Rimmel Natural Bronzer - 027 Sun dance

3.9

on 6/9/2011 6:57:00 PM

This bronzer is okay, I dont hate it but I dont love it either. I like using it all over my face and building it up for contour when I need to. It has a lot of product for a small price. The packaging is not so sturdy, the cover feels like it could break if you were to bring along with you.

on 6/6/2011 10:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this bronzer. It gives me a nice glow without being too shimmery.

I think because I have medium to tan skin I do better with a bronzer that has a little shimmer rather than a matte one.

I hate the packaging of this product through. The lid is not very secure on it. They should repackage this in a compact.

on 5/27/2011 8:56:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Pros: Packaging for me is nice, I don't take it with me or anything so I don't have to worry about the cover coming off (it seems loose). It is inexpensive (I got it on sale for $2) and the color is pretty universally flattering. It just adds a nice layer of warmth to your face, nothing orange-y. (Although I do have medium/tan skin so I can't vouch for lighter skin tones.)

Cons: Definitely has shimmer. I really dislike being able to see "glitter" particles and I think because it is a cheaper bronzer the pigments aren't as fine. Also the glitter seems to migrate down my face throughout the day.

Overall, I would not buy again just because the glitter particles are so apparent. I'm not opposed to shimmer, but it has to be fine. If you want shimmer, Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips are a better option than this.

on 5/15/2011 6:27:00 PM

I am an nc40 in mac and this bronzer gives me a nice sunkissed look. The shimmer is not overwhelming. It is almost like little specks of glitter when applied to your face. I think it looks nice. I got it for $4. I would def. repurchase. If your some what darker than I am around nc50 or so i would try sun bronze its about 2 shades deeper and would look even better than sun dance.

on 4/29/2011 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like this too much. It's quite pigmented which is great, but it comes off a bit orange looking on me even when using a light hand and the smallest amount. I think I may be a bit too pale for this shade.

on 4/25/2011 11:03:00 AM

Great natural look and costs much less. Can also find on sale too. I use this and no others. Only downside is that I find it breaks up into pieces in the packaging early on which can be messy.

on 4/9/2011 3:43:00 PM

This bronzer was quite a disappointment for me. I was originally deciding between Sun Dance and Sun Light in the store, (without reading online reviews), but decided to go with Sun Dance as they pretty much looked the same in the packaging. Wrong decision. Only after I got home and read reviews did I realize that Sun Light was matte and Sun Dance was shimmery, like REALLY shimmery. I did also read some good reviews on this bronzer, but for me, I really dislike shimmer in any face products and this was honestly just WAY too shimmery for me. Once I step outside, I look like a disco-ball. I just really can't see how anyone could wear this without looking crazy in the sun! The color is alright... a tad orange, but workable. The packaging also isn't great, The lid is not secure and I feel I can't take it on the go with me because the cap is going to fall off. Another downside was that the texture is very powdery and when swirled with a brush, it kicks up so much powder! When you put it on though, it looks alright, not too powdery. The major downfall was really the shimmer in it. TOO MUCH! Shame, because it's a good deal and comes with quite a bit of product as well, 14g. I won't repurchase this, and I really have no idea what to do with it, but I will try the Sun Light bronzer.

on 3/29/2011 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

too light... I was hoping to use this for contouring but it's more of an all over bronzer as it is lighter.

on 3/8/2011 10:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this bronzer! It's a really good DS bronzer for a very good price. It gives a soft, bronzed glow with a hint of golden shimmer. The powder itself is very soft and never looks blotchy. Its also pigmented, so you can build it to a deeper bronze if that is your preference. I'm around NC35-NC37 and it shows up well on me. I think its a beautiful shade for lighter skintones as well. Will continue to purchase.

on 3/8/2011 3:28:00 PM

I got this product for $4, which is an AMAZING price. I use this to set my Clinique Quick Corrector Concealer, and it works beautifully without making me look too orangey or overtanned. Also, it lasts FOREVER, I've had it for almost 3 years and there's still enough left to last me months! My only problem with this product is the packaging; I can't take it in my purse without wrapping it in rubber bands to make sure the cover doesn't fall off. It's also very easy to break. Putting that aside, I'm definitely getting this bronzer again once I run out (:

Popular Bronzers