July 30, 2014 | 1592 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on the recommendation of gossmakeupartist. I have combination skin, NC30 and got this in alabaster beige 32, it's described as "light skin with yellow undertones." It's 1.69 oz / 50 ml for $46 CAD. It was my first high end foundation and I cringed at the price. I've had this for over a year, used it almost every day and I have less than a quarter left. One pump covers the redness, pores and acne scars on my face. On days when I need a little more coverage, I use the MUFE full coverage concealer (which is excellent!) At first I used my fingers and recently, I've used the Real Techniques buffing brush. I love the gel-like texture since it's water based, how soft it makes my face feel and how it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. I dust some Maybelline dream matte powder over it and I'm good to go for ten hours or more. I do have to blot after six hours but it's no big deal. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Some people witness Jesus for the first time and become Born Again. My eyes witnessed this foundation for the first time a couple of months ago. I put it under my eyes, and it magically drank into my under eye area with no pulling, tugging, or crepiness. No allergic reactions. It just sunk right in, with very little patting needed. The color match was good. Enough said.

17 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by maureentyc

Holy!

This is a winner for me!

I got a sample from sephora...

The colour matches well #32... I'm #36 in EL Double Wear... the new formula sucked and i had to start looking for a new foundation...

The texture is gelish, watery.. Dries to a powder finish.... I love the light texture, and this actually does not cake and make me look like I wore a mask... It gives a sheer coverage that made me look very very flawless like I had very very good skin... It's not gonna cover much but the finish is absolutely fantastic for me... I have combination skin, more towards oily, and it lasted really long (8-10 hours)

I tried it today and my bf suddenly said " lets go swimming!" I thought I'm totally gonna look disgusting when I get out of the pool..... Nope... I look like I had great skin and the foundation did not melt in the pool as there were lots of foundation when I remove my make up wiith a cotton pad at the end of the day....Bf also didn't noticed that I had foundation on ( when I was on with EL DW, he would hate it and made nasty comments like why wear a mask etc).

I really really love this.... Definitely will go purchase a full size bottle!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Leaahh107

I have nothing but amazing things to say about this foundation :)

I use shade #32, and it matches my skin so perfectly, it's seriously like magic. I have pink undertones in my skin and other foundations tend to look somewhat orange or yellow on me, but not this one!

I love how lightweight this foundation is. It barely feels like I have any makeup on at all! It glides and melts into your skin and is extremely soothing.

Coverage is builable. I apply with a stippling brush, and build up the foundation over my T-zone. I have breakouts on my nose and forehead... I only use about a pea sized amount on my entire face, and it's amazing how much coverage I get out of it!

I am a huge fan of the dewy finish this makeup give you. It looks really natural, and has just the right amount of shine. It does not look oily at all.

I think it smells amazing! It's a pretty strong smell, but it's a really calming sent so I love it! If you don't like fragrant make-up, that might bother you a tad though.

In conclusion, this is my HG foundation. It's well worth 40 dollars.. it looks incredible on my skin, and a little goes a long way! I recommend that you go test this product out for yourself!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by thegoldengirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation once before years ago, but returned it because I felt like it didn't offer any coverage at all, and was having trouble finding a match. I decided to try it again because while I love MUFE HD, it's a bit too much for me for the summer months, and I wanted something a bit lighter.

Now I remember why I returned it those years ago. I remember having a hard time finding a color match, and that still is true. I used 12, but it was too light, and the next shade down, 44, took all of the yellow out of my face. It wasn't red either, it just made my face look like dewey clay or something. I probably could have gotten away with mixing them together, but that's just too much work for something I want to be able to apply quickly in the mornings before I go to work, not to mention very expensive.

The finish was also strange for me. I can't even explain it really. I mean it was sheer, which was what I wanted, but I tried all kinds of different ways to apply it and different moisturizers and primers underneath, but I wasn't satisfied with the finished look. I figured that if I had to work that hard to get coverage that I liked, then it wasn't worth it, especially considering how expensive MUFE foundations are.

I still love my MUFE HD, but Face and Body didn't want to play well with me.

One thing I can say is that the last time I got this foundation it didn't have the pump, but the new ones do, which is fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by krazigirl9999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the first review that I have ever written but I was so impressed with this product that I thought it was necessary. I was in the market for a waterproof or semi waterproof makeup because I am a lifeguard during the summer but still want to have a little bit of coverage during the day. Every day in the summer I am in and out of the pool teaching swimming lessons so I am either getting splashed or putting my entire head under. I tried this today in shade 6 and was full on swimming underwater for about 5 minutes. Afterwards, this was still almost perfectly intact on my face. I was so impressed. Realistically, I know this will not last the entire day when I am in the water, but if it can last for me it can definitely last for anyone else on a hot summer day or just for someone who wants a long lasting foundation.

This is a light coverage but is more than a BB cream. (I tried the garnier BB cream last summer and felt like it slid off in seconds.) The only downfall is the price- 40 dollars is a lot.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by angelmarjorie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am new to using this foundation so I'm still trying to figure it out. Here's what I've noticed so far:

Pros:
-light weight
-beautiful finish
-not cakey
-glides on easily (no need for tons of buffing and rubbing in)
-looks very natural
-has better coverage than a BB cream, but still very light weight
-long wearing
-great color range (I purchased a little darker for summer--gives me a nice glow)
-my skin does not have any blemishes (just a little redness) so this does a nice job with the minimal coverage I need....I place my concealer where needed after blending this in

Cons:
-My skin is combination/ oily in the t-zone (esp forehead and nose) and this doesn't really help with oil control. After about 3 hours, I need to apply more powder to keep the oil at bay. I have to do this for mattifying foundations as well, but this one moreso

Not necessarily a con, but I think this foundation is better for going out at night or when being used for a shorter duration. It's not the best for looooong days because oil is an issue (for me at least--may depend on your skin)

A primer will definitely help with oil control, alongside a great matte powder. Hopefully I can find the right balance since this has been one of my favorites (reminds my a little of Chanel Lumi)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by cristinezhang

Got this baby just today and tried it on my "still-angry face" (got it from allergy and worsened by BeneFit Hello Flawless Foundation) on the left part, on the right side i tried putting on Estee Lauder Doublewear Light Foundation to compare these both stuffs.

I love how it glides real smoothly on my rough skin, it gives cool, soothing-like feeling to my face. The gel texture melts right away when I swipe it, a little goes a long way. It's got medium coverage, seems to be buildable and it also gets this sweet scent which is too strong for me personally, but I don't mind it. Doesnt break me out, yet. I will update the review if I ever found something wrong with this product :D which I hope not. haha..

I love the packaging, so pretty and gorgeous. I got this with the pump and the pump-cap. Gave the packaging a 4-stars for it's made of glass. Will give it 5 if it comes with a more reliable bottle AND a bigger pump-cap cus the current size of the cap tends to touch the excessive product which comes out of the pump hole most of the time I try to close it.

Price is a bit high for me, plus it fails to become my HG foundation so I won't repurchase unless there's a huge discount for this one. Will hunt for something cheaper with similar quality. I definitely recommend this to MUAs with higher budget than me (great for brides!) :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by hatrick01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. Some days it is perfect and others it seems to take on a different color. I am nw/nc 13-15 with redness (irish/english complxion). I have this in shade #38 pink porcelain. Some days it is natural and skinlike with no profound undertone and other times it goes on reddish with a greyish appearance. The finish is beautiful. not heavy and does not dry me out after hours of wear. But, it does vanish after about 4 hours. Can't wear this to work due to 12 hour shifts--no time to redo, so i wear this on weekends and days off. would love this if it remained the same shade when i put it on and lasted longer. Never does it emphasize lines or dryness. it does get shiny, but a blot fixes that. The smell is a little sickening, but goes away once on. I have normal/dry skin that gets sweaty, this foundation would be a gem if the staying power was longer and that weird color thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by surrealreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for about two years, and it's awesomeness still amazes me every day.

