October 25, 2014 | 1593 users online

Crème - Graftobian - HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foundation so far that covers the rosacea on my chin and around the mouth. I would usually use it only on those areas, on top of foundation, as it's really too thick to use all over my face. (I am by no means in theater and don't need full-full coverage.) It really lasts on the areas I apply it, and redness doesn't peek through all day. Until I find a concealer/foundation that does what this does, I'll continue to use this when I want my redness to be completely gone.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by cintfaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Blends nicely after warming it up a bit
Finish is really nice

Cons:
Not waterproof or transfer proof. (even with setting powder)
Not good for people with (very) large pores - it likes clogging them ^-^
Felt sticky the whole 9-10 hours I had it on
Got new pimples after wearing once...

Would I Recommend?
No. Unless it's just for pictures, or for a short period.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

I read the rave reviews and bought this in Porcelain.

I've followed all the advice on here to adjust my skin prep and exfoliate beforehand, and still I hate this foundation.

I've applied it with fingers, a brush, a damp brush, a sponge, a damp sponge... I can't win! It settles in my pores like little white dots all over my face, makes my face look flakey and leathery (very puzzling; I moisturise religiously) and will not blend properly on my nose. It also emphasises all the little hairs on my face which normally are completely unnoticeable (you know the ones).

The only thing I like is the colour, which matches my skin very well. Too bad I'll never be able to use it. If you have even SLIGHTLY dry skin and STILL moisturise heavily, this foundation WILL NOT work for you. I think this would only be suited to very oily skintypes. If that's not you, don't waste your hard-earned cash. Absolutely shocking.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by marley100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The good news: this stuff makes your skin look flawless. The bad news: Graftobian feels a little heavy on my skin, at least when I use it on my whole face. I can't wait to wash it off.

Of course, everything is relative, so if you're used to a heavier foundation, Graftobian may not have any downside for you. I bought this foundation when I started to break out for the first time in my life, from a medication. My Prescriptives (now-discontinued) foundation, Photochrome, in warm beige (but I can also wear the lighter color vellum, in the winter) didn't completely cover up the break-outs. For other reference, I'm an NC20 in the summer in MAC. I have sensitive skin that's a little oily.

Even though I have cool-toned skin, I bought the warm palette #1. I subscribe to the Bobbi Brown philosophy that everyone has some yellow undertones, and that adding more redness to my pink cheeks isn't the way to go. That said, perhaps the neutral palette would be the better way to have gone.

On the warm #1 palette, I'm somewhere between Ingenue (the second lightest) and Vixen (the third lightest), but closer to Vixen. (I have rosy cheeks, or the Ingenue would have worked.) I often mix Vixen and Ingenue together.

Both colors, and particularly Vixen, are way more yellow than the Prescriptives Warm Buff, but still definitely serviceable.

I stopped the medication, and my skin has pretty much stopped breaking out, but I still use Graftobian sometimes. It's definitely drier than Photochrome, stays put, and gives lots more coverage--it makes my skin look near perfect, and in reality, it's so not. Even my hair stylist remarked on my Snow White complexion--my skin usually looks ruddier.

Here's a tip to make your makeup look even more amazing: if the foundation settles in your pores, take a foundation brush or an angled blush brush (I prefer the latter) and swirl the makeup once it's on. First, though, I apply a tiny amount with my fingers and blend. Then, with the brush, I swirl first clockwise and then counterclockwise. I don't find that Graftobian accentuates the pores--quite the opposite--but if you do this trick you won't see pores, period. It can actually look kinda scary, almost too perfect, so don't go too overboard.

But even without doing the clockwise/counterclockwise swirl, this stuff is pretty amazing. As several reviewers have remarked, Graftobian would be great to use if you're taking photos. It's not quite a matte look; it's a little dewier than that. I set with Fresh powder in Chalet Girl, and voila.

Because of the heaviness of the product, usually I use the Prescriptives and then spot-apply Graftobian for any break-outs and discolorations. But Groftobian for special events or when my skin is looking too ruddy/irritated is a must.

Also: Graftobian is awful under the eyes. It looks like a hot, dry, caked-on mess! I would think if you have dry skin, Graftobian might be too drying anywhere on your face, unless cut with moisturizer.

All in all, a good product that I'm glad I have.

UPDATE: I bought the neutral palette #1 to compare. The colors are much much lighter than the warm palette #1. Glamour Girl, the darkest color on the neutral palette, is a little lighter that the Vixen (the middle color) on the warm palette. Using Glamour Girl and Vixen on the cheeks in a toss up, but Glamour Girl on the chin or forehead is too light. I could try the neutral palette #2, but the warm is working, so I'll stick to it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by LadyKolie

For Reference my skin is NC/NW 07-10, or Nars Sheer Glow Mont Blanc, or illamasqua skin base 3.5. I have Acne prone, extremely sensitive, combination, oily skin. I have a lot of topical and internal allergies/ intolerances.

So far I have had no immediate issue with skin reactions or acne using this foundation.

My Foundation Check List:
Correct shade match ::check
No Sunscreen ::check
Versatile Coverage ::check
Lasting (10+ hours) ::check
Good for Combination skin ::check
No reactions, acne, or topical reaction ::check
Transfer resistant :: Check
Pigmentation :: High (grain of rice amount)
Finish :: demi/semi (depends on skin type)
Application recommendation :: a damp brush

I just received this item in a swap. It is the Neutral Palette #1. It is the lightest neutral palette. Even though I have a whole Palette, I was more interested in the Bombshell and Prima Donna shades. Though I think applied sheerly either color can work, I will say Bombshell is much closer to my actual skin tone and colour. Since I have had issues with sponge blenders looking splotchy, I went with a damp expert face brush instead. I can say that the results of the application are amazing. A little goes a long way and can be spread across the whole face. Very versatile coverage, full coverage without being cakey at all. I am extremely impressed. I like the more sheer down look, only adding extra where needed. I barely feel this on my skin. It looks incredibly natural. If applied lightly, transferring doesn't seem to be much of an issue. I can see this lasting longer on dry skin, but considering the current weather and using a benzoyl peroxide cream in my regiment lately, I have had no problems with this foundation lasting all day (10 hours) Though I think it may break down faster on oilier skin. Not sure will have to update when tested.

I think I have hit the jackpot on foundations lately.Then again it is the Fall, so we will see how the hold up once summer comes around again. I am currently reviewing Graftobian creme foundation, illamasqua skin base, and soon Kevyn Aucoin's SSE.

Considering the price, once you know your shade, I would buy a full size single tub. Very inexpensive and in my opinion much, much better than a drug store brand. Then again I have had Zero luck with drug store brands and my skin. I know I will be purchasing the full size of this when I run out.

Just as a warning this foundation contains Lanolin, so please be aware of this before you try it, if you are allergic to lanolin.

::edit:: 11/25/2012
I am not sure about this for every day wear, I think the beeswax ingredient may be a little too hard on my skin to wear everyday but on occasion would probably be fine. I should note I have had problems with beeswax as an ingredient on facial skin in the past. It could be other ingredients but I am not sure, still no breakouts but, I can feel that my skin is stressed after wearing this for several days verses other foundations.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by HES

I love this foundation! It's really highly-pigmented so a little goes a long way. Provides great coverage without looking "cakey". Great for all skin types.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the color match, price and the coverage but hate the texture. It smears around and clings to any patches on my skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Dee542

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I am very very pale skinned and have tried countless foundations in the past and this beats them all! I use Graceful Swan which is the palest of the warm tones and it is really lovely and for once matches me perfectly. It can be sheer or very full coverage without getting at all cakey and the shade range is truely amazing. It has a beautiful dewy finish which I love as well. At first I had some issues with it sliding off my oily skin but when used with a primer and a powder it lasts a long time, even in the Australian summer! I highly recommended this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I think I got swan.. whatever was lightest. I just didnt like it cuz its made with a lot of oil and I have oily skin and it just didnt work for me. turned oily fast. I am very happy with the paleness of it of course. pale skinned ladies... also check out NYX foundations. (they have one even lighter than this) its clay like stiff in container so yeah you gotta warm it up....in palm of hand or something. its 'ok' beautiful satin like finish. awesome coverage. just oily.
I think itsmade with mineral oil or petrolatum (vaseline)

I am having luck with ivory 110 revlon whipped creme instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Elasinthe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the neutral 1 palette not knowing what color would match me and having neutral undertones, Bombshell was the closest match to my skin that i have ever had with any foundation and i have tried a lot, I use studio sculpt in NC15 and it's not quite right neither was colorstay in ivory so just for the color selection alone i love this product. but i feel like i wasted my money on the palette since i can't use the other colors. The coverage is pretty good but i do find i get better coverage with studio sculpt. There are things on my face that just cannot be covered like giant boxcar scars =[ The best thing about this stuff is i can just tap it into my problem areas with a round foundation brush and run out the door without worrying if it looks cakey or unnatural. When using it for a full face i set with cornstarch and have zero transfer.