October 26, 2014 | 1033 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by chloenic0le

Looks flawless on, though I am not a fan of the sponge that came with it as I think it makes it look a bit cakey so I tend to use a foundation brush to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by vic37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product works magic.
So easy to apply & so quick.
I do not break out from this product at all.
I apply before school, last till after school.
Make sure you use a primer & mostiriser.
What I love is you can add whatever coverage you want and your skin will still look amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by minaleonard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually don't wear foundation (or anything on my skin for that matter...) NC40 matches my skin beautifully, but it made me break out like no other. I do have oily skin, but I remove my makeup and cleanse my face everyday. I put it away for about a month, but as soon as I applied it, what do you know? Another breakout. Shame because I love mac lipsticks and oil control lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by karenayala13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

ALWAYS the go to compact! It never fails. Flawless, don't need touch ups and longwear. I've applied in the morning before work with prime, foundation and last but not least studio fix powder and then hit the gym after work and TADAAAAA still matte! How? I have no idea but I love it! :D Now that I'm starting to show some fine wrinkles and laugh lines I must admit it settles a bit into the creases but plan on switching up my liquid foundation to the studio sculpt. (crossing fingers)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by nena72879

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have yellow under toned Filipino skin. I use C35 for winter and spring and C40 for summer to fall. The colour is perfect and highly pigmented and for me that's the most important thing. Secondly, coverage is AWESOME.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by CatVid

I find this product not worth the price.

I am experiencing breakouts everytime I use it and it goes on very cakey.

Creases into expression lines throughout the day and therefore making it look like you have wrinkles. You will have to check your face in the mirror often to smudge those away...very high maintenance.

Positive aspects are the amount of product you get...I think it contains about 3-4 grams more than the average drugstore powder and it has a very high coverage. Also, and this goes with al MAC products, you will be able to get a colour that really matches your skintone because of their broad colour range.

But I feel it might be the wrong product for people with skinproblems who are mostly seeking high coverage products because it can make their skin worse. I think those should ask for a sample before purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This wasn't a bad foundation, but I had a real hard time finding my color match. The MAC makeup artists insist that I'm a NW20, but it's just too pink! The product itself does a pretty good job covering, but can get cakey if applied with a heavy hand. Plus, it gets a tad greasy after a couple of hours. I much prefer the Loose Mineral Foundation by MAC, the shade Light Plus is perfect for my skin tone-doesn't provide as much coverage, but it's nothing a little concealer can't fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bobbi0908

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this powder! The color really matches my skin it does crease under my eye, and my smily lines()... But it doesn't cause me to break out and just in the summer time my face gets a little oily so it feels a little heavy in the heat. I apply it over prep+ prime and concealer and it stays put on a normal day, using bare minerals kabuki brush and it works just fine. I would recommend it and I will be purchasing again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by AnnaNicholeB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation! I can wear this everyday with no issues and it is so quick to apply. I do not use the sponge, I use a kabuki brush! I always seem to come back to this foundation because no other foundation does what this does for me. I wear NW 45. NO breakouts. Does not melt off my face by the end of the day. Also, on my skin it looks very natural. I prime (prime time) and moisturize (cetaphil) my face first, and then i set my powder makeup with my rosewater spray (or you can use Skindinavia finishing spray) to get rid of the cakey look. I always receive a lot of compliments when wearing this foundation.

I have really weird skin, Most other foundations I cannot use, it causes me to breakout, disappears off my face, or looks really cakey such as studio fix fluid and mufe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I bought Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation from MAC for $27 & in shade NC45. I don't think I was color matched correctly when I purchased this; I'm probably going to buy NW instead of NC next time. I actually wound up liking this foundation a lot more than I thought I would. In reality, I like it more than Studio Fix Fluid. If you're like me & have oily skin, you'll probably the fact it is obviously both powder & foundation in one step. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact it truly offered the full coverage of a liquid foundation & the all-matte finish. This in fact leaves my skin matte, not powdery. Its long-wearing is important to me because having to stop every 2 hours for retouching or reapplication is one of my biggest pet peeves.

After correcting & priming my skin, I apply this foundation with a sponge, which is the one that was provided with the company; I didn't throw it away! I think it applies easier & looks better if I apply it with that as opposed to a brush. I set my foundation with Fix+. Because I have oily/very oily skin, this oxidizes & changes color—darker. If you want more coverage, building too much powder on your skin can look thick & overdone. Though I don't wear it as frequently as I do some of my other foundations, Studio Fix Powder is one of my staple makeup products. This is my go-to makeup on mornings where I'm rushing, & it's what I wear on mornings I can't be bothered with liquid makeup. This is the best quality powder foundation I have & it's worth the money in my opinion.

~*~Random Tips~*~
1. If you have dry or flaky skin, there's your issue; powder is not for dry skin.
2. Don't wear it with liquid foundation; you set foundation with foundation?
3. Less is more; if you look caked, you might have put applied way too much.
4. Fix+ afterward does help if you think it looks too thick or dry on your skin.