MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

Holds makeup in place all day but can look very Cakey if used heavily over foundation. I know this is supposed to be a powder foundation but I use as a setting powder as it doesn't have enough coverage. Lasts forever too so very good vslue!

PLEASE BEWARE IF YOU HAVE ACNE PRONE SKIN OR SENSITIVE SKIN STAY AWAY FROM THIS FOUNDATION AND BRAND.

I started breaking out REALLY BAD at the moment i was using estee lauder double wear foundation and mineral powder. I ran out of powder and was to lazy to go purchase another one because my sister purchased a brand new mac studio fix that she did not touch yet.
I used mac in high school and of course, it broke me out. But i used the liquid and thought maybe the powder was different.

I fell in LOVE WITH IT. It gives you that perfect "mac" look. Like when you see the girls that work at mac with flawless skin it gives you that effect. Its good on coverage as well. I loved it. I started using it for about three weeks and on the third week i noticed that i was getting alot of clogged pores ( the ones that are bumpy but skin colored) as well as alot of red dots and pimples on my neck. At this moment it wasnt too bad yet but i didnt think anything of it because it didnt look TOO BAD. I thought it might just be a few pimples because of my period.

Until recently three days ago my NECK is FILLED WITH ACNE. Literally, it is so gross. I have probably over a hundred pimples on my whole neck. Just imagine a whole bunch of red acne with alot of them with white heads. I am so depressed because of this. The reason i KNOW that its the MAC is because i have NEVER broke out on my neck like this EVER. I have done nothing differently to my skin no changes. The ONLY changes is that with this MAC since it didnt match my neck i have to blend it all the way down to my neck. The places that i had blended it in with are the exact places i now have acne at. I literally have to hide my neck and i just dont know what to do at this point. When i wore the estee lauder i never had to blend it to my neck because the colors matched but when i did i never ever broke out from it.

Please stay away from this. Estee lauder double wear is the ultimate best foundation out there. Its good on coverage and didnt break me out. Its pricery but you get what u pay for and it lasts a long time. It hides all of my acne scars.

This powder is perfect. I like to use this stuff alot since I change up my make up allot.

This powder is great, lovely texture, blends beautifully, gives good, builable coverage without being too heavy or "cakey" on the face! I am horrendously pale so was delighted to find that it came in a shade ghostly enough for my skin, I use the shade NW15-could do with a little lighter but as I use it as a setting powder it's fab! I use it with the studio fix fluid foundation to set my foundation, add a little coverage and keep the shine at bay during the day. I have oily skin and acne, it does the job perfectly! Lovely finish!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As we all know mac is creme of the crop but this foundation is amazing! No caking at all and makes my skin look fabulous!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Went to a MAC store for the first time a month ago, and decided to buy one of their powders after sampling it. This powder is literally amazing. It controls my oily skin so well, haha and has really good coverage. Really happy with this product

I CANT SAY ENOUGH IN HOW AMAZING THIS POWDER FOUNDATION REALLY IS!!!!! I HAVE TRIED SO MANY HIGH END AND DRUGSTORE ONES AND NOTHING COMPARES TO MAC POWDERS. THE COVERAGE IS AMAZING, BUILDABLE AND NOT CAKEY. I HAVE COMBO OILY SKIN AND THIS POWDER REALLY CONTROLS THE OIL AND IF USING WITH THE BLOTTING POWDER, IT WORKS WONDERS!! I WILL ALWAYS REPURCHASE AND REPURCHASE THIS PRODUCT. IM IN NC25 AT 1ST I DID HAVE SO MUCH TROUBLE IN FINDING MY RIGHT SHADE, BUT WITH THEIR SHADE SELECTION, IT IS A BREEZE!!

FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR A POWDER FOUNDATION, LOOK NO MORE....

BUY THIS ONE!!!!! YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Please MAC: Never discontinue this product!

Shade range: amazing

Anyone who used MAC base products will know that they have a great shade range. (I’m personally NC20). The only thing I regret is that there isn’t a paler yellow toned shade that would match me in the winter.

Packaging: 5 out of 5

Just perfect, compact case with a separate compartment in the bottom for an applicator. As far as I remember, the case contains 12 grams of product, which will last you for ever. A tip: get rid of the applicator and get a softer puff from a drug store or use a brush to apply the product.

Consistency: 5 out of 5

Finely milled powder which will give you a soft, almost airbrushed effect if you have oily-combo skin.

Coverage: 5 out of 5

Definitely good medium leaning towards full. I wouldn’t expect to get more coverage from a powder product.

Finish: 4 out of 5 (very subjective, depends what you like)

Not for dry skin as it will accentuate any dryness. On my oily-combo skin it looks demi matte for the first hour after the application, than more ‘natural’ as the natural oils on in my skin start ‘melting it’ into the skin. A tip: use a blotting powder first before you apply this product and it will last longer and look better. It does oxidize on my and after about 2 hours of wear gets a shade darker. I have extremely oily T-zone, so I need to touch up throughout the day. The great thing about this product is that no matter how many times you touch up, it does not get cakey, as long as you blot the oils away first. A tip: use a tissue to blot the shine away, follow with a blotting powder, than use MAC powder + foundation and you will look just as fresh as you did in the morning.

Longevity: 3 out of 5

When it melts into the skin it melts beautifully giving you an almost air-brushed effect. I definitely need to blot and re-apply throughout the day, but, at least it looks great no matter how many times you re-apply unlike many other ‘high end’ products.

Would I buy it again? I keep repurchasing it all the time.

I have combination skin but when I wear foundation I can get oily rather quickly. I really really like this powder. I can wear it on its own, like a powder foundation with my Real Techniques buffing brush so I can get more coverage (and it sure gives you coverage!) or, if I put on liquid foundation, I just apply a little bit with a big fluffy brush to set and it works really well.
The only thing I would insist on is that it can look very cakey if you put foundation and then set it with a heavy hand so don't go overboard!
Overall, I like it because it is reliable for oily girls like me, but I would not recommend if you are normal to dry, it would be too much for you.
I would repurchase just because the fact that it can be worn on its own, which is a big saviour when I'm in a hurry or just super lazy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have a huge love/hate relationship with this product.
I love the instant finish it provides on my skin. I normally wear MAC Pro Longwear concealer & MAC Studio Fix Fluid then apply the MAC Studio Fix Powder on top.
First tip - do not buy the same shade as your MAC Studio Fix Fluid. I am normally a NW15 and thought the powder would be the exact same however I was wrong.
The powder was much lighter then the fluid and I found I had to touch up with some bronzer to balance out the white ghost look I had going on.
I must admit if you do buy the right shade it will be great. It gives a great full coverage and you can get away with wearing it without any fluid foundation underneath.
The problem I have with it is I have oily skin, especially in my T zone and find I have to touch up throughout the day. However after touching up I am left with a very cakey look as opposed to the beautiful finish it left me with earlier in the day.
If you don't like powders feeling heavy on you then do not choose this as it is full coverage and can be a bit much by the end of the day.
I also don't use the sponge it comes with, I prefer to use my own powder brush instead.
Overall a great product and I do continually buy this once I have run out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials