'meh' on this eyeliner. Maybe I haven't used it enough, but I found that it's really rough on the eyelids. Not as smooth as I had hoped. I'll still use it because I need black eyeliner, but I won't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by gotdramma

LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea behind this. I LOVE that it is like a marker and sooo easy to apply. On con (and its a big one) is that if it gets the least bit moist (tears, rain, sweat, water, anything) it smears SOOO badly. I wish a company that is known for more quality liquid liner would adopt this "marker liner" idea and put a GOOD PRODUCT inside this AMAZING idea :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by sweetiepea5555

this is the worst eyeliner EVER!!!!!! I bought this over the weekend at a local Rite AId for $1.87 which was 75% off the original $7.50 price and still feel ripped off! I have used the L"oreal products in the past with good results and thought I would this...wow what a mistake... no color pay off at all,its EXTREMELY ROUGH on the upper eyelid to apply, it smears and smudges, blotchy/spotty application and my eyes were watery within minutes of the application... in my opinion the 1 rating is generous and would rate -10

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by xEastyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff SUCKS.
When I first opened it, the tip was white and it had to be shaken around. Then when I tried it on my hand, it was very thin and you'd have to go over it multiple times for it to be black.
I tried it on my eye and the tip is sharp! it hurts my eyes. when i'd make a mistake and try and wash it off w/ water, it would just smudge all over.
i really wanted to like it... but really, it's got nothing going for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by mishkee

So this is the worst eyeliner I have ever used. It went on splotchy and thick. An interesting fact about this product is I had swatched it on my hand, let it dry, and washed my hands about an hour l a ater. It turned a really ugly GREEN color. How weird? I really could not get it off my hand after washing my hands about five times it was just a green smudge. I also had it on my eyes and it transferred onto my lids after about an hour or two. Just a very bad product IMO.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by miaka133

Bought this at Rite Aid during their 40% off sale on all L'oreal products since I've been eyeing it for awhile. Went home and tried it on but when I opened the top, there was this white spot right in the middle of the marker tip! Then I had to kind of squeeze the tip a bit to get the liner to flow to the top. When I applied it to my top lashes, it was so blotchy and uneven that it left random spots unlined even though I ran over it again, it just shifted the liner around. Definitely not buying this again.