About My Skin: Combination - The area on and around my nose is moderately oily, my forehead, upper lip, and chin area are what I would call normal, and everywhere else is incredibly dry.

Coverage: Buildable... I can add a second or even a third layer with no caking involved. One layer is sheer (gives a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer and will even out minor skin tone imperfections fairly well, but nothing more). The second layer gives me light coverage. The third layer gives me medium coverage. I wait about a minute in between each layer and apply with a beauty blender. Buildable coverage is the best... when I'm feeling natural, I use one layer. On workdays and dates, I usually use two. When my skin breaks out or when I'm going for an ultra high-fashion look, I use three. One foundation does it all!!!

Finish: It's not matte, but I wouldn't call it luminous. It's just very very natural looking. Using one layer, it looks like I have nothing at all on my skin. Using two layers, I can just barely tell when looking very closely. Even using three layers, it still doesn't look cakey or fake in the slightest.

Wear Length: Forever have I been looking for a foundation that would stay put during hot, humid Florida summers. Well, this is it. I use over moisturizer and under a light dusting of MUFE's HD Microfinish Powder (or MAC's Set Powder) and it stays on the entire day. When I get home after an 8 or 9 hr day, my foundation still looks almost as good as when I first applied it. I do not use a primer though, so I can't say as to how well it works with one. The area on and around my nose gets pretty oily... especially in the summer. While this foundation doesn't stop the oil from coming out, it also isn't bothered by it. I have tried many foundations that look disgusting after my face gets oily because the oil seams to break up the foundation. This one just keeps on keepin' on. As for it's 'waterproof' claim.... it is, but only somewhat. I doubt you could go swimming and expect it to stay on for more than a few minutes. I've seen more water resistant foundations than this, but none that weren't either cakey or drying.

Texture: It's a water based gel, so it looks a bit unusual. If you shake the bottle gently, the foundation will jiggle like jelly in a jar :) It's not sticky at all though.... in fact, it feels more lightweight than most water based foundations.... like nothing is on my skin even after applying several layers. It's not drying in the least. I would say it's slightly moisturizing. I have dry skin on my cheeks that gets flaky... especially in the winter, and this foundation works to diminish the flaky look instead of accentuating it as I've found most water based foundations do.

Available Colors: The only downside to this foundation for me is the choice of shades. Depending on the season and where my work takes me (sometimes I'm outdoors a lot, sometimes I never see the light of day), my skin tone ranges between MAC C1 and C3. MUFE #32 is very close to C3, but none of MUFE's lighter shades match my skin tone. MUFE #20 is close to MAC NC20 (which is warm toned, but not yellow enough for my skin tone when I'm around a MAC C2). #38 is close to MAC NW15 (which is cool toned, so no where near a match when I'm around a MAC C1). As such, I have to mix F&B with a pure yellow oxide powder during times when my skin is lighter. It must be mixed fresh daily (I've never found found a yellow mix-in that didn't cause strange reactions with this foundation if left over night in the bottle... separation, change in texture, etc). I just don't have time for that anymore, so I now only use this foundation when my skin is dark enough to use #32. I will keep trying yellow color adjusters though... maybe some day I'll find one that can be mixed and left in the bottle.

Duration of Bottle: Using two layers almost daily, one bottle lasts me about 4 months.

Packaging: Oddly, when I purchase in-store (Sephora), the pump doesn't come with it for some reason. Just a screw off cap. Really prefer the pump, so I always purchase online.

Bottom Line: My HG foundation! Truly buildable coverage, looks natural, awesome wear length, and stays put in humid climates. If they ever stop making this, I'm picketing.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No