MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 1/23/2015 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This powder is amazing. You can build this up for a near-full coverage. It stays in place for several hours before you need a touch up on your t-zone area. I have normal skin and I haven't had any acne in two years or more. I wore this powder even when I had acne and It didn't break me out anymore than I already was. I wore it during the treatment too and I had no problems. Perhaps those saying it broke them out have more sensitive skin than I do. I mostly wear this powder on its own because the color match is incredible - really it's spot on. It really brightens my complexion. I sometimes use it on top of my lancome tient miracle liquid foundation and i find it keeps it in place. It's value for money too as I use this powder on average three times a week and it's been one year since I bought the current pan in use.

on 1/22/2015 6:20:00 AM

This is a brilliant powder that is long lasting and beautifully mattifying. The packaging is lovely and great to use on the go. I generally use this day to day (with a touch of the SFF liquid on problem areas (if necessary) allowing a natural but matte look. I will point out: if going for said natural look (where the product is used more as an actual foundation than a setting powder), I generally use the sponge it comes with and 'press' the product into the skin however, if I'm using it as a setting powder (on top of a full face of SFF) I use a brush (a standard No7 powder one, for reference). Don't think it's broken me out but time will tell. I use NW20 or NW22 in the powder (NW13 or 15 in the liquid). I've always liked MAC. It's high end without breaking the bank!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this powder for over 12 months now and have gone through 2 other pans. This is a really great full coverage powder, I use it to set my foundation and also use it when I go out at night when my foundation starts to wear off. The consistency is lovely, it's very finely milled and looks lovely on the skin. If you're after a full coverage powder then this is for you, girls/boys who are looking for a lighter powder should looked and mac pressed powder instead as this is quiet high coverage. I don't use the sponge applicator as personally I find them a little unhygienic and prefer to use a big fluffy brush, using a big fluffy brush also allows a lighter application of the product which I prefer. This powder is pricey but it's worth the $, most drug store powders I buy tend to look a little chalky and don't sit naturally on the skin, this powder is great, it doesn't seem to cling to hair around the hairline like other powders I've used. The only negative for me is that it doesn't have great oil control, I tend to get oily around my t-zone and find myself needing to do a quick shine touch up around 11am, not too bad when you consider I apply it around 7am in the morning. The colour I use is c3, I'm usually a mac NC30 in foundation and and NC20 in concealer.

on 1/15/2015 5:26:00 PM

This is my absolute fav powder foundation so far. It blends very naturally, loved the fact that it has a lot of shades to choose. Definately a keeper!!

on 1/14/2015 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just love it!
It's a must have! I use it every day when I'm in a hurry to get ready.. And sometimes, when I have a more special hing I put it on the BB cream and it gives such a perfect coverage!
I felt sorry to hear that is not good for my skin, but it's so practical and handy that I can't think about replacing it!

on 1/13/2015 12:40:00 AM

STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE ACNE! I'm an esthetician and when I see young women with horrible, cystic acne and extremely congested skin with blackheads galore, I ask if they use MAC Studio Fix and 9 out of 10 times I'm right! It's a vicious circle because it covers so well that you can't see the acne as much, but then it's clogging your pores so badly while you wear it, that you break out even worse, then.. more makeup, more breakouts, etc. etc... Disgusting stuff! Try Make Up For Ever Duo Mat instead. It doesn't contain Nylon or Silica (which are used in packaging materials!!) and won't clog the pores. The coverage isn't as good, but you won't need as much once you get past the nasty breakouts from the MAC garbage. Get a good deep cleanse, a peel and microdermabrasion after the MAC and before the new makeup.

on 1/7/2015 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! I use it every day, it has full coverage on dark spots or pimples. My skin is oily and this foundation control de oil for almost all day; I have to reapply sometimes during the day. High recommended! I've been using this for 2 years and the only thing that bothers me is the price; a little expensive, but it worth.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I haven't worn Mac..since Rupaul was their spokesperson lol I thought I would give it a try again. Drum roll...LOVE IT! Awesome coverage...can be lightly worn with a brush or use the sponge for more. I used smashbox pore minimizing photo finish primer as a base and highly recommend both to someone that battles oily skin.

on 1/1/2015 3:57:00 PM

This is my HG powder. I have been using it to set my foundation, as well as for touch ups during the day, for the past 5 years.

I apply with a brush, and it will last me about 8 months of daily use before I have to repurchase. The sponge is good for application as a concealer if you have a pimple.

I haven't been able to find another powder that matches the coverage and oil control that this does. I highly recommend!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using this product over my bare minerals foundation for years! Or if I am using a fluid foundation I use this to set the foundation along with giving me extra coverage. I can't fault this foundation at all. I do think however it is hard work using it on its own. I also carry this in my handbag to top up my foundation after a long day and to keep me matte in summer. With a handy mirror and a bottom base for your sponge which is included, it's perfect! Coverage is light/medium if used with another foundation it would be medium